Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

jcf wrote: »
    but of course we have to be PC and not say anything against the Travellers - a race of "people" where I think Genocide would be the best solution.

FACT - a favour to society it would be.

N029892131562110769_960020t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe mentioned in his preamble yesterday (on the Ronan Collins Show) that the attackers were Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

That's nonsense. How would you know if you were right?

ALl you're really saying is that you think you can judge people from their accents, which is a fool's game.

There is a simple solution to this

If you don't want to get labeled as scum, don't act like scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Even if these attackers were Travellers (of which we have no proof), it is hardly relevant to all travellers is it?

I presume they were Irish, so can we draw inferences from their actions to all Irish people? They were all male, so does every man have to answer for them?

It's crazy to think like that, unless you want to rave about genocide, identifying people by the way the way they talk etc etc etc

Who said it was? Entire post is a strawman argument.

Anyway, joe wrapped up that story quick enough after the "T" word was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

eviltwin wrote: »
    There is a simple solution to this

If you don't want to get labeled as scum, don't act like scum.

So you hold all travellers responsible for the alleged actions of these alleged travellers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'were you in a uniform?' :mad:

This is Groundhog Radio. I hope the Mahon Tribunal is published tomorrow to knock this topic off the airwaves.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Who said it was? Entire post is a strawman argument.

A poster was advocating genocide.

But you've underdeclared tax, that's the whole f*ckin' point of this.

So you hold all travellers responsible for the alleged actions of these alleged travellers?

No I don't, I actually live beside travellers, work with some and have no problem with them cause they know how to behave.

Anyone who attacks a family over a parking space is scum. Background isn't an issue.

But she is looking for witnesses...it makes sense to narrow down the field in case a listener would know the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

my friend wrote: »
    the female uses aggressive words and language

cant wait to review the CCTV as I'm guessing we are being told one side of the story

Maybe they simply took offence to her bumper sticker; PÁDRAIG NALLY, HERO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Skid wrote: »
    . I hope the Mahon Tribunal is published tomorrow to knock this topic off the airwaves.

Will he discuss it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A poster was advocating genocide.

You quoted the wrong post then. All bijapos said was "Bad publicity for the Travellers so he has the phone switched off."

Anyway, it's pensions now, so I'm off

Just pay the fcuking tax

Oh, for the love and honour of f*ck, Joe will you drop this tiresome tirade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Zzzzzzzz ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Joe can't believe that a retired solicitor would deign to do a menial job. All sorts of people do all sorts of jobs.

You're great You're great You're great You're great
    Well done Well done Well done Well done

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe take your patrionising Well Done and please go shove it up your hole! I'm sick of pensioners and how brilliant they were for working! What does he think we all do now, listen to him, Oh wait...... :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

YO! GOF'ers

(greedy old farters)

PAY YOUR TAXES

Portugal knocking time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,366 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Her husband wasn't killed, he died.

Awful story, but he shouldn't put that sort of spin on it.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    You quoted the wrong post then. All bijapos said was "Bad publicity for the Travellers so he has the phone switched off."

How are the actions of four people, bad publicity for an entire community they (might) belong to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Duffy your empathetic tones can only be matched by an alcohol addled teenager.

Was this the octopus attack?

How are the actions of four people, bad publicity for an entire community they (might) belong to?

Its not just 4 people though, ask anyone who lives near travellers about the reality and you'll soon see a small minority of people can make a lot of trouble for the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

No it was thermal shock.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I missed the start of her tale this time, did she have the baby yet? Awful story but not the place for her. :(

Last time she was on there was mention of a jellyfish attack...quite common on that coastline at certain times of the year.

Was this the octopus attack?

From what I remember she things it was a sting from something and loads started ringing in when she was on saying they knew other stories the same in Portugal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

This is one major weakness with Duffy ,seriously, lets people who are still in grief on the air.Absolutely no reason for this woman to be on the air.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement