Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

SHRILLL and RANTY..love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Does she want credit for getting her tax returns correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

They made the mistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake...joe.

she should get the idea that Ireland is a first world country out of her head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Shrill? Prone to losing your own point mid-rant? Unable to answer the simplest of questions?

TALK TO JOE...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Again this is an example of Joe's rabble rousing and generally mis-informing people. He doesn't add to a debate he subtracts from it.
    He muddies the waters and in fact creates more confusion and fear among people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Lost for words, Joe reads out the letter.

Maybe he's trying to get her to cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jaysus i thought joe out did himself yesteday.

but todays show featuring some of the best paid people in the country moaning about how they have to pay tax has surpassed it.

:)

this boys and girls is how RTE can straight faced do a primetime program about the struggelin middleclasses and the horrors of maintaining their castles.

(yes you read the last word right)

FFS.

If you owe the tax you pay it, your still paying less than some spa working for the same amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe:"You dont know why?"
    Caller:"No"
    Joe:"Neither do I. Lets ahve an ad break while someone explains it to me"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

**** off robinson crusoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

she should get the idea that Ireland is a first world country out of her head

Particularly the Department Of Finance.. They can get whatever reports they want to tell us that they are great lads, but I think they should all be judged on the current state of the country's debt and largest Exchequer deficit in the EU..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has the "Panto" season not closed?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

So Joe has eventually spouted his angle on this: he essentially wants the government to wipe the slate clean, and just forget the tax that should have been paid in a few years ago.

No sweat Joe, just stick it on the bill of the squeezed working and middle classes, sure we can cough up the money somewhere or just cut something else somewhere. Its retarded either way, but if he gets this done he will be untouchable, a sort of Kim-Il-Jung figure of Ireland.

"Or surviving civil partner"..

Joe didnt want to get a bollicking from Mooney for omitting that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

"Or surviving civil partner"..

Joe didnt want to get a bollicking from Mooney for omitting that..

Cant blame him. I wouldn't fancy Mooneys bollicks near me either. :pac:

has anyone pointed out yet that the 18k limit is in excess of what half the workforce earns or that the 36k figure is above the average industrial wage ?

just wondering.

lad on now is spouting something dangerously close to sense.

cant see joe taking this.

"Calls about this today and yesterday"

He must be going senile, yesterday was Provo-bashing-thursday.

Computers are hand shaking:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Again this is an example of Joe's rabble rousing and generally mis-informing people. He doesn't add to a debate he subtracts from it.
    He muddies the waters and in fact creates more confusion and fear among people.

The Revenue Comissioners are doing quite a good job of that all by themselves. My father gets a work pension of just over €100 per week, which he paid into for the 35 years he was working at that job. He got one of those letters yesterday. Presumably the Revenue Commissioners are now classifying him as one of the "high rollers" and one of those "minted pensioners". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

europa11 wrote: »
    "Calls about this today and yesterday"

He must be going senile, yesterday was Provo-bashing-thursday.

Oh they did manage to slip in some Revenue Commission bashing too!

• Advertisement

It's a term used to describe initial communications between two computers, like over the Internet, but is used in the wrong context by Joe imo..

surely if theyre operating on windows the best they can do is wave ?

Oh they did manage to slip in some Revenue Commission bashing too!

Missed that!

Oh another break.........plugs for Marzie and Mooney coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The Revenue Comissioners are doing quite a good job of that all by themselves. My father gets a work pension of just over €100 per week, which he paid into for the 35 years he was working at that job. He got one of those letters yesterday. Presumably the Revenue Commissioners are now classifying him as one of the "high rollers" and one of those "minted pensioners". :mad:
    Oh I agree, I'm not saying revenue have gone about this in anything other than a cack handed way;but Joe is not really bringing any more clarity to the issue either. No attempt at it at all. Clarity is the last thing you'll get from liveline. You have to wonder what purpose this serves?

Rats and Herrings

Thats life granda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Hardly worthwhile taking an ad break when there is only one commercial ad to be played

TBH man half this is probably a computer issue.

ive been dealing with the revenue for the last three years or so. every now and again you get some computer generated bollocks sent out to you that gets scrapped when it finally comes to the attention of a human being.

best i got was a demand to pay a tax bill of two cents

hint.

revenue only deal in round euro figures.

with the state pension chucked in i bet your da just technically falls into the bracket that "needs" to pay it. probably due to fuel allowance or something.

itll be chucked out when a person gets to it and they see how low it is.

Salt of de earth on now.

"tuentee powends"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Ugh, I hate "salt of de urth Dub Lan" types.

Penny pinching, miserable toss pots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement