Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I cant believe we spent the entire program on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

just when joe needed an excuse to take the last break, along came a muffly line :D

syklops wrote: »
    I cant believe we spent the entire program on this.

exactly and no doubt the rest of the week will be spent on it, and unfortunately for them, at the end of friday, they'll be forgotton about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

can you imagine that?

unstable person would be monitored ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

speaking just a bit too slowly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bord Failte Camp Site:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Locked up for shouting.

The place must be full of Liveline callers.

as I was saying to your researcher there.....BINGO

"its the 21st century and they have a locked ward and a padded cell"

Well, what is the alternative? Its a mental hospital.

he went to campsite, then he went to A+E and because he said he was staying in a tent, he got put into a locked ward, now maybe i'm wrong but i think thats not the whole story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Who cares what party she's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Make up your mind Mrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

How many billions do we pour in to our Health Service every year? How much has that budget increased by in the last 10 years? By a massive amount anyway. My point is this; is money and resources the problem in our health service or is it the distribution of money and resources? If the budget was doubled there would be little improvement I'd bet. Just higher wages.

Probably why it's called the Health Service Executive - it's full of high salary management pen pushers.

the only people that ramble and rant about the stigma of mental illness are the bores that dwell on it

get over yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

surferdudz wrote: »
    as I was saying to your researcher there.....BINGO

I was just thinking they all have great chats with the researchers there!

"Are you still in the Labour party"

"Er... errr....."

Could she not remember or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Mae Sexton is a political opportunist,formerly of the PD's and was in Fianna Faíl before that. She has nothing to add to ANY discussion.

Make up your mind Mrs

It was like askin' Gallagher was he ever in FF...

Wertz wrote: »
    It was like askin' Gallagher was he ever in FF...

eh...who??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She clearly does not believe in equality of the sexes
    a woman minister, 5 women..women, woman

Wonder if it had been five male patients, would we hear about this at all?

• Advertisement

surferdudz wrote: »
    eh...who??

Sean Gallagher. Presidential hopeful. Remember him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I don't see what being 'a woman' minister has got to do with anything.

Mae Sexton is a political opportunist,formerly of the PD's and was in Fianna Faíl before that. She has nothing to add to ANY discussion.

That explains her confusion as to her current affiliation...she probably had to look at her diary.

Lapin wrote: »
    I don't see what being 'a woman' minister has got to do with anything.

Because it is women patients, dont you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

my friend wrote: »
    what was her gear of choice?
    time to toughen up you pussies
    the only people that ramble and rant about the stigma of mental illness are the bores that dwell on it

get over yourselves

Assuming all mental illness is the result of weakness or drug abuse. Evidence enough of a stigma there.

Assuming all mental illness is the result of weakness or drug abuse. Evidence enough of a stigma there.

you generate your own demons

move on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

you generate your own demons

move on

I'd prefer not to see your contempt for the mentally ill go unchallenged. What's worse is you showed yourself too cowardly even to clarify what you were implying in your "pussies" post. And then you object to the very existence of a stigma your posts themselves are evidence of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus lads how many days has he been covering this topic ?

it cant be forever but it sure feels like it.

had to knock it off i was so turned off the subject.

jesus lads how many days has he been covering this topic ?

it cant be forever but it sure feels like it.

had to knock it off i was so turned off the subject.

Well it only became an issue at the end of Fridays programme so its not even 2 and a half days, but its awful dreary depressing stuff altogether.

To be honest, if it were not for this thread I would have given up by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Pull the other one would you - if RTE switched to somebody like Damo "the Plank" O'Reilly on a permanent basis the show would nosedive. Damo shouldn't be allowed near a serious programme of any sort, for God's sake he even managed to wreck "Farm Week" and metamorphose it into some sort of GAA gig now titled "Countrywide".

Yes, Joe Duffy has an agenda, unlike most in RTE whose only one appears to be filling their own pockets while lecturing the rest of us e.g. Mammy and Pat Kenny, the fact that he is well paid is irrelevant when it comes to judging the show's popularity and content. Joe Duffy has been an activist with an agenda since his student union days and the country would be better off with more like him. Why don't some of you ring in next week and tackle him head on about the show and its content? Be sure to give us advance warning! :D
    I can't believe this utter shyte. The problem with this country is that we have too many people like Joe Duffy. Overpaid mé feíners. Your comment about the shows ratings taking a nosedive if Joe left; has no basis in fact, whatsoever. Joe Duffy also isn't fit to lace Pat Kenny's shoes in brodacasting terms.Duffy is lazy and does zero research, Kenny is the opposite,like him or not.
    It's no wonder this country is so fcuked when there are so many people willing to kow tow and bend over to defend the likes of Joe Duffy. There are people out there who still defend Haughey. It's a peasant mentality, the idea that some people are the their betters and should be looked up to. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence or education owes those very priveleges that have been given to them to look at things with a more critical eye than you are in this post.
    The last thing this country needs is more people like Joe Duffy:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement