Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

lucylu wrote: »
    I agree ... This woman needs to visit a bereavement counsellor and not Talk to Joe

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought Rose Dugdale was just a scorpy oul mare, a bit of a fantacist... I found her referring to "the screws" funny.. Murray was afraid of her.. Maybe he was afraid she'd be out at his house later tonight wearing a hood, and looking to steal his Bobby Ballagh collection..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was he having a wee fondle of himself there? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Duffy won't like that answer from Herema!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Given the viewership of TG4, if Joe didn't want Rose Dugdale to get publicity for her 6 part series (as he describes it), why did he mention it at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bloopy

This guy is not workin out.
    Bad line, lost connection soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

"Kidnapping is illegal, it's a crime". And that people is why Duffy is paid so much, for such fascinating insight into the law of the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jasus Dr, you can be a bit too philosophical!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe is giving the impression that this programme is being sponsored by the IRA or paid for by Rose Dugdale.

Wonder why no-one from TG4 isn't on to clarify who exactly have produced the series?

Maybe it gets up his - and other RTE people's - nose, that this little station seems to be winning the approval of critics, and increasingly more viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dr. Herema is not playing the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Wow! "Kidnapping is illegal"....thanks Joe, I never knew, bet Dr. Herrema is just as shocked by that revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

Joe tells Dr Herrema that kidnapping is illegal, just in case he didn`t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

This is backfiring big time on on Duffy, f'ing delighted!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

kidnap victims meets kidnapper and joes in shock that they got on

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Shooting an unarmed civilian in front of their child isn't an act of war, it's an act of terrorism.

It seems to turn into an act of war if it was done in the 1916-1923 period though, according to the state broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

this lads attitude towards his kidnappers is like the guy from Life of Brian, shackled in the cell and saying how great the Romans are.

"They spit on you? You lucky lucky b*stard..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The ex-hostage is more objective than Duffy. Speaks volumes...and I doubt it's "stockhollum" syndrome.

As for why TG4 are carrying it, they tend to cover Irish history in all it's guises. They also tend to document it and let it speak for itself instead of bringing political or moral bias into it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Dr. Herema sounds like the last thing he wants to be doing is talking about this live on the radio.

You can see why they didnt kidnap Duffy all the same.. I'm having trouble putting up with his sh1te for an hour, imagine having to listen to him 24 hours a day.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

signostic wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yip..This is about the fourth time Anne has come onto Liveline talking about her sister and father. She does not appear to be a woman moving on with her life and this seems to continously consume her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Poor man he obviously has Stockholm Syndrome. Really disappointing for Joe Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

finally he gives joe an answer he can run with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Go on joe, make him cry you can do it!

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Joe Duffy might learn something from this Doctor.

"This is not personal" Joe listen to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Those people are advocating censorship who don't want that series to be shown, you don't have to agree with the people in these TG4 programmes to watch them ffs! When I watch documentaries about the Mafia I don't admire them, its of historical value, I don't recall many victims of the Mafia been interviewed in those programmes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kidnapping is illegal... Wow, I'm so glad I have Joe Duffy to enlighten me as to what is legal and illegal.

Well worth his salary.

this lads attitude towards his kidnappers is like the guy from Life of Brian, shackled in the cell and saying how great the Romans are. "They spit on you? You lucky lucky b*stard..."

Definite case of Stockhollum Syndrome.. Surprised Joe hasnt spotted it .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Elmo wrote: »
    Poor man he obviously has Stockholm Syndrome. Really disappointing for Joe Duffy.

STOCKHOLLUM syndrome. Sheesh! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Give up Joe, he's not going to condemn them, no matter how hard you try to make him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Leave the man alone, don't give him nightmares, Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement