Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jill Kerby writes a blog for RaboDirect (or she did until recently, at least)

Should she not have declared that when answering questions about whether we should move deposits there?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeah this is really irresponsible broadcasting... Any discussions that could have a huge affect on the country's finances need to be handled by a pro (i.e. Pat Kenny), not Joe's usual hysterics..

I am aware that I could lose some of my money if we go back to punts.. but I'm trying to be patriotic by leaving the money there...(as any money I take out will have to be replaced by the ECB, from what I'm aware)...

And who the hell believes what economists say any more ??? All of them have private interests, they are not independent observers..

Remember this genius

Dan_McLaughlin007275_display.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

"....a FREE Funny Friday..."

Gerroutta that Joe, it costs us all a bit of our sanity...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Dr. Joes advice:

Switch all your Euros into Festive Fivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Remember this genius

Dan_McLaughlin007275_display.jpg

Ah Dan...where is now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its a bit like going to a bookie.

Fills me with confidence....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

And who the hell believes what economists say any more ??? All of them have private interests, they are not independent observers..

Couldn't agree with this more. It's frustrating to see how economists are constantly being wheeled out on every radio and television show. We seem to have "celebrity economists" in this country too, which I don't think is the case in other countries. And the "world's only economics festival" in Kilkenny every year.

Bizarre for a country that doesn't know its arse from its elbow in terms of the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

handbags at dawn by the sounds of things !

:)

im loving this. the money doctor aint happy with jill but its about bleeding time someone put it up to his green jesey bollocks.

things are not a happy clappy as he's maintaining .

john lowe is an establishment hack , an uncle tom of the highest order , his response anytime someone suggests the euro is looking iffy is one of , NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS , MOVE ALONG , been listening to this guy for years on newstalk , only a few weeks ago , he scolded a texter for contradicting lowes advice that now was a good time to buy a house , i often wonder is this guy on the payroll of the dept of finance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Yeah this is really irresponsible broadcasting... Any discussions that could have a huge affect on the country's finances need to be handled by a pro (i.e. Pat Kenny), not Joe's usual hysterics..

I am aware that I could lose some of my money if we go back to punts.. but I'm trying to be patriotic by leaving the money there...(as any money I take out will have to be replaced by the ECB, from what I'm aware)...

To be honest Jonathan I think that is foolish. You could lose 40 or 50 percent.
    I don't put the same value on patriotism.
    I have already moved all of my savings,over a year ago.
    But each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

Joe being patronising ' Do you follow all this stuff about the euro, Mary?'i

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There is a guy on boards with 25k invested prize bonds.

From todays post:
    Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Total winnings since Feb '11 on €25k: €300

Less than 1% interest. Not alot.

Mary and her "pooount"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I loved your book Joe.. You gave the brother some kicking didnt you?"...

Am I the only one who heard that.. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

joe and your man laughing at the old lady about the euro collapse, their are as ignorant as the minsters in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

really? I did not hear that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

:eek: I missed that

I'd say Newstalk are not happy.. The "Money Doctor" is usually their man.. Has a regular slot doing exactly what he's doing on Liveline right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe is desperate at this stage for advice.

Bet he's sorry now he stuffed all that hard-earned cash:rolleyes: of his in to matresses.

Joes explaining how its done now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

irishh_bob wrote: »
    john lowe is an establishment hack , an uncle tom of the highest order , his response anytime someone suggests the euro is looking iffy is one of , NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS , MOVE ALONG , been listening to this guy for years on newstalk , only a few weeks ago , he scolded a texter for contradicting lowes advice that now was a good time to buy a house , i often wonder is this guy on the payroll of the dept of finance

his latest bollocks about telling people to leave all their money in irish banks has been getting up my nose lately.

things are VERY dodgy out there and theres nothing wrong with covering your arse so i dont see them doing anything wrong by diversiving

i mean FFS, talking about people not being supportive of ireland !

that ol line about scoundrels and patriotism comes to mind.

this is every man for himself now. just listen to the bollocks coming out of him now about america. yeah its ****ed, but its the world reserve currency too.

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    really? I did not hear that :confused:

Sorry Mike, I was joking.. that's what I wanted her to say.. lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"real unemployment" ...as opposed to what? imagined unemployment?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I didn't know we had so many economists....

Why aren't these guys outside in Europe sorting the whole thing out???

I've taken Jill Kirby's advice..

SpandauBalletsongPics1PHGVzm26PIz5iM.jpg

Got 15,000 copies on ebay... Finances sorted.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays john lowe didnt sound very upbeat after that show !

:)

Maybe Joe has heard something we haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I'd say Newstalk are not happy.. The "Money Doctor" is usually their man.. Has a regular slot doing exactly what he's doing on Liveline right now..
    Newstalk is on its last legs. Will be gone in the new year. Lowe is looking for a new gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"enjoy alcohol sensibly" :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

I would argue that this is, finally, some Responsible broadcasting where people can air their fears and listen to some good advice, espicially from Kirby. Far too long people have been listening to the shepherds soothing the sheep - the time to protect your self and your family has come.

Patriotism is not defined by where you store your wealth i.e knowlingly leaving your money in an insolvent entity is not a smart move.

If you read up on what happens when a currency collapses ala Argentina, you soon realise that patriotism is fine when you are supporting the boys in green next summer but it does not feed any mouths IF the Sh1t Hits the Fan.

The IF is the important bit and anyone with means should always act to protect those means.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement