Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Its a sad reflection that it takes Anglo to have to file against Drumm in the US to get them to force him to sell his house thats in his wifes name as part of his settlement to Anglo. Nothing happpening here. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

That's good so. I'm off out to the back garden. I fancy a grass sandwich for lunch.

Bit of mayo, dash of salt.... Lovely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

my friend wrote: »
    that was down to the wire, edge of the seat stuff!

yeah twas great stuff, poor manning and the boys celebrating for getting the game to OT then rodgers boom boom down the field and game over

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This should be fun:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

These people are just dying to vote FF back in.

Just because someone critiscises the present government it doesn't make them an FFer by any stretch. I'm getting sick of this now that when you point out some inconsistencies in FG you sre labelled FF straight away, its like some form of thought police.
    headmaster wrote: »
    I think it's about time Enda and c/o begin to accept it's their baby now. No good blaming the last lot for what's going on now. Enda's beginning to sound like a big cissy. Pull out the thumb Enda and stop being a big wuzz all the bloody time. By the way, you will not be "THE ONE" who'll get us out of where we are now, "We are the one's" who will do it. You might think Enda that you did the right thing last night, time will show that there was no need for this self gloating sh1t. Go do your job if you're able and if not, fcuk off before we send you running.

My biggest disappointment in the new Government is their singular failure after 9 months to introduce a coherent jobs policy which is a bit pathetic seeing that its the main topic of conversation at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Glad that's over. Bunch of morons as per usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

yeah twas great stuff, poor manning and the boys celebrating for getting the game to OT then rodgers boom boom down the field and game over

matthews fairly bitch slapped him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

do you have bread or will you use tree bark?

I'll use the tree bark I think. I might have a frog for dessert if I can find one, but only a hairy one. They're a lot tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh bloody hell... Mary Wilson. I don't know when I last listened to her.

On the plus side, it's PBH!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

sudzs wrote: »
    Oh bloody hell... Mary Wilson. I don't know when I last listened to her.

she is PAINFUL

I always switch when I hear that pedantic dry tone

'there is Minister Howlin with his Briefcase' oh how we love to note how we ape the British

why a Briefcase in 2011? smart economy me hole

• Advertisement

matthews fairly bitch slapped him

ha yeah, i taught the giants were going to pull it off, but the packers have to much fire power going forward, hard to see them getting beat this year

sudzs wrote: »

Ah yes........... Myles's nephew? ;)

dont think i can listen to this, going to bury my head in the sand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

bijapos wrote: »
    Just because someone critiscises the present government it doesn't make them an FFer by any stretch. I'm getting sick of this now that when you point out some inconsistencies in FG you sre labelled FF straight away, its like some form of thought police.

My biggest disappointment in the new Government is their singular failure after 9 months to introduce a coherent jobs policy which is a bit pathetic seeing that its the main topic of conversation at the moment.

My experience of listening to liveline callers is that that is exactly what they are. However I take your point.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Me too, it's very shouty already.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Leo?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

brendan-duffy.jpg

THE brother of Liveline host Joe Duffy has called on his famous sibling to sell his autobiography at a discount as part of 'Fiver Friday'.
    Last week, Brendan Duffy broke his silence to slam his brother's decision to include details of his past in his autobiography. The best-selling book, called 'Just Joe', describes how Brendan was once addicted to heroin and was jailed for a robbery 27 years ago.
    But now, Brendan is calling on his brother to put his money where his mouth is and to sell off Just Joe at a discounted price. Joe has been using Liveline to ask people to spend an extra €5 on Friday to help support businesses in their community as part of Fiver Friday.Just Joe is currently being sold for €16.99 in bookstores across the country.
    "I am calling on Joe to sell the book for €5 as part of Fiver Friday," Brendan said. "If he is asking business to do deals with people and sell them stuff for a fiver, then he should do the same."
    Last week, Brendan exclusively told the Sunday World how he broke down in tears after reading extracts from his brother's book. Joe describes his brother's life as "crippled and ruined by a savage addiction" and says Brendan owes every member of the family money.
    But Brendan hit back: "The fact is I don't owe anything to anybody.
    "I'm proud of my brother and what he achieved, I just don't like his book."

FYP :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Brendan said Joe phoned him on the day the extracts for the book were published in a British newspaper. But he insists the pair had a row and haven't spoken since, despite the fact he has repeatedly tried to make contact with his brother by texting into his show.

"I have texted into Liveline asking him could he make contact with me. "Primarily, because I wanted to tell him I was thinking of doing my own story - something he never did for me. "I have told him I want to come on Liveline to debate what he has said about me but I have got no reply.

He'll let every other f**ker on with their boring story, but wont let his brother on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The one big upside to this afternoon's doom and gloom was that we only had to suffer through a very brief liveline, and better yet, no bloody Mooney!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

To be honest I think Joe's brother (Brendan) is coming across as the bigger asshóle here.

I don't really give a toss about their family squabbles, and Joe (or more likely the producers of Liveline) is quite correct in denying this opportunistic chancer his rant. There is enough wastage of the licence fee tax without using it to humour disgruntled siblings of RTÉ presenters.

Let him write his own book instead of wasting the money the Sunday World are paying him by sending texts to Liveline. If people are interested in what he has to say they'll buy the book. I won't be one of them.

As for his suggestion that Joe should sell his book for €5 on Fiver Friday.
    It was either ill informed or a cheap shot. The price of a book is fixed by the publisher. Not the author.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Lapin wrote: »

Let him write his own book

That's a great idea.

He sounds like he's had an exciting life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I figured why the budget is spread over 2 days instead of one. They realised by limiting Joe to old 45 minutes instead a full 75 minutes, they are making a saving. Lets see, 400,000 a year, divided by 50 weeks is 8000 a week for 5 shows of 75 minutes, which is 21 euros a minute. Wow. So by cutting him short by 30 minutes on 2 days they have saved the country 1260 euros.

My math must be off, that sounds like a phenomenal amount of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Man on The News At One complaining that the Childrens Allowance cut will hit him and his Eleven Children badly.

No harm. The State shouldn't be a cash machine for him and his Football Team. Eleven children :eek:

To be honest I think Joe's brother (Brendan) is coming across as the bigger asshóle here.

I don't really give a toss about their family squabbles, and Joe (or more likely the producers of Liveline) is quite correct in denying this opportunistic chancer his rant. There is enough wastage of the licence fee tax without using it to humour disgruntled siblings of RTÉ presenters.

I agree with you to a point but I reckon if another Irish celebrity wrote a buke exposing the family's dirty laundry in public, and a disgruntled brother of the celebrity rang up Liveline to complain, I think Joe would be a very eager beaver to have them on his show.

Joe,s brother Brendan should go to TV3 I am sure they could fit him in some where, get vincent to interview him :-)

Good news going to miss todays show, sorry joe.

realies wrote: »
    Joe,s brother Brendan should go to TV3 I am sure they could fit him in some where, get vincent to interview him :-)

forget vincent surely ''expose'' is the show for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Skid wrote: »
    Man on The News At One complaining that the Childrens Allowance cut will hit him and his Eleven Children badly.

No harm. The State shouldn't be a cash machine for him and his Football Team. Eleven children :eek:

hope hes not planning a subs bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe: "What's a street drinker"
    Caller: "A man who is on the street and drinks, Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

As for his suggestion that Joe should sell his book for €5 on Fiver Friday.
    It was either ill informed or a cheap shot. The price of a book is fixed by the publisher. Not the author.

He sold 25 of them for a fiver in dundrum on fiver friday (well easons did)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement