Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RadioRetro wrote: »
    "Eddie, you nodded there"! :eek:
    He can see down phone lines!

lol :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I thought we weren't supposed to be cash for gold or encouraging gold trade or anything :(:confused::(:confused:

Did he just say Eddie, on the phone, was nodding??:confused::confused:

I think the problem with the cash for gold shops it that they're a rip off. Jewellers have always bought gold and gave a decent price. Not these cash for gold places have popped up and give you a fraction of the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

For anyone who has and who can, looks like there will be outward flow of money from this country tomorrow

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    This 'money doctor' is just another guy (not even sure what his background is) with his own opinion. Why are all these callers treating him like a God.

I'm not even sure he's a doctor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

He has a practise... like a real doctor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Joe sounds like he is asking for personal tips from yer wan on what to do with his own little "nest-een"!

Maybe that's the purposeof this show... he is actually heavy breathing!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

This is crap. Joe duffy talking about economics which he hasnt got a breeze about and did hugh damage the last time he tried doing this.

Get these charlatans off the line.. I'm not doing a thing with my money until I hear from Jim Power.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Zwillinge wrote: »
    He has a practise... like a real doctor?

Yep. Say Aaaaah. Right that will be 50 quid please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Totally irresponsible shlte now from Duffy.

Ould wans running up to the banks to withdraw money to buy Plasma TV's ...."Joe said so"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yay, a shrill american...radio off.

No self deprecation with Joe.. He saves all his deprecation for his brother :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

europa11 wrote: »
    Oh here's Jill Kerby, more Euro-scaremongering from the Murdoch press.

Put your money into Canadian bucks/metals i'd say she'll "advise".

more euro scaremongering the better, the bureaucrats in europe dont care about putting tens of millions of us into poverty as long as they see out their european project dream.

These 2 arguing their opinions is probably scaring unclued in people even more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

signostic wrote: »
    Joe covered alzheimers for 2 days and did not even speak to a doctor...a day later and its the euro crisis and he has a money doctor on.

At least he has someone on who is knowledgeable in the field for better or for worse, better than most other topics Joe deals with. If it does go tits up Joe and John Lowe can do some explaining.
    Very irresponsible broadcast, IMO. The listenership of liveline IN GENERAL seem to me to be quite gullible. Probably shouldn't be putting ideas in their heads that will actually create a problem...

LOL, speak for yourself ;).

But there will be a couple of thousand people moving cash based on the rock solid idea that "it was on Joe Duffy today". I'm saving todays podcast, it may come in handy in the future should things go awry.

Totally irresponsible shlte now from Duffy.

Ould wans running up to the banks to withdraw money to buy Plasma TV's ...."Joe said so"

The auld ones "investing in art" will be the funniest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

telekon wrote: »
    Yay, a shrill american...radio off.

Is she not Canadian??

...shrill nonetheless! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe- "buy property" ....oh FFS :rolleyes:

Joe- "buy property" ....oh FFS :rolleyes:

They should get Brendan O'Connor on to give advice:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-smart-ballsy-guys-are-buying-up-property-right-now-1047118.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Rumour has it one of the AAA banks nearly went belly up a few days ago thats why there is action in Europe now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

buying an apt, has this guy been asleep the last few yrs..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

handbags at dawn by the sounds of things !

:)

im loving this. the money doctor aint happy with jill but its about bleeding time someone put it up to his green jesey bollocks.

things are not a happy clappy as he's maintaining .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Jill Kirby is the only one who is talking any sense here. The 'money doctor' as he calls himself is a shill. he recently called people that were holding out on buying houses as greedy. I remember a couple of years ago he was singing the praises of Bertie Ahern until someone else put him back in his box.
    John Lowe is up there with eddie Hobbs with regard financial advice.
    he has a nice reassuring voice for radion though.

DO NOT BUY AN APARTMENT! Jesus where are these people coming from.

edit: I think Joe was a bit disappointed when Jill said not to buy property.

Buy a house theres just as cheap

neris wrote: »
    These 2 arguing their opinions is probably scaring unclued in people even more

Yeah this is really irresponsible broadcasting... Any discussions that could have a huge affect on the country's finances need to be handled by a pro (i.e. Pat Kenny), not Joe's usual hysterics..

I am aware that I could lose some of my money if we go back to punts.. but I'm trying to be patriotic by leaving the money there...(as any money I take out will have to be replaced by the ECB, from what I'm aware)...

And who the hell believes what economists say any more ??? All of them have private interests, they are not independent observers..

DO NOT BUY AN APARTMENT! Jesus where are these people coming from.

To be fair, if there's one thing the Liveline listeners know NOT to do, it's to buy an Irish built apartment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

I really despair of people who call up some nobody on a radio show, to ask their advice as to whether they should make a substantial investment in property.

I mean, he is hardly going to act based on the advice received from these 'money people', is he?.....or is he?

Very scarey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

To be fair, if there's one thing the Liveline listeners know NOT to do, it's to buy an Irish built apartment..

:D Indeed, you would think!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Buy an apartment lol. Is this guy for real. You know the end is near when even rte are telling people the euro is fcked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This 'money doctor' is just another guy (not even sure what his background is) with his own opinion. Why are all these callers treating him like a God.

He has a book thats out every year, called The Money Doctor Financial Annual, the new edition should be in the shops now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFvffkZEMxF7KqNdKdyHXvYHo_3dCYFWMlow7PgsVYbTeF8Vza

Its published by Gill &MacMillan which also owns Transworld Ireland who recently published a book called "Just Joe" by one Joe Duffy.

There are several books in the genre of "The Money Doctor" that come out every Christmas but only one is published by Gill & MacMillan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement