Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TG4 is not RTÉ Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Put a few more words in the mouths of callers there Joe... you should just do away with callers altogther and host a 75min tirade.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Joe is coming across really badly. Don't bother having a discussion if you're just going to talk and shout over people if they don't agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

deem79 wrote: »
    Joe is a clown

Oh the hand wringing that Joe is going on with. What a prick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe twisting the words of anyone who dares disagree with him.
    Impartial broadcaster me hole.

Absolutely right, he's a disgrace when he's like this.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

We need rose dugdale on herself as her friend is not helping her case,imo

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Ok, might agree in part with Joe, but he is certainly biased here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bloopy

wow.
    Joe is gettin real worked up over this one. Should this topic not be discussed on a proper history/current affairs programme and not on Joes "things I dislike in the afternoon hour"?

You can almost hear the spittle flying from his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Oh, so you don't get on air now unless you had a family member killed during the Troubles.

Nice Joe.

Recent? It was 25 yrs ago. What's the difference?

Years? That was 30 yrs. Consistent as ever.

• Advertisement

Joe:

crying-baby-cartoon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Ok, might agree in part with Joe, but he is certainly biased here

I dont normally agree with the Duffster but these "people" spout some amount of rubbish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Joe is still upset over MMG winning his liveline election poll over his favorite David norris :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That_Guy wrote: »
    Joe:

crying-baby-cartoon.jpg

fofl

Joe is going to self-combust soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

The war of Independence is a different historical time frame says Joe.

Ie. Old murders=good, less old murders= bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Joe asking someone where his "moral compass" is when he himself gets half a mil to spend a few hours a week listening to people on the breadline and say "I know what you're going through"?!

europa11 wrote: »
    Oh, so you don't get on air now unless you had a family member killed during the Troubles.

Nice Joe.

3,000 odd dead...but yet we only ever hear from one of them.

There's only the word of that Bishop of Cloyne 30 yrs back on the Sands issue...
    Terrible way to die... that to me sounds like he mocks them. Fake sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Duffy is not a very good broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I have all the sympathy for this lady but how many times can joe wheel her out on this subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I bet Marc Coleman feels objective after listening to Joe today..

• Advertisement

Tears

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bloopy

RTÉ is obliged under Section 39 (1) of the Broadcasting Act 2009 to ensure that
    (a) all news broadcast . is reported and presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of the broadcaster's own views
    (b) the broadcast treatment of current affairs, including matters which are either of public controversy or the subject of current public debate is fair to all interests concerned and that the broadcast matter is presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of his or her own views, except that should it prove impracticable in relation to a single broadcast to apply this paragraph, two or more related broadcasts may be considered as a whole, if the broadcasts are transmitted within a reasonable period of each other
    (d) anything which may reasonably be regarded as causing harm or offence, or as likely to promote, or incite to, crime or as tending to undermine the authority of the State, is not broadcast .
    (e) in programmes . and in the means employed to make such programmes, the privacy of an individual is not unreasonably encroached upon.
    (2) Nothing is subsection (1)(a) or (b) prevents (RTÉ) from transmitting party political broadcasts provided that (RTÉ) does not, in the allocation of time for such broadcasts, give an unfair preference to any political party

Regardless of the current subject. Joe appears to have broken a few of these codes over the last few months (at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

a ha things now get interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There were some bad apples :eek:

They collaborated in bombing Dublin and Monaghan, and killed numerous republicans and solicitors..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tears

Bingo

Have some compassion fella....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dr Herrema!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Jaysoose wrote: »
    I have all the sympathy for this lady but how many times can joe wheel her out on this subject?

The utter scum that killed him and their supporters need to be reminded of the consequences of their actions as often as possible, not that they'd care I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

bloopy wrote: »
    broadcasting stuff here

Joe broke them years ago, when he was campaigning against the "head shops".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe is giving the impression that this programme is being sponsored by the IRA or paid for by Rose Dugdale.

Wonder why no-one from TG4 isn't on to clarify who exactly have produced the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Jaysoose wrote: »

I agree ... This woman needs to visit a bereavement counsellor and not Talk to Joe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement