Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

aaaah, I remember the good aul days when the fire brigade could be called for nothing, the bins were picked up weekly for nothing, you could call an ambulance for nothing... but then a lot of people were paying 60p in the pound in....

....I must emphasise I was very little at the time!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

or a relative...:D

LOLZ!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

I s joe having a stroke?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A few millun here Joe, uggg I hate boggers who say millun and billun it drives me batty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Not impressed with the Council Rep.

His attitude is, ah sure, the Insurance will pay it. Ignoring the excess and the loss of No Claims Bonus. And then hinting that they won't enforce the charge anyway if you complain hard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe my preferred option is to use the scandalous amount of money I pay on my tv licence (for RTE and your wages) and give that to the services for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe is getting wound up to savage the Council gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

nosey guy wrote: »
    I s joe having a stroke?

we wouldnt be that lucky now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe says councils have other sources of income. Mmmmmmm advertising, sponsorship, tv licence fee, pot kettle black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Joe's knowledge on every subject is very impressive all the same. Providing a fire official with phrases that he says are known phrases in the fire fighting business..."malicious false alarms"? Yea, good one Joe.... :rolleyes:

Remember people: Joe knows more than you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe: Pat, go ahead

Pat:
    'hello Joe, this jammies me plans joe, I was gonna torch the dotters gaff and use the Insurance money to pay off half de mortgage, den we'd have a shell dat she can restore with me life savings and i was gonna use me pension to pay de mortage for her, but ders no way i could cover the cost of the Fire Tender, dat wud break me joe, a disgrace joe, I'm tellin ya'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Surely the household charge should cover this sort of thing if its alledgedly for local sevices etc?

telekon wrote: »
    Joe's knowledge on every subject is very impressive all the same. Providing a fire official with phrases that he says are known phrases in the fire fighting business..."malicious false alarms"? Yea, good one Joe.... :rolleyes:

Remember people: Joe knows more than you.

You would think the Fire Officer would know what a 'Malicious False Alarm' was. It is not difficult to understand.
    He responded as if Joe was speaking Latin.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

This person thinks they will be charged for calling 999 to a road accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Skid wrote: »
    You would think the Fire Officer would know what a 'Malicious False Alarm' was. It is not difficult to understand.

In fairness joe plucked the term out of his asss...as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He keeps trying to give the impression that this charge is solely being levied on Dublin.

Ah well, why let the fact that this charge is already nationwide get in the way of another aspect of Joes' twisted agenda...whatever the fug it is.

He is banjaxed joe.

I think Dignitas are increasingly looking like a solution to alot of our problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yea, we all knew what Joe was getting at but the fact that yer man never heard that phrase meant Joe made it up and wasn't actually an industry term at all, while Joe was making it out that it was...

This person thinks they will be charged for calling 999 to a road accident.

The fireman will ask for credit card details before they will get the cutting equipment out of the truck

• Advertisement

TV License Joe

TV License Joe

GO ON GO ON

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I missed the start. Did Dublin City councillors actually have a vote on this?

If so, the ones who went yes should come in for serious criticism

Jaysoose wrote: »
    In fairness joe plucked the term out of his asss...as per usual.

Fairly basic English, I would have thought.

Joe sounded like a chimp there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He's in real Ballyfermot Local Radio 99.8FM mode today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I think he was correcting Joe's assertion that that's what it's called in the FB, which he disagreed with.

BINGO! "what are we paying our taxes for?"

Wh wh wh wh wh wh wh wh a wha wha t do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

RTE is a seperate charge too Joe ya bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

This charge is just covering for the spiraling costs of the Dublin Fire Service. Dublin Fire Brigade does it own thing, they have been asked to reduce costs but each year they send the 4 Dublin Councils increased service bills,this in a recession! The moment anything happens the Fire Brigade runs to the media to scream about possible deaths.

The UK Fire Service sent over some experts free of charge to look at the Dublin Fire Service last year with a view to look at were costs could be reduced and efficiency could be improved. As yet nothing has happened as the Dublin Fire Service stalled at every recommendation. Public servants don't you love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It would be great if they did Liveline in Latin one day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement