Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Extreme Joe Inhale!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

We must remember that this topic evokes feelings of anguish and loss. Joe is way out of his depth here. The people calling in are in fact as bad as those confined admitting that their confinement was a life saver to them. Joe is being drawn into an afea he knows f*** all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Wertz wrote: »
    Finally somebody speaking from a professional stand point rather than a mish mash of personal recollections of random mental health stories...
    Joe whips it up for a day or two before bringing on an expert or professional, did similar when discussing alsheimers 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sigh deeper Duffy...the people down the back couldn't hear you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ok lets bottom line this, at the end of the day what is this going to achieve, nothing. 5 days of talking on liveline will be the end of it. next week will be xmas week and it'll be all happy in the liveline world (until xmas eve when brendan o'carroll appears on the xmas eve show) and these people will be forgot about. now its 2.30 stay there back after these

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    time to toughen up you pussies

Can you clarify what you meant by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"In fairness" - today's phrase du Jo(e)ur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Conditions in the psychiatric hospitals have been terrible for years,Celtic Bubble time included.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wonder does she know Davy's son?

ok lets bottom line this, at the end of the day what is this going to achieve, nothing. 5 days of talking on liveline will be the end of it. next week will be xmas week and it'll be all happy in the liveline world (until xmas eve when brendan o'carroll appears on the xmas eve show) and these people will be forgot about. now its 2.30 stay there back after these

Can`t wait for the Funny Friday Christmas Show, *sigh* is there going to be one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

current Male caller ex-patient pretending to be ex-staff

verbal slip ups...

here's an idea, if joe is so concerned about these women why doesnt he bring them some xmas cheer and bring his eve show live from where they are or even better still hand over some money to help them, but we all know thats not going to happen cos its better to sound concerned then actually do something about it.

lol here's someone to throw the cat among the pigeons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

europa11 wrote: »
    "In fairness" - today's phrase du Jo(e)ur.

Not 'y'know'?

common sense now from ex Brendans staff member

signostic wrote: »
    Can`t wait for the Funny Friday Christmas Show, *sigh* is there going to be one?

sure is, although brendan o'carroll is scheduled to appear so dont expect a barrell of laugh's, thank god syl and uncle bob will be there to save the day

Why have they objected....FFS for the same reason you're objecting.

I remember a few years ago when there were plans to move the Central Mental Hospital in Dundrum to the proposed new prison in Thornton Hall. Anyway there were several calls to Joe from families who had relatives in Dundrum, complaining about the stigma attached to a facility being part of a prison complex and also the inconvenience of the travel. Anyway Joe let these people rabbit on and on and he was so sympathetic with lots of sighs etc.
    At the end he asked some of them what their family member was in Dundrum for and a few of them said murder!!:eek: The way they were going on previously you'd swear they were just harmless.

Anyway back to this topic. The current caller has it correct. This problem is not a new one so why is Joe going on about it now? St.Brendans is in his old pal Bertie's constituency and what did he do?

could we put Twink and Sammy Sausages in that lock down unit?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mary is talking so much sense I'm surprised Joe hasn't cut her off with a "bad line"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Aww, I feel so guilty.
    He mentions 3B and I instinctly think of Friends, "Go back to 3B, 3B!"

Sounds like that priest was in St.Pat's which is a private facility and a world away from St. Brendan's.
    Not cheap either.

Joe speaking ill of the unions... my how the worm has turned.

Sounds like that priest was in St.Pat's which is a private facility and a world away from St. Brendan's.
    Not cheap either.

I wonder what he was caught at?

here we go, another rambler

How many billions do we pour in to our Health Service every year? How much has that budget increased by in the last 10 years? By a massive amount anyway. My point is this; is money and resources the problem in our health service or is it the distribution of money and resources? If the budget was doubled there would be little improvement I'd bet. Just higher wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"How did she end up in the hospital?"

"Well... her.... docotor decided..."

Its not like they picked her randomly off the street.

Sums up the unions in this country in one sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was that a bad line or did he say something nasty?

• Advertisement

Paul is calling from under the bed sheets in secure room via smuggled phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement