Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

funny friday tomorrow? :)

No they are saving for a bumper one christmas eve, that brendan o'carroll fella off the bbc will be there lol funny friday me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

syklops wrote: »
    You think cutting social welfare and a 'small' increase in income tax wouldn't give people a chance to make an issue out of it? If they had done that then we would be onto week two of the budget moaning with everyone bearing the brunt. Both people in employment and not.

This tax is paid by home owners. Be out of work, or be struggling to pay bills and I will feel sorry for you, but I wont feel sorry for the security you have of having your own roof above your head, and for that you now have to pay a small premium.

Of course they could make an issue out of it...but probably find it a lot harder to avoid it, less handout, more PAYE grab. Self declaration and high fines and threat of court is giving people soemthing to rail against.

"Owning" a home (that you're likely paying large mortgage on) may not provide you the security that you'd think it does... for many it may in fact be a liability and having to cough up another few quid a week might make it more so.

I agree with a property tax in essence (although those paying stupidly high stamp duty in recent years should be somewhat exempt) and a water charge for that matter , but it should be a progressive system and other taxes that currently pay for the water provision should fall in line with the new tax...but we all know that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

kitsy13 wrote: »
    Brek as a premier league footballer wtf..

500x_wayne-rooney_1124077c.jpg

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"Urban markets" aren't a new thing, we used to call them carboot sales, sales-of-work or bric-a-brac sales before they started selling organic, environmentally-friendly, locally produced, loe GI cheeses to arseholes for 20 quid a pop .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Joe should mention that this guy is the Green Party new spokesman on Food.

Its his brother Seamus thats the GP guy. The company was set up by the two of them, that was Kevin on the radio earlier. Good cheeses, something thats bizarrely lacking here with all the cattle we have.

"Urban markets" aren't a new thing, we used to call them carboot sales, sales-of-work or bric-a-brac sales before they started selling organic, environmentally-friendly, locally produced, loe GI cheeses to arseholes for 20 quid a pop .

We used to call them markets or fairs, each town had it once a week, they sadly went by the wayside from the 70's onwards whilst France, Italy etc kept them on. Good to see them make a revival, and no its not just...
    organic, environmentally-friendly, locally produced, loe GI cheeses to arseholes for 20 quid a pop

You can set up whatever stall you want, buy off a wholesaler and flog it on, it doesn't matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Jaymac1

This is a petty point. but how does a Kerryman wind up with that accent :confused:

He is originally from Cabinteely in Dublin 18 and the family moved down about 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Any chance of a Christopher Hitchens Liveline today? Liz Taylor got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,664 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

pc7 wrote: »
    No they are saving for a bumper one christmas eve, that brendan o'carroll fella off the bbc will be there lol funny friday me hole.

Funny Saturday? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Funny Saturday? :eek:
    Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Any chance of a Christopher Hitchens Liveline today? Liz Taylor got one.

I dont know if your average Liveline caller knew who he was.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I dont know if your average Liveline caller knew who he was.

Or Joe, for that matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I reckon Joe knows perfectly well who he is, but it wouldn't do his image of the "common man" much good if he was speaking on someone whose train of thinking is above most of us. Joe likes to play the confused man of the people card a lot, he went to Trinity, he is actually very well read when he bothers his arse to read up on a topic.

bijapos wrote: »
    I reckon Joe knows perfectly well who he is, but it wouldn't do his image of the "common man" much good if he was speaking on someone whose train of thinking is above most of us. Joe likes to play the confused man of the people card a lot, he went to Trinity, he is actually very well read when he bothers his arse to read up on a topic.

Ah yeah, agreed, twas only a little joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bijapos wrote: »
    It would go against his very religious profile too.

A mix of property/household tax and Mrs Quinn and her wayward peann luaidhe today?

Or more grange gorman woe and misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

It would go against his very religious profile too.

Agreed. The auld Catholic ones, who make up a fair chunk of his listenership, liked Liz Taylor because she was from their generation.

Doubt many listeners had an affinity with a baby boomer atheist like Hitchens.

Festive hilarity and japes in the Dáil chambers... laugh it up lads and lassies.
    This lot are starting to piss me off as much as the bunch we had last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i hope its funny friday!!!

oh god joe sounds depressed, it wont be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Ah ffs!!!

RIP that poor lady

edit: that ffs is for that poor woman and our sh1tty health service, not the topic

Masochist :eek: Just like Joe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

oh god joe sounds depressed, it wont be good

you said it,suicide the first topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was that on the Malahide line yesterday?

Look after your mental health. Don't listen to Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's a mental health theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh for FKKKKK sake.. enough with the misery RTE... :mad::mad::mad:

That ad should say .. "Protect your mental health. TURN OFF THE FKN RADIO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Masochist :eek: Just like Joe :D

ha i bet you'd take funny friday now over this.

Neither, switching to the film show on BBC 5 in ten.

She took her life yesterday afternoon?

This is too early to be on the radio. He must still be in shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Should this man be on the air making allegations so soon after his Mother committed Suicide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I'd take Christopher Hitchens funeral mass over this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement