Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joes under pressure, Mike Murphy just kicked the door of joes studio open

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rosiestar

This is nigh-on unlistenable.

I have no time for the mentally ill. It's just such a dodgy, wishy-washy thing. It's like the fella claiming he has back pain to claim disability. How do we prove one way or the other if it's just not completely fake?

what an absolutely unbelievable statement! I can't believe I just read that. I just hope you never (or any member of your family) have to suffer any aspect of mental illness, you will soon change your attitude!

What age are you? 14? Grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

my friend wrote: »
    LMAO

SNAP

Nah I just embedded your link. badly formatted HTML makes baby jesus cry.

Sod off goat. Anois.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wish someone would send a gun and shoot that F**king camel and goat.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

George the Butcher on Mooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

george murphy performing in mary aikenhead. say shed have an ache in her head after that alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Schizophrenia and manic depression are proven disorders.

Maybe i phrased it wrong. I believe that there is a huge over diagnosis of both of those conditions in this country. The vast majority of these people are just attention seekers and nothing gets more attention in our society than "the scourge of depression".

this lad didnt sound too enthusiastic when joe told him hed a great shop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

LOL! Is he taking the call?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Gorgeous new cake shop opened in Donaghmede shopping centre. Mmm, cake.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is there any shop in Donaghmede that isn't "FANTASTIC" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Zwillinge wrote: »
    As todays show goes on... Why did they slip Gays cake into it? :confused::confused:

To stop some of the callers form going over the edge.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Zwillinge wrote: »
    As todays show goes on... Why did they slip Gays cake into it? :confused::confused:

Who knows you can be sure Joe and the researchers dont, someone probably pressed the wrong button

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rosiestar

I really don't think people with specific problems should be making sweeping statements about medication. Someone with schizophrenia can not get by without medication and that is fact.

Never a truer word spoken. Fact.

Funny I picked up brocolli and cabbage for 27 cent in Aldi the other day...

I only tuned in at the start of that gaybo cake thing and I thought there was a problem with tunein radio streaming :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is Xanax really banned in the UK?? I'd be surprised if it was.

There's nothing wrong with taking medication if it makes a person feel better. Joe shouldn't let people get away with making sweeping and untrue statements, especially when it comes to mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

This recession thing, just a blip, be grand lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Maybe i phrased it wrong. I believe that there is a huge over diagnosis of both of those conditions in this country. The vast majority of these people are just attention seekers and nothing gets more attention in our society than "the scourge of depression".

You do realise that they are not diagnosed willy nilly? That there are check lists?

Do you think that someone who has attempted suicide is an attention seeker? Maybe I don't want you to answer that cos my blood is starting to boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

neris wrote: »
    this lad didnt sound too enthusiastic when joe told him hed a great shop

well seen as his takings is down 40%, even he could'nt take joe's praise of his shop serious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

pc7 wrote: »
    I wish someone would send a gun and shoot that F**king camel and goat.:mad:

You missed my take on the ad..

Wertz wrote: »
    Funny I picked up brocolli and cabbage for 27 cent in Aldi the other day...

Exactly. Bunch of fools in unsustainable boom-time businesses getting their arses handed to them by the superior competition and whinging about the evil landlords.

If this is who I think it is, their shop was burgled twice last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Swarm of criminals heading to the centre:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Wertz wrote: »
    If this is who I think it is, their shop was burgled twice last weekend.

He just said it now

whats this lad selling? Booze? Cigs? Electrics?

This korky fellas always on whinging about rent and landlords

Exactly. Bunch of fools in unsustainable boom-time businesses getting their arses handed to them by the superior competition and whinging about the evil landlords.

To be fair, aldi sell them as loss leaders and aldi operate from standalone premises. Veg like that shouldn;t be that cheap...but it also shouldn't be going at 1.50+ a head.
    But how do you turn a decent profit to pay high rents on such small margins on fruit and veg? There has to be a balance.

You do realise that they are not diagnosed willy nilly? That there are check lists?

Do you think that someone who has attempted suicide is an attention seeker? Maybe I don't want you to answer that cos my blood is starting to boil.

You're sort of proving my point. If someone so much as questions the "depression epidemic" they get treated like a pariah.

We need to be more honest about it really, rather than speaking in hushed tones and "ah, sure the poor lad is not well"-ing every time someone even suggests they might be a bit depressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Unfortunately an awful lot of GPs prescribe anti depressents when in actual fact they are not really in a position of expertise to know when and where these drus are necessary. The likes of Proxac are hugely over prescribed and in a lot of cases they make little or no difference.... maybe because there is no need for them in the first place :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement