Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Marie Sherlock...... ROOIIIIGGGGHHHTTTT, ROIIIIIGHTTTTT..

I envisage the radio being fkd through the window before too long..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

It's the optics. How can a government stand over a cut to people with disabilites when arseholes like Bertie and Biffo are creaming it off the State with their ridiculous pensions?

This whole thing about all people sharing the burden is a load of shyte. I think a lot of people might be able to stomach the cuts if they saw that the people at the top were being cut substantially as well.

It may make it more palatable but it wouldn't bridge the deficits and cuts would be made.

And for arguments sake I agree with you, it sickens me that cretin aherne is drawing down what he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MrsD007 wrote: »
    True, but sometimes in the case of conditions like autism, a family can have three children before the first child is diagnosed. When they test the other children, they also can have it.

Yeah often you don't get an appointment to get autism diagnosed til a child is 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thats YOURE responsibility, its your kid. If you had one disabled child why would you have another child ffs. I wouldnt.
    Wow! That is a statement and a half :eek: So children with special needs should be denied siblings...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

So if you're deaf and independent you are a danger? Right.

I never said that, drop the Beef, we were discussing Mork's Mother and she had mentioned Gardai

she wanted her son labelled like a Jew with a star of David so as the Gardai would know he was 'disabled'

she obviously has alot of trouble with him, I know of a guy that is similar but I wouldnt label him disabled like Mork's mother would...

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    In my primary school there were 3 or 4 kids with a range of special needs between cleft pallets and dwarfism and other things.

There are some very bad genes out there unfortunately.

I often try to see the positive from the credit bubble, it certainly allowed the Island to increase its gene pool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Wow! That is a statement and a half :eek: So children with special needs should be denied siblings...

No but an amnio test would prepare the parents and give them options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Zwillinge wrote: »
    And here we go...I guess...

Well I'm delightfully miserable now!
    He better be a bit more chipper tomorrow and make his weird noises, gasps and try 'n' sell his book to us!

It was Brendan Howlin yesterday.

There is something about Michael Noonan's voice that relaxes me. Dermot Morgan could do him very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Thats YOURE responsibility, its your kid. If you had one disabled child why would you have another child ffs. I wouldnt. Also demanding places in school same as ordinary kids when an assessment of their abilities would clearly show that college etc would be of no benefit but insisting that they are integrated just to have the same chances.

Didn't the Nazis have similar ideas?

An amino test won't identify autism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Amnio has quite high risks of miscarriage. Abortion is not legal in ireland and it is pretty expensive to get one in the UK.

An amino test won't identify autism.

but a kick in the hole can cure it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thats YOURE responsibility, its your kid. If you had one disabled child why would you have another child ffs. I wouldnt. Also demanding places in school same as ordinary kids when an assessment of their abilities would clearly show that college etc would be of no benefit but insisting that they are integrated just to have the same chances.

So you're saying that children with special needs should be denied a right to education simply because they might not make college ?

And that they shouldn't have the same chances as any other child ?

And there I was thinking the Victorian era ended 110 years ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

my friend wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Please explain how that would cure autism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

No scientific studies to back this up but yes it would in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

emmukio wrote: »
    The Nazis did have similar ideas but they got cut down in their prime. Are any of Joe's callers aware that there is, in fact, a recession?

:eek: You're joking. Right?:D

Didn't the Nazis have similar ideas?

What does that statement mean. Its the parents choice when and how many kids they have. Will you reread the post Where does the Nazis line fit into that?

No1J wrote: »
    No scientific studies to back this up but yes it would in a lot of cases.

Please tell me you're joking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Haha, this thread always deteriorates into randomness at 3 o'clock...:D

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

I think it was a (poor) attempt at humour to dissolve the tension a little. Don't get offended, its not worth it.

So you're saying that children with special needs should be denied a right to education simply because they might not make college ?

And that they shouldn't have the same chances as any other child ?

And there I was thinking the Victorian era ended 110 years ago. :(

No. If the kids have the ability to get ahead in school Im all for it and should be supported 100%. What good is a leaving cert if they cant pass .... Just to have gone to secondary school same as "everyone else".There was a special needs kid in my daughters class and 75% of the teachers time was spent attending the child.....for what!!! The kid was held back another year as she hadnt met the grade to go on.

Of course I'm joking.

I think it was a (poor) attempt at humour to dissolve the tension a little. Don't get offended, its not worth it.

Everyones a critic today.

No1J wrote: »
    Everyones a critic today.

I wrote the poor bit more for him than you.

No. If the kids have the ability to get ahead in school Im all for it and should be supported 100%. What good is a leaving cert if they cant pass .... Just to have gone to secondary school same as "everyone else".There was a special needs kid in my daughters class and 75% of the teachers time was spent attending the child.....for what!!! The kid was held back another year as she hadnt met the grade to go on.
    Maybe the child benefited from the social interaction with her peer group, it doesn't all have to revolve around academics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

In my primary school there were 3 or 4 kids with a range of special needs between cleft pallets and dwarfism and other things. There are some very bad genes out there unfortunately.

And yourself with the one eye.. No cut on my humour in the budget.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Reported

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Trampas wrote: »
    Who has the heating on after st patricks day.

put a jumper on

I listened to that woman rant today about the fuel allowance getting cut.

I know nowt about this allowance but couldn't believe it when I heard it was paid into May. May!! And paid for half the year.

Christ Ireland is cold but its not that cold.

And why would she not advocate the Gov waiting to see what the weather is like in April and May before paying it out? She wants it paid even if we have a heatwave in April?

Stupid bint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

noworries wrote: »
    Reported

I hate when people announce this.:rolleyes:

Makes you sound petty...if you have to do it, it should be done in private.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement