Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Im sorry for your loss:(

He has a brass neck, he just kept waving at the travellers and they hadn't a clue if they knew him and then when the garda left he scarpered. I told him no normal person would even consider that, he does trouble me sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

eviltwin wrote: »
    Sure nothing will happen. Gardai are terrified of them and that Pavee Point lot will cry "discrimination"

Thats slanderous and discrimatry of these people and their "culture"..anybody else find it funny how travellers never seem to travel anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why dont they just let farmers claim back the fuel as a business expense at the end of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Scamaill

More influence than Late Late show ever had..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Speaking of travellers, a mate of mine left this on my Facebook page yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

He is correct about this Red/Green Diesel. Between the loss of taxation and amount of Garda and Customs time spent enforcing it, there is very little logic to the system.

If the Farmers need to be compensated (and I don't know why they should get cheap fuel), there must be a simpler system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Could you imagine the outcry if they go down the rebate route ?

We'll have Frightening Friday when the revenue send out letters to the poor oul farmers, scaring the life out of them, asking them to clarify their tax position in order to claim their subsidies. It would be a disgrace Joe.

A friend of mine was dipped and caught with green diesel in his Transit van..

He said "What. Is this not my field?"..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That_Guy wrote: »
    Speaking of travellers, a mate of mine left this on my Facebook page yesterday.

tom_father_ted_204.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

What is the logic of farmers getting cheap fuel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

If its going to cost €50,000 to clean up just the load of sludge left on the Border m/way today, then it's way past time to simplify this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Someone should tell the other lad to stop whispering in the background...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He keeps tellign him to say billun and millun :rolleyes:

:pac: Stop the dying - Joe

"Stop the doying"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Skid wrote: »
    He is correct about this Red/Green Diesel. Between the loss of taxation and amount of Garda and Customs time spent enforcing it, there is very little logic to the system.

If the Farmers need to be compensated (and I don't know why they should get cheap fuel), there must be a simpler system.

Interested parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I thought I was hearing voices there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If i was them i would block the ports and Dublin City till the government listened

"You want to end the doing of the diesel"

I feel a " are you there Joe " coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Europe will solve this problem for us at the stroke of a pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

De doy in de deesel.

Makes me smile every time.

Joe is fierce knarky today.

It's only 2pm. Feels like they've been talking for bloody ages.

If i was them i would block the ports and Dublin City till the government listened

You can feck off with that im sick to fckin death of having my daily commute messed with so certain parties can make a point. The goverment couldnt give two fiddlers if they block the city centre and the only people put out are ordinary commuters or people that need to move aorund the city.

"Eye Sooo Toooape"

Farmers abusing the system :eek:............never! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Is it me or is this topic very very boring??

Getting an insight into the tiny minds of our elected representatives here.."it seems very simplistic." thats cos it is.

• Advertisement

Given that I don't drive I could care less for this topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement