Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wow he's amazingly together for someone who's just suffered that shock...probably still numb. Horrible thing to happen at any time of year, but especially now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i hope the women in the wards ar'nt listening to this.

Skid wrote: »
    Should this man be on the air making allegations so soon after his Mother committed Suicide?

I can't think of a better time tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Wertz wrote: »
    I can't think of a better time tbh.

He has defamed the Doctors who treated her, anyone else would have been take off air having made those allegations.

He has defamed the Doctors who treated her, anyone else would have been take off air having made those allegations.

Has he? He's questioned their decisions on not admitting her or treating her nor of listening to the family's input and he hasn't specifically named any one of them. Sounds to me like he's blaming the system rather than any individual... and the proff of the pudding is two cops calling to his door with news like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

More describing how the HSE operates - or does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i feel for your man but can he really blame others for this,plus as he as just said even he wasnt their for her,over in america most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah I could hear Joe grimace.... distinguishable from his sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very unlucky family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Has he? He's questioned their decisions on not admitting her or treating her nor of listening to the family's input and he hasn't specifically named any one of them.

I'm not going to repeat what he said, but he made allegations concerning the Doctors who treated her.

• Advertisement

you can add the guards to that as well Skid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wow. It just shows how grief is different for everyone. When my brother killed himself (or should I say "died by suicide", seems to be the "in" term) I couldn't eat or sleep or anything for a good week after, not a mind talk about it.

I was listening myself...that's not how I took it up...he mentioned the hospital, I didn't hear any specific doctor named.

you can add the guards to that as well Skid..

Are we listening to the same show? How did he defame the gardaí??

Even worse, the boys in the ambulance were listening to Liveline.. :(

Even worse, the boys in the ambulance were listening to Liveline.. :(

Stop repeating this. Do you want him to get into legal trouble, or something?

A day after his mother died, and he won't be thinking that straight.

Stop repeating this. Do you want him to get into legal trouble, or something?

A day after his mother died, and he won't be thinking that straight.

no offence to the chap, but if thats the case, talking on national radio is not what he should be doing.

no offence to the chap, but if thats the case, talking on national radio is not what he should be doing.

Blame Joe's team then, not himself.

Blame Joe's team then, not himself.

i'm pretty sure they didnt force him to go on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The guy's mother has just died..he is entitled to feel angry however misguided it may be. If anyone is at fault its Liveline for allowing him on to talk about this so soon after the event.

• Advertisement

He sounds perfectly straight thinking to me.
    He and the other caller sound like they've been expecting this, hence why they were dmeanding help, which didn;t come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I know a ex train driver that had 2 separate incidents with people killing themselves. Nerves are so shot they give you an option to get paided off or to move jobs if it happens a second time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I'd take Christopher Hitchens funeral mass over this.

do you think he'll have one?

it would be a gas last request by him!

He sounds perfectly straight thinking to me.
    He and the other caller sound like they've been expecting this, hence why they were dmeanding help, which didn;t come...

Agree, say thats why they are so calm, they have mentally prepared for this a long time.

Breaking News: Oil Tanker in trouble in Belfast..

Oil tanker in difficulty off Ireland
    (Reuters) - A tanker carrying more than 54,000 tonnes of vacuum gas oil is to dock in Belfast as precaution after developing a crack in its deck, the Irish coastguard said on Friday.

The Genmar Companion was en route from Rotterdam to New York when the captain requested assistance this morning due to the longitudinal crack in its deck.

The 228-metre tanker is 40 miles off the coast of Northern Ireland and is en route to Belfast, the coastguard said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe;"You said you made it clear to the HSE that she needed help".

Thats half the problem. The HSE is a headless, faceless organisation. There is no one person leading any aspect of it. Saying you made something clear to the HSE is like writing to "letters@finegael.ie@ and thinking the Taoiseach is aware of your problem.

At least with Fine Gael you can get face to face meetings with some of its people. The HSE is like a black hole.

Wow. It just shows how grief is different for everyone. When my brother killed himself (or should I say "died by suicide", seems to be the "in" term) I couldn't eat or sleep or anything for a good week after, not a mind talk about it.

sorry for your loss.

Did you miss the News at One? Was already reported an hour ago.

gas crack ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"How is your dad today?"

How the fup do you think he is Joe? Having a party? Seriously?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement