Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Liveline planning meetings on Monday must have been really hard.

Joe: So whats the topics for this week?
    Producer: I duno, budgets on though
    Joe: Great, topics sorted then just put through all whingers
    Producer: tThat it?
    Joe: Yeah meeting ajourned. See yous at 145 im going to check the bestsellers list see how me bukes doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did anybody hear Dan Boyle has released an album (no joke)... Newstalk played a song from it earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The older corpo houses were better built than the junk built in the last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm sick of all these budget debates, all that happens is that people call on 1 specific topic that directly affects them. Nobody suggests a better cut/tax raise in the place of this.

In case people weren't aware, this country is broke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The older corpo houses were better built than the junk built in the last 10 years

No doubt...but many of them were built before there was the level of insulation products that are available now.

The madness in this is that you lay off these guys to pay them to sit on their holes whilst people draw a fuel allowance for heat that's going to waste.

• Advertisement

turnaround-725257.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anything built up 1999 is better bulit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

pc7 wrote: »
    The Green Party are dead makes sense to me to cut this, if I had a spare 4 g's the last thing I'd be spending it on is this. Wear an extra jumper, jobs oxo.

There weren't that many people who spent €4000 on external insulation, most of them spent a few hundred getting rockwool in the ceiling. I know it was the Greens idea but try to look beyond that, it was actually a good scheme that was self financing.

I've no idea where FG are going to create 100,000 jobs if they are doing this. 9 months in and we still have no proper jobs strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's a terrible line...

She should have invested in some decent copper wires..

• Advertisement

NSAI eh...give us a few grand there and we'll give you an ISO#### to say that you're a great bunch of lads.

For whaaaaaaaaa:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

neris wrote: »
    Anything built up 1999 is better bulit

Around 1980 the Irish developer discovered plasterboard and timberframe, since then the houses have been shoddy with brutal insulation with the exception of a lot of self builds.

Myself and the brother put proper insulation in the attic of the oul fellas bungalow last November, cost €350 for material (labour was us so was free), he had the money on oil saved by March! Go figure. It was a good scheme, to cut it is very short sighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Annual is a wonderful word. I get paid 400k annually...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The first caller said the elderly took a hit in the budget.

I'm sick of this tear jerking shít. The elderly took fúckall of a hit. Yet again.

But people still lump them in to the poor, unemployed, vulnerable, sick, Marginalised category in order to garner sympathy for their plight.

Most of the elderly I know are well able to afford to live comfortably.

Those who can't had a lifetime to make provisions for their future.
    Ifs not like old age comes as a surprise to anyone.

If they took a hit in their pensions, then they might have something to moan and whinge about, and talk to Joe about their plight.

A reduction in the fuel allowance from 32 to 26 weeks is litte to be cribbing about in the scheme of things.

Jobs for the boys budget more like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What is Joes plan. Does he honestly think he is going to get this reversed ..ahem..paused...aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm a civil engineer... and a girl..."

"oh fair play, well done, good god, good on ya, fair play, aren't ya great, and ya did it all on your own, my god.... stunning, stunning, well done, well done...."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

FFS these insulation comapnies ringing in saying they employed people and now they'll probably let them go now the grant is reduced. Surely the employees deserve to be told the situation before it's aired to the nation!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No its her neighbours name Joe, god that man is infuriating.....

....... but yet I still listen :o

• Advertisement

sudzs wrote: »

"oh fair play, well done, good god, good on ya, fair play, aren't ya great, and ya did it all on your own, my god.... stunning, stunning, well done, well done...."

Yeah I wonder how she managed it between all that cooking and babies falling out of her whilst she was hanging out the washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It's only massive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

For some reason it reminds me of the "I'm 17!" comment from a caller ages ago. Think it might have been the hedgehogs.

I'm gonna go to that Sammy Sausages panto with a loaded gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Want to create jobs? Cut minimum wage.

I'm a civil engineer... and a girl..." "oh fair play, well done, good god, good on ya, fair play, aren't ya great, and ya did it all on your own, my god.... stunning, stunning, well done, well done...."

I agree with sudzs, this would have been difficult enough for her to achieve had she been a man.. The fact that she achieved it while also having the liability of being a woman is certainly to her credit.. :)

She'd want to have a word with their web designer though.. it's fkd up..

Maher Insulation Website
    maherinsulation.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lapin wrote: »
    I'm gonna go to that Sammy Sausages panto with a loaded gun.

Morto!

Waht's this dude on about...all I'm hearing is drugs, which I'm sure is right up Joe's alley...

Can someone please translate what this caller is saying ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

Want to create jobs? Cut minimum wage.

sure if we worked for nothing at all there'd be 0% unemployment,

problem solved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement