Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Callers to liveline who work for rte ringing liveline is like incest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So listening in for a minute according to the panel nothings wrong, the country is flying and everything is great.

The bubble surrounding rte is still in tact and this shower of spoofers is proof of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

syklops wrote: »
    Welcome to modern Ireland Sudzs. Do you remember the posh woman who said she was forced to shop in Lidl now and couldnt buy her 6 euro tin of soup in Souperquinn any more.

An RTE cameraman rings Liveline to say how great RTE is. I have heard it all now.

You couldn't make it up. It's phucking pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Diageo are organising a truck to bring this out to Joe's house:
    Guinness_Truck-topshot.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

HRM the Queen and President Macaleese the two most powerful women in Europe.

/me bursts into tears.

• Advertisement

The 2 strongest women in europe? im sure angela might object to that

neris wrote: »
    The 2 strongest women in europe? im sure angela might object to that

I think Dame Margaret Thatcher would dispute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

is he back on the disability ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Welcome to modern Ireland Sudzs. Do you remember the posh woman who said she was forced to shop in Lidl now and couldnt buy her 6 euro tin of soup in Souperquinn any more.

An RTE cameraman rings Liveline to say how great RTE is. I have heard it all now.

I remember battling for the parking space with that "posh woman"! ;)

Occupy dsme st as a high? A bunch of crusty spongers kipping in front of a bank

• Advertisement

Oh FO Joe :mad:

Louis walsh on mooney hope they have a piano the show can be 2 puffs and a piano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

good man, dead right.

Yer man on now is right. We are failed state,better someone else runs the country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The Dubs in the top 2 shows nicely where his listenership is based, Ballyer, Moore St and every Taxi driver sitting on their arses somewhere.

Saying this as a born Dub and I was at the match roaring my head off as well.

Nice to see Joe mixing the Bundestag up with the Troika. Just get a quick dig in at them Joe, you tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can someone please tell him how to pronounce Bundestag :mad:

The Troika a high point.

BTW its pronounced troy-ka not try-ka.

Welcome to Sad-lonely-stupid-old-man FM.

Considering most people dont even know what the Troika actually is, its amazing(or not) that it is the lowest low.

Turn off now.

oh jesus, I just feel so miserable now I'm going to stay tuned t Mooony........:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

So the lowest point was the arrival of the people who saved us from our self-imposed financial disaster?

No wonder we needed them, we are a nation of fools who don't know what's good for us. Let's just get Fianna Fail back in power and have done with it. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Flynn saying he will go for the Mayor job, He'll burn down the Mansion house before he leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can someone please tell him how to pronounce Bundestag :mad:
    The Troika a high point.

BTW its pronounced troy-ka not try-ka.

Welcome to Sad-lonely-stupid-old-man FM.

Considering most people dont even know what the Troika actually is, its amazing(or not) that it is the lowest low.

Turn off now.

He knows well how to pronounce both of them, he went to Trinity, he is well educated and smart. Its part of an act to make himself look like the lickle [sic] people that listen to him fanatically, makes him an ordinary Joe and almost impossible to critiscise in this country.
    Yer man on now is right. We are failed state,better someone else runs the country

No. Germans, French and others have made som appaling decisions over the years, some of their banks have gone bust and some other countries are also on the wire.

As a nation we should try to learn from this, we have enough intelligent people here and plenty of succesful businesses. We can overcome this problem I am sure of it and we should try to use it to become stronger and not just use it to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

bijapos wrote: »
    He knows well how to pronounce both of them, he went to Trinity, he is well educated and smart. Its part of an act to make himself look like the lickle [sic] people that listen to him fanatically, makes him an ordinary Joe and almost impossible to critiscise in this country.

No. Germans, French and others have made som appaling decisions over the years, some of their banks have gone bust and some other countries are also on the wire.

As a nation we should try to learn from this, we have enough intelligent people here and plenty of succesful businesses. We can overcome this problem I am sure of it and we should try to use it to become stronger and not just use it to give up.

A noble concept but you first have to face reality and accept responsibility to move forward unfortunately this country is still in denial that it did anything wrong. Just listening to this show proves that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Only heard scraps of the show, was driving around the place... Missed the final lists, how high/low were the Dublin centric stuff? I saw the Queen was #1 high and Troika #1 low (from Joe's twitter feed), totally agree with the Queen. Why was the Dubs winning all-Ireland in the list though? A county will win it every year... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dulpit wrote: »
    I saw the Queen was #1 high and Troika #1 low (from Joe's twitter feed)

I think the term Troika is too vague.... And to think that the Dublin team winning the All Ireland was the top two moment for the WHOLE country is just not realistic.. It was certainly number € ca-ching € moment for the GAA though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Well Germany was basically a flattened ruin in 1945 and they're now probably the strongest and most stable economy in Europe and have been that way for a good few years.
    If you look back, this country has had a history of high emigration in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's as well as what's happening right now.
    We had a good run in the 90's but of course that was all built on sand.
    We've made a society where nobody in power is accountable for their actions but you'll be sent to jail for not allowing the esb to pull down some trees and build some pylons on your land.
    The amount of corruption in church and officialdom is still being exposed on an almost daily basis.
    TBH I don't think we're able to run a country on our own, we had a go and we made a balls of it. :(

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

furiousox wrote: »
    We had a good run in the 90's but of course that was all built on sand.(

I dont think that's fully fair.. There was a genuine economic boom... companies wanted to come here cos of low energy costs, low labour costs, good work force, low Corporation Tax etc etc... but most experts agree that this genuine boom started to decline in 2000/2001 and was replaced by the "construction boom".. And that stage the Exchequer became hugely dependent on construction related taxes, reduced other elements of the tax base, and increased spending in all areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's weird that the Queen's visit to Dublin is going to go down in history as a wonderful occasion of which everyone was proud. I remember empty streets, thousands go cops everywhere, nobody in town (except a few protesters) and most people ignoring it.

The contrast with Obama's visit the following week must be obvious to these people, but nevertheless, they are portraying it- successfully- as a hugely popular event.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Which moron decided that the Dubs winning the All Ireland should be part of the Top Ten high points of the year?? Dublin Community Radio is alive and kicking as long as Joe is in the chair. If they were including Dublin's All Ireland football success then it's only fair that Kilkenny's hurling success should also be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It's weird that the Queen's visit to Dublin is going to go down in history as a wonderful occasion of which everyone was proud. I remember empty streets, thousands go cops everywhere, nobody in town (except a few protesters) and most people ignoring it.

The contrast with Obama's visit the following week must be obvious to these people, but nevertheless, they are portraying it- successfully- as a hugely popular event.

Or even her visit to Cork, where she actually got to meet people, instead of being stuck with that gimbering, stilted fool Tubridy, in Smithfield.

As much of a routine as it is for her, after eight decades, I bet she enjoyed the English market, and the levity of it all far more than watching Phil the Greek not drinking a pint.

• Advertisement

As a nation we have proven unable or actually unwilling to learn from our mistakes.This country is in complete denial that it did anything wrong and your post is an example of this.
    People in this country,throughout my living memory and before that too, have willingly and knowingly voted for corrupt politicians, and will do so again.
    This economic crisis isn't new,it is probably worse that all the previous ones but it is not new and I see no evidence that we learnt anything from the previous crises.
    So I don't really know what your talking about apart from engaging in a bit of positive thinking.
    Joe Duffy and his ilk don't have to emigrate and neither will his kids as they will end up working in RTE probably. That's how this country works.It's corrupt,not in your face corruption like say Libya or some other countries. Our corruption is a creeeping,sneaky corruption that gives the impression that we have a meritocracy in this country and in a way that kind of corruption is more difficult to stamp out as so many are vested in keeping it going.
    The Irish people don't seem to have ANY appetite for real change.As long as that remains the case then we will be a failed state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement