Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

telekon wrote: »
    I was gobsmacked when I saw this...6 days later only! :eek:

article-1369307-0B4B564300000578-813_634x950.jpg

Reverse those pictures and you'll have the Irish version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Christ I hope there's something good on the other half of that list..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

if 'Who's Eddie' aren't playing tomorrow, i'm not interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I couldn't face this rubbish the last few days, I'm catching up on my Danny Baker Show Podcasts instead.

Just popped in to wish you all a Happy Christmas and an excellent 2012, and remind you of one of the calls that makes it all worthwhile ..

Father O'Malley, the madigan twins, Uncle Peter, .......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

Joe: "Let me go to Lebanon"

WHAT DO YOU WANT PACKED?!

radio_power_2003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh lordy, how does Joe go from correctly calling the place Lebanon, to reverting to "The Leb"?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hey just want to wish everyone looking in at the Liveline Thread A Happy Christmas and a Great New Year.

You know where ye are....... All around the country perhaps all around the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Did Duffy just say your man was stationed in Sweden?

• Advertisement

poor Stan won't have a Barracks to come home to.

KosovO. .... It rhymes with Joe, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Indeed, happy Christmas folks... Your sarcasm and general cynicism keeps the world turning. And I didn't bother my hole tuning in, couldn't bear to hear people who are in far flung places ring in...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dulpit wrote: »
    Indeed, happy Christmas folks... Your sarcasm and general cynicism keeps the world turning. And I didn't bother my hole tuning in, couldn't bear to hear people who are in far flung places ring in...

True in fairness the weather isn't that bad over here

the black sheep of the family.

Round the world to all the ex RTE interns, ex members of RTE staff, and relations of present RTE staff..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Happy wishes to ye all, thanks for all the laughs during the year, here's to many more next year!

And a special mention to one we lost recently.....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MACROBOY!,

.............if you're reading! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

bijapos wrote: »
    With all due respect I'm not in denial, and I don't believe that we should be run by another country. I was abroad from 89 to 06, I saw the mistakes that were being made here, was laughed at when I pointed them out, was laughed at when I didn't buy a house here when I came back in 06 (I had seen the collapse in 90 in the UK) so no, I'm not in denial thamks.

I agree with the above, but in this way we aren't much different to other countries. I've lived in both France and Germany, corruption exists there too, in Germany to a lesser degree but there is corruption and undue influence nevertheless. I've worked in Italy a lot, one of the most visiously corrupt countries I've been in but it still doesn't mean that I am giving up on Ireland or that I believe we should loose our independence and become a province of some other country.

Fair enough bijapos,points taken. I lived in Germany for a good few years myself in the 90's so we have a bit in common. I didn't buy a house either etc.
    Where we differ is on the future prospects for our country. I am pointing out that history tells us we will not make Ireland a better place in my lifetime anyway; and with that in mind I will be leaving again next year.
    You can fix it.:D

Apart from all of that, Seasons greetings to all the folks that contribute here, some very funny and interesting people. I enjoy the thread and it's bizarre that I got in on it and now I'm hooked.
    I hope you all have a great 2011 wherever you happen to be.
    :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I hope you all have a great 2011 wherever you happen to be.
    :):)

Yeah happy next eight days everyone! :pac:

It's pretty empty coming from the like of me but I hope everyone on here and even Mr Duffy himself have a good christmas and that things go well into 2012 and beyond.

*puts Scrooge hat back on*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Wertz wrote: »
    Yeah happy next eight days everyone! :pac:

It's pretty empty coming from the like of me but I hope everyone on here and even Mr Duffy himself have a good christmas and that things go well into 2012 and beyond.

*puts Scrooge hat back on*

Joe will have a great Christmas. Just like every other year. No worries there.
    Not sure how long he's taking off. I reckon it will be a lot more than 8 days:rolleyes:
    See ya folks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Missed todays programe, See you all in the new year.Be good happy and safe and if you have any problems just phone joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Anyone would think there was no Liveline Special on Christmas Eve this year.

Dont forget people.. Duffy's contract is up for renewal next year, so he may well be able to empathize properly with the unemployed in 2012...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,987 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So how long is mr duffy on air for tomorrow morning 9am till when ?

Edit: sure it can't be more than two hours as Marzie will be on for two of her four hours for the week.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So how long is mr duffy on air for tomorrow morning 9am till when ?

9 til 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well you certainly came to the right thread shazzo99.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I thought the highlight of the Liveline year was that weird guy who gave money to some dating agency and was looking for "members of the female species". Absolute classic. :D

Happy Christmas everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Good morning, Joe is on now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ah love this show, the fun and games is great craic :D, oh hold on, forget that, brendan o'carroll is on now :mad:

• Advertisement

Thought it was too early for a double brandy, I've changed my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement