Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Wah wah wah

Everyone owes me everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

396.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

"My son is earning too much to be given a medical card"

Ok... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I bet Angelas son is loving his mum right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

DuckStab wrote: »

Ok... what?

You must be new around here. This is par for the course.. :)

• Advertisement

DuckStab wrote: »

Ok... what?

Yeah.

Oh Jesus, Mooney just makes me want to throw my radio against the wall. Except it's my phone, so I'll probably just turn it off instead...

Also - he said he'd throw in an extra grand because of the doom and gloom of the budget. Which (by my maths) means they'll give away €1,000 less than a normal week...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Mary Kingston... the leedle peeble..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

dulpit wrote: »
    Inform yourself people on your rights, don't expect someone to tell you...

I was thinking that myself, would you not inform yourself of your rights and that word I hate so much, entitlements. Libraries, Citizens Advice, the information is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Joe is one of the most biased show hosts around.

He never seems to ask callers any difficult questions or take them up when they come out with utter nonsense. He just panders to their moaning and say sh1te like "God bless you".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

that first father who rang in today and yesterday could have done with a punch in the mouth. I only heard the 1st 15 minutes but he didnt shut up interupting every other caller about his precious son. I wont even remark on what he sounded like himself. Been working late nights this week and got listening to the guy on 4fm last night and monday night and he makes mr 400k a year duffy sound like a community radio presenter. Joe is to soft and driving a peace and love agenda and then following up with waffle the next day after somthing hes talked about gets done

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But Joe is the champion of the people.

He's a man of the streets.

He's salt of the earth.

He's working class.

He's just like one of them.

............. except he's on €400,000 a year for doing what most would do for €40,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Perhaps we should create our own 'fund' where we can employ somebody to stand around with a sandwich board decrying the wages of Ireland's biggest fraud? I'm not even kidding. He must be stopped.

Joe tweeted this last night: "Following his call on liveline yesterday about disability cuts Niall Winters was phoned by the Taoiseach . The cut is now gone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

syklops wrote: »
    Joe tweeted this last night: "Following his call on liveline yesterday about disability cuts Niall Winters was phoned by the Taoiseach . The cut is now gone"

What an asshole. Those cuts were gone BEFORE liveline and EVERYONE knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Joe is believing his own hype at this stage.
    I'd like to see how he would do on another rival station with the same time slot such as 4fm or Newstalk.

Joe:"After making a call to Liveline, he then received ANOTHER call, from the Taoiseach"

Er, how did he receive another call if he called Liveline? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I think this is getting out of hand at this stage, the cuts for the disabled have been paused, they are not gone by any means. If they are gone because of Kenny listening to Liveline then that is bad show by Kenny. Who sets the agenda, the people in the GE or Duffy on Liveline. Incidentally Eileen Dunne read out the news at 3 yesterday, she emphasised the word "paused" so why the fcuk Duffy is insisting they are gone is beyond me. They more than likely will be introduced quietly over a holiday or tacked on to some other piece of legislation.

I got the impression that Kenny was engaging in a piece of shady populism on Tuesday when he rings a Liveline caller telling him essentially he will get Labour to reverse the cut. Listen to Joes intro on Ronan Collins at 12.40 yesterday, pur fawning radio. Its not the first time Kenny has done this with Liveline listeners, he did it as leader of the opposition, he certainly is being told how to use the media to good effect for himself.

I'll point out that I disagreed strongly with the cuts and am happy to see them reinstated for the time being but we need to know if the country is being run by Kenny or by Duffys tabloid radio.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1208/1224308743063.html
    TAOISEACH Enda Kenny has “paused” one of the controversial cuts in disability payments announced in the budget.
    In an apparent U-turn, Mr Kenny said the proposal to increase the age of entitlement to disability benefit from 16 to 18 would not now be included in the Social Welfare Bill to be debated today and tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm not sure which emotion to prepare for today's show.
    Should I be:
    shocked
    dumbfounded
    appalled
    disgusted
    outraged
    agog
    scandalised
    fazed
    stupified
    alarmed

syklops wrote: »
    Joe:"After making a call to Liveline, he then received ANOTHER call, from the Taoiseach"

Er, how did he receive another call if he called Liveline? :confused:

He, (i.e. the Liveline caller with the disabled child) mentioned during the call to Joe that he had spoken to a FG TD on the matter (I forget the name of the TD). Enda Kennys office got onto the TD, got the callers phone number and Kenny rang him after 3 pm on Tuesday saying he would reverse Labours cut. Kenny said to the caller that he was on the way down to hear Noonans speech but that the cut wasn't in his speech for obvious reasons.

Caller rings Liveline on Wednesday morning and Joe got a jerk off session on it. Joe failed again to mention that the cuts have been paused, not reversed, as saying they have been reversed makes for better radio.

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »
    He, (i.e. the Liveline caller with the disabled child) mentioned during the call to Joe that he had spoken to a FG TD on the matter (I forget the name of the TD). Enda Kennys office got onto the TD, got the callers phone number and Kenny rang him after 3 pm on Tuesday saying he would reverse Labours cut. Kenny said to the caller that he was on the way down to hear Noonans speech but that the cut wasn't in his speech for obvious reasons.

Caller rings Liveline on Wednesday morning and Joe got a jerk off session on it. Joe failed again to mention that the cuts have been paused, not reversed, as saying they have been reversed makes for better radio.

I was remarking on the way Joe emphasised the 'another' when he was introducing the show on Ronan Collins, when he made no mention of him receiving a first call.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I flipping hate ads that make men out to be morons, "where's the dog" feck off missus!

Stop the presses! The government aren't giving away money for free!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm lost already, what is this guy selling?:confused:

pc7 wrote: »
    I'm lost already, what is this guy selling?:confused:

External insulation...

Ah here we go, the moan-groan-piss and give out line is open now.

"Most of them go to the credit union, pay for the work, and when they get the grant they pay back the credit union".

Whats wrong with that? The alternative is to give money to people with out any guarantee the work will be completed and not spent on a holiday in Marbela.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

duncan stewart wont be a happy man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe is on the phone to Government now, to get this "paused" as well.. :)

The Green Party are dead makes sense to me to cut this, if I had a spare 4 g's the last thing I'd be spending it on is this. Wear an extra jumper, jobs oxo.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    External insulation...

Its all kinds of insulation, especially attic insulation. Houses here are woefully insulated, the GP idea to give grants to retrofit houses was a good one, created jobs for little money and helped OAPs to reduce bills. The cutting of grants will put s good few people on the dole and prevent people from getting the gaff properly insulated.

Mad idea by FG to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement