Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

RTE is really poor isn't it? I just flicked on the television and there is a profile of Grainne Seoige on. It's a series of profiles of RTE personalities.

FFS.

This is like what I imagine television was like in Eastern European countries in the Soviet times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RTE is really poor isn't it? I just flicked on the television and there is a profile of Grainne Seoige on. It's a series of profiles of RTE personalities.

FFS.

This is like what I imagine television was like in Eastern European countries in the Soviet times.

It was like a video CV for Grainne on Why She's So Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

pc7 wrote: »
    If you's want a giggle go to today fm and listen to the Giftgrub on the new movie The Pensioners (10th January), in light of the week we've had from Joe its fecking hilarious!

Last word did a piss take tonight aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

FFS.

If rte was a family their love of each other would be equivilant to incest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Liveline is essentially all about people who do not want to take responsibility for anything. Blame someone else and Joe will indulge them.

nail , head and hammer , close this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That was some load of rubbish. Seoige the Elder is on Television far too much without a 'celebration' of her mediocrity. She has Crimecall, her rubbish Sports Quiz, a Womens programme and a show on BBC1 'That's Britain'. I might have to ring Joe about it :mad:

Shows like that should be about Presenters who have retired (or are about to retire). Which at least they are doing next week, Bunny Carr is the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Skid wrote: »
    That was some load of rubbish. Seoige the Elder is on Television far too much without a 'celebration' of her mediocrity. She has Crimecall, her rubbish Sports Quiz, a Womens programme and a show on BBC1 'That's Britain'. I might have to ring Joe about it :mad:

Shows like that should be about Presenters who have retired (or are about to retire). Which at least they are doing next week, Bunny Carr is the subject.

I think the idea is to have a series on different presenters who have been with the channel. They are even doing a profile on Mark Cagney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i did'nt hear joey on ronan collins today, although i did tune in around 12.40. i suppose it'll be another episode of last of the summer wine black thursday today.

Joe, Joe, I got a letter Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pc7 wrote: »
    If you's want a giggle go to today fm and listen to the Giftgrub on the new movie The Pensioners (10th January), in light of the week we've had from Joe its fecking hilarious!

Thank you! Just listened to it, twas very good.

The voice of Noonan is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will he discuss the new Padraig Nally law?

Spit it out and stop rambling :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

And we kick off today with.... fire brigade callout charges. They'll kill people, Joe...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just turned it on...

Is it about pyromaniacs??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It really irks me when Joe asks more dumb than usual and asks stupid questions "if you call the fire brigade for your neighbour who pays" :rolleyes: You Joe you.

Do the fire brigade not arrive anyway if you have a serious fall?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Your neighbours are **** Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

This isn't just a "Dubbalin" thing, fire authoritres in many other parts of the country have been charging for call outs for years.

Joe playing up his role of hero of down-trodden man in the stree' again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

this puts paid to one of Pat's plans for his dead beat daughters 'home' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Amblances?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Who is this old codger? Is he an authority on emergency services or just some old timer with a moan. :mad:

Ireland is a gas place, no one wants to pay taxes and the state should in return provide everything for free.

(and oh, + the dead beats want their mortgages wiped)

"Is the bill waived if the people who rang it in died in the fire Joe"

No one does scare-mongering better than our Joe.

No one.

He is taking a long time to explain that the sooner a Fire Engine gets to you, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

so old people are very hesitent to ring the fire brigade because of the cost, yet when they get a letter about tax, they're up in arms and will ring everybody who will listen, tax or death yep they've got their priorities right.

europa11 wrote: »
    No one does scare-mongering better than our Joe.

No one.

arent we lucky Joe's old pal Gerry Ryans friend (Harry 'free ads on RTE' Crosbie) never got round to building his tower..

imagine the bill for that one...

fib_la_fire_lg_s.jpg

Why are they called Fire Engines?

Why not just fire trucks or something?

"My God!"...."Dear God!"..."God forbid!!"

The Almighty isn't getting much rest today from Uncle Joe.

• Advertisement

Farrell Grant Sparks did the report on the Fire brigade.

Hee hee :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement