Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Is this her moaning about the rent?

She's after "The Fund"! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

FFS

this is insane, she's happy to trade from the premises but she wont pay the rent

the Landlords Solicitor will have a field day with this waste of a phonecall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

my friend wrote: »
    How is this a story worthy of The Liveline?

Because its a chance to let off steam and at the end of the day nothing will be done. Not the first time rent increases have been on Liveline and yet again they have nobody in there from the PRTB, the lanlords agency or any other side that might contribute to the discussion. Its another tut tut tut session over a cup of tea, something Liveline excels at I regret to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

you could ask the same question about 90% of this show lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

She should set up on Moore Street. No rents, no taxes, no duties....a trader's paradise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Havent tuned into joe for a couple of weeks...feels like i was never away..

www.moaningdubs.com

Ahhh de landlord is really a ordidninary decent skin...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

prtb dont get involved in commercial rents or leases plus the prtb are useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The squeeze on struggling businesses perhaps...

I have some sympathy but also a realistic view that there are boom time businesses out there who were only ever viable when we'd money falling out of our pockets and they can't accept that.

Has she said what the rent was before the review?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Her business plan was to compete with Harvey Norman, Land of leather, cost plus sofas, bargaintown, clerys, Reid furniture, etc etc etc.

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    She should set up on Moore Street. No rents, no taxes, no duties....a trader's paradise.

heh, imagine trying to leg it with a few beds and some kitchen whatnots when the revenue come calling...

You know you know

footfall is good and the carpark is always full??/ wtf are you smoking joe? loads of people in a carpark doesnt mean their all in this wans shop. theres a big dunnes there u twat

HEY Lady!

be grateful that your lease is up!

if you could not pay it then consider yourself lucky that you are out

if its a profitable location and your take is too high thats another story and requires adjustment and honesty on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Time for a Joe Auction to help pay her rent!

Her business plan was to compete with Harvey Norman, Land of leather, cost plus sofas, bargaintown, clerys, Reid furniture, etc etc etc.

She'd get some shock if she saw the rents those places are paying...except they're such big tenants they can negotiate rent and use their presence as a loss leader attractor for smaller surrounding units in retail parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Locked wards yesterday....locked shops today :eek:

maybe Joe can have a chat with Mike Murphy now that he's back in the fold...

http://www.independent.ie/business/mike-murphy-128145.html

then again the fact that Mike's back in RTE means that things aint too hot over at Harcourt !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just joined, is this rates again?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Is she really trying to use the national broadcaster to pressure her landlord to lower her rent?

Yeah sound skin is old Albert...shure I was only in for a cup of cha' with him this morning so I was...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ah everyones there. no they dont joe. a man living in donegal whos never been outside donegal wont know where she is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

syklops wrote: »
    Just joined, is this rates again?

rents and landlords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Really lousy timing from the Landlord... but a 5 page letter....WTF?

You gotta keep it brief!! No way was that letter read..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

*snigger* :pac:

JOE!

turn your mic off!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

howya marion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Surely if she can't pay her rent in Donaghmede, she shouldn't be opening another place in Artane? Or am I missing something?

That's twice today...someone in the switchroom must have been at their xmas party last night. Wakey wakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

maybe Joe can have a chat with Mike Murphy now that he's back in the fold...

http://www.independent.ie/business/mike-murphy-128145.html

then again the fact that Mike's back in RTE means that things aint too hot over at Harcourt !

I was going to post more or less the same thing. Handy for Mike to have the safety net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe:"Right we have Ben on line one, go ahead Ben"
    Ben:"Joe I have the lowest prices, guaranteed irish"
    Joe"Is that Ben Dunne? Ive told you before, Ben you have to be from Ballyfermot to get free advertising on Lahv-lahn"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement