Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

book envy for Joe... 'out of print'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dvcireland wrote: »
    The Winter of 1940 captured in DVD:

black_narcissus_uk_dvd_new.jpg

Filmed in a Nunnery with a lake near Monaghan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The book is out of print.

Lets hope nobody phones in from a hospice tomorrow looking for a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

my friend wrote: »
    book envy for Joe... 'out of print'

No no, was out of print... miraculously back in print from next week on...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

As long as we dont recount Artane again and the day someone left it, I think that would clear me of my live lahnnnn addiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

btw, Mooney is back from his break. :D

gaypride-parade97_tk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That McHugh fella is on today with Mooney. He doesn't like it when people criticise the programme on Boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lahvline wouldn't be the same without a yank on it, would it?

Sure Joe has a yank on it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Filmed in a Nunnery with a lake near Monaghan
    A group of Anglican nuns travels to a remote location in the Himalayas (the Palace of Mopu, near Darjeeling) to set up a school and hospital and 'tame' the local people and environment, by conversion and gardening, only to find themselves increasingly seduced by the sensuality of their surroundings in a converted seraglio, and by the local British agent Dean (David Farrar).

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

syklops wrote: »
    Sure Joe has a yank on it every day.

Or a yank during it maybe;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

this show reminded me of only fools and horses every story getting better 7ft of snow- 12ft of snow, birds frozen in hedges, horse and trailer traveling on the ice, as uncle albert said "one night it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze"

dvcireland wrote: »
    A group of Anglican nuns travels to a remote location in the Himalayas (the Palace of Mopu, near Darjeeling) to set up a school and hospital and 'tame' the local people and environment, by conversion and gardening, only to find themselves increasingly seduced by the sensuality of their surroundings in a converted seraglio, and by the local British agent Dean (David Farrar).

Couldn't be that good, it's rated PG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Has Derek had his phone violated or wha' ?!

He's sounding a little obsessed about the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Couldn't be that good, it's rated PG :D
    Banned scenes
    The version of the film originally shown in the United States had scenes depicting flashbacks of Sister Clodagh's life before becoming a nun edited out at the behest of the Catholic Legion of Decency.[5][4]

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

That McHugh fella is on today with Mooney. He doesn't like it when people criticise the programme on Boards :D

Who?

[edit] Oh wait, the fella flutterinbantam called a skanger?

lol

The very man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think the point of the Romanian calls which wasn't made clear to us yesterday is that most of the adoptions of the Romanian children happened in and around 1991 when the adoption crisis was hitting its peak(and RTE heard about it). As a result of that, a large number of Irish chose to adopt then, and what it means is that there is a large number of adopted romanian children about to hit their 21st birthdays here in Ireland.

I think thats the modern day angle, and so would be news worthy of a current affairs call in show, if the reason why was made clear to the listeners.

syklops wrote: »
    I think thats the modern day angle, and so would be news worthy of a current affairs call in show, if the reason why was made clear to the listeners.

I'm not sure if it really is worthy of a current affairs call-in show though. It's worthy for Pat Kenny to do a 20 minute feature about it on his radio show, or for it to be one of the subjects for the Documentary on One, or even a TV documentary but I think it's completely out of place on a live phone-in programme. I highly doubt that any of these children (now adults) picked up the phone and rang up Livelive to talk about it; I can only assume this is another one of Joe's pet projects, similar to many of his recent "topics" on the show, including that ridiculous amount of time he spent talking to people who'd once spent five minutes in North Korea.

I always thought the content of Liveline was dictated by the callers to the researchers on the day of the broadcast, but this clearly isn't the case. It seems to me that the researchers spend most of their time ringing up people asking them to be on the show in order to indulge another one of Joe's solo runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

wonder what topics will be on joeys i mean the listeners agenda today. hopefully some adopted romanian girl who became a nun, then got lost in the big snow of 47 while trying to blast some pheasants from the sky only to turn up last sunday with a wonderfully warming, charming, great buke claiming to be 21 and giving out about packie bonner and dave o'leary might ring in...... now that could be interesting radio :D

Spot of Provo bashing coming up, apparently TG4 are doing a series on "Women of the IRA" and Joe mentioned it was causing ructions - a nod towards Rose Dugdale and her part in the Herrema kidnap and an aerial bombing of Strabane Barracks (!) - wonder will he run a phone poll on peoples attitudes towards SF? :D .

Needless to say more on the Romanian-Oirish 21st birthday bashes....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    Spot of Provo bashing coming up, apparently TG4 are doing a series on "Women of the IRA" and Joe mentioned it was causing ructions - a nod towards Rose Dugdale and her part in the Herrema kidnap and an aerial bombing of Strabane Barracks (!) - wonder will he run a phone poll on peoples attitudes towards SF? :D .

Hi Europa, she was on with Pat Kenny this morning.. And she wouldnt say that she was ashamed of any of the IRA's killings, she just posed the question well are the "Brits" (as she called them) gonna apologise for everything they did.. Fairly polarized Pat's listeners on the twitter machine... But dont worry, I'm sure the topic is safe in the hands of the country's most objective broadcaster...

I just noticed now what the top comment on the video is ... lol..

topcomments.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭deem79

Joe is a clown

I just noticed now what the top comment on the video is ... lol..

topcomments.jpg

Classic!!! Bring back Shane O'Curry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

europa11 wrote: »
    Classic!!! Bring back Shane O'Curry :D

haha and then he went to his favourite, a caller in ballyer :D

Well if we didn't, we do now.
    ...and it's ceathair not four.

Winding things up for a hatchet job here...

Lol knew Ms Travers would be on...predictable as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You can tell Joe's bias already...

"She's getting a program"....

i.e. with Joe's intontation "She's getting a program but I dont think she should have her opinions aired"..

I bet Joe rang Ann when HE heard John Murray's program this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Oh this is gonna be a load of b0llix episode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Moving on in life and going on... Disgraceful Joe!!

We need to dwell on the past!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

we,ll just brush the ira under the carpet and pretend they never happened and all the republicans are now all peace loving individuals

• Advertisement

Every single time there's a sniff of republican, it's straight on the phone to Belfast.
    Is there no one else who feels hard done by the troubles on either side, apart from Ann?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement