Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And that's why it's nigh on impossible to get the number to call from abroad any more! :p

+353 1 2082984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What's the story .. Is Liveline over at 2.30 again for the Budget Part II?

Nerp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

did anyone see the oul wan on the news last night that was complaining that she can only heat one room in her house all day?

I had to laugh, I know couples where both work and they only heat their sitting room at night if its actually cold.

muppets THINK there is a money tree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Think Newstalk are also carrying it. Hope so, anything to avoid the god-awful Mary Wilson :mad: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

europa11 wrote: »
    Think Newstalk are also carrying it. Hope so, anything to avoid the god-awful Mary Wilson :mad: .

Hook is on at 3. Mary for half an hour...:(

What was the cut that they are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

My heart is breaking for this man and his son Tom, knowing he won't last long... It's amazing all the hardship some people go through.

Am upset & mad now, can only imagine how evryone ringing feels.

On thread topic: Dammit Joe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

stop shouting joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

jaysus joe has woke up

• Advertisement

money_tree.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its Sky Sports fault Joe!
    I'm sorry these people have problems, but everyone does, the country is fooked. What do they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Joe and his crocodile tears....

alot of peoples smoke money has been busted

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Joe "man of the people even though he's on a shít load of money per year" Duffy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

pc7 wrote: »
    I'm sorry these people have problems, but everyone does, the country is fooked. What do they want?

A little dignity and fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is very upsetting stuff:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

True, but most of us have some "down time", these people will spend their lives caring for their children 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"It's all tax payers money" says Joe....

A lot of it goes on your fúcking wages you tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

yes joe the taxpayer.................... that pays your wages too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really wish we just had one unmerciful budget this year, tax hikes, pay cuts, the whole fecking lot! Just get it done and out of the way. We are facing into at least another 5-6 years of budgets like this. We are paying out more than we are taking in, everything has to be cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

Lapin wrote: »

No problem with a little dignity and fairness, everyone deserves that.

But....to be honest, I cannot afford sky sports right now, don't think this man is helping his cause by mentioning this.

Its a bit sh1t that the dole didnt get cut, and those with disabilities have been cut.

Lapin wrote: »

But everyone is facing cuts be you young, old, disabled or sick. If you don't get hit this year it will be next or the next or the next. Its financial armageddon time, we are really in the shi_tter and I don't people realise that.

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    No problem with a little dignity and fairness, everyone deserves that.

But....to be honest, I cannot afford sky sports right now, don't think this man is helping his cause by mentioning this.

I think he meant to illustrate this his son has only one real interest and one real outlet. That another 18 year old can go down the pub and watch a game, or to a friends house, but that his son cant.

syklops wrote: »
    Its a bit sh1t that the dole didnt get cut, and those with disabilities have been cut.
    This year it wasnt but wait until next year, the dole will be cut if they are lucky, if we are unlucky there just won't be any money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I feel sorry for these people, but I think people are very unappreciative of what the State does provide... They get 188 euro a week a free medical care, and free medication .... (correct me if I'm wrong, cos I could be wrong about the medication, do they have to pay the first 50 euros? )

I mean it's not the State's fault that the child has an illness, and there is only so much money that a bankrupt country can contribute to help... Though I think they should have hit the dole, single mother's, rent allowance (people who are capable of more than those with illness) before hitting the disabled..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

We are all fooked buts it the poor and sick that are taking the brunt of it

I cannot see the logic of reducing allowances of mentally disabled people by 40% and at the same time only cutting ministers, top civil servants & politicians pensions by 4%. Last election was the first time I voted Labour, it will be the last time too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

syklops wrote: »
    But everyone is facing cuts be you young, old, disabled or sick. If you don't get hit this year it will be next or the next or the next. Its financial armageddon time, we are really in the shi_tter and I don't people realise that.

Not quite everyone pc7.

• Advertisement

i just saw a bunch of obese oafs (you cant tell if they are pregnant because they are so fat) pushing prams up the street

they always travel in gangs, its a great life

with their inverted snobbery they sneer at hard working taxpayers busting a gut so as these junkies/wasters can live it up with naer a care in the world

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement