Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

As a nation we have proven unable or actually unwilling to learn from our mistakes.This country is in complete denial that it did anything wrong and your post is an example of this.
    People in this country,throughout my living memory and before that too, have willingly and knowingly voted for corrupt politicians, and will do so again.
    This economic crisis isn't new,it is probably worse that all the previous ones but it is not new and I see no evidence that we learnt anything from the previous crises.
    So I don't really know what your talking about apart from engaging in a bit of positive thinking.
    Joe Duffy and his ilk don't have to emigrate and neither will his kids as they will end up working in RTE probably. That's how this country works.It's corrupt,not in your face corruption like say Libya or some other countries. Our corruption is a creeeping,sneaky corruption that gives the impression that we have a meritocracy in this country and in a way that kind of corruption is more difficult to stamp out as so many are vested in keeping it going.
    The Irish people don't seem to have ANY appetite for real change.As long as that remains the case then we will be a failed state.

Nail hit firmly on head there, mate. A stinking little cute hoor existence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

As a nation we have proven unable or actually unwilling to learn from our mistakes..........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlnsQF42EG88P3oJY8NfQYRGVrJrdbRm816ZvKyPusa3XiX5crYAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDzucFdpkJvVDYI1c5UfCITHSmeVYioV5X92DSjismUfEQY3XsJQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

As a nation we have proven unable or actually unwilling to learn from our mistakes.This country is in complete denial that it did anything wrong and your post is an example of this.

With all due respect I'm not in denial, and I don't believe that we should be run by another country. I was abroad from 89 to 06, I saw the mistakes that were being made here, was laughed at when I pointed them out, was laughed at when I didn't buy a house here when I came back in 06 (I had seen the collapse in 90 in the UK) so no, I'm not in denial thamks.

People in this country,throughout my living memory and before that too, have willingly and knowingly voted for corrupt politicians, and will do so again.
    This economic crisis isn't new,it is probably worse that all the previous ones but it is not new and I see no evidence that we learnt anything from the previous crises.
    So I don't really know what your talking about apart from engaging in a bit of positive thinking.
    Joe Duffy and his ilk don't have to emigrate and neither will his kids as they will end up working in RTE probably. That's how this country works.It's corrupt,not in your face corruption like say Libya or some other countries. Our corruption is a creeeping,sneaky corruption that gives the impression that we have a meritocracy in this country and in a way that kind of corruption is more difficult to stamp out as so many are vested in keeping it going.
    The Irish people don't seem to have ANY appetite for real change.As long as that remains the case then we will be a failed state.

I agree with the above, but in this way we aren't much different to other countries. I've lived in both France and Germany, corruption exists there too, in Germany to a lesser degree but there is corruption and undue influence nevertheless. I've worked in Italy a lot, one of the most visiously corrupt countries I've been in but it still doesn't mean that I am giving up on Ireland or that I believe we should loose our independence and become a province of some other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Anyway, on todays show Duffy is taking calls from Irish abroad as well as getting ready for his "marathon broadcast" (his words) from Grafton St tomorrow. Someone should tell Joe that working an extra 45 mins in a day does not constitute a marathon.

Either way, the next couple of days look like being crap so I'm signing out here till January. Hope ye all have a great Christmas, best of luck in 2012 and thanks for all the laughs this year.

I haven't tuned in all week and won't be listening to todays show or the Dubfest tomorrow either.

So from me, to the regulars on this thread and the crew of Lahvline. Happy Christmas to you all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gotta love RTÉ's yearly obsession with emigrants. I know there's been a big jump in recent years and we've always had a tradition for it as a country, but they seem to delight in it. I'm sure that's to do with the fact that they're mostly fascinated with the concept of having to leave the country for a wage.
    It's on six news every evening...cameras at the airport, and there again for the tearful goodbyes... I know they provide a service for those who are affected but I can't help but think they revel in the fact that it's a time filler for them at this time of year.

Well done well done, fairplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Caller: "Joe, I made a slice of toast this morning... "

Joe: "brilliant ... well done, well done"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Just tuned in. What's going on, yer wan sounds stoned? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well done ! Well done well done well done well done well done

Fair Play

Feck off

You must be tired - so would you if you were up at 3 o bleedin clock

Piss off back to bed Janet will ya

• Advertisement

Why do I feel like we're eavesdropping on a private conversation...

Cheekie Charly is back in town

"I miss the dark evenings"..

ah ffs.. that's pushing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

telekon wrote: »
    Just tuned in. What's going on, yer wan sounds stoned? :confused:

Lack of sleep and depressed I say. Doesn't help that they prob cold called her at 2.30am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Todays show is terrible. A bunch of "woe is me, shure the only job I could find is a day and a half of a plane journey away in a country with 300+ days of sunshine" whingers.

My own brother has been in Australia for the past decade but he doesn't pretended he was "forced" to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Did that girl in New Zealand just say, 'I trained as an arsehole' ?

"I miss the dark evenings"..

ah ffs.. that's pushing it..

Sure don't they get them in june?

These people should be on skype, not the public airwaves...

This is terrible radio. Which reminds me, I must ring my granny later on for inane chat...

Is the mother listening? She asked the same questions about the earthquake as Duffy asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

This is terrible radio. Which reminds me, I must ring my granny later on for inane chat...

It's beyond shocking! I want me money back!:confused:

• Advertisement

She called Joe a Dick - on the national airwaves - cool

Or Tina Leonard. ;)

Will you be streaming it anywhere online ? :D

Lapin wrote: »
    Or Tina Leonard. ;)

LOL! :D

You're a bould one Lapin...

www.rte.ie :rolleyes:

Training teachers and nurses to ship them off to the colonies. Your tax euros at work...

http://www.worldsmostboringwebsite.com/

Joe is trying to build a family forced to emirgrate due to the recession sob story but most of the family travelled abroad before the recession!

"I've often cried with your programmes" FFS

• Advertisement

Skype gives her husband a good cover as to where the 10GB monthly bandwidth allowance is going all the same..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement