Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Beyond The Pale

He lost a testicle in a tragic tin-opening incident, after that it was down-hill for Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

I'm not surprised peoole are so angry, so called entrepreneurs just walking away from their debts...
    Some people just got too greedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Reminder: Jay is the guy who paid less than peanuts to illegal workers and he was fine with this.

An awardment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Moira was right.There is a person like Jay in every town in Ireland. Feck all responsibility for their actions and suppliers left high and dry.

Nobody is denying that him owing money to guys is a joke..she was just ranting for the sake of it without anything to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Trevor got paid by Jay for cleaning work in the 1990's. Great.

And do you still do work for him Trev, or did the illegals Jay employed blow you out?

Woo hoo extra unpaid work?? Sounds like more happy-endings... for Jay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

this is more like it, i bet during the break joe said no more reasonable speaking people like the american, just put jay bashers through

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Nobody is denying that him owing money to guys is a joke..she was just ranting for the sake of it without anything to back it up.

She had a point - Jay apparently can flit from one buisness to the next leaving a trail of unpaid bills without any penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Affable? Talk is cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Jaysoose wrote: »

:D:D Indeed,but that's liveline for you.Ranting is Joe's bread and butter

gambiaman wrote: »
    She had a point - Jay apparently can flit from one buisness to the next leaving a trail of unpaid bills without any penalty.

at the end of the day, thats not jay's fault, there is nobody to stop him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Affable? I think you mean laffable Joe. :rolleyes:

Ok so what is this really about? We all know that trading is a risk with the various suppliers and creditors moving between deliver and payment... So here's one guy who happens to be getting lampooned for it but honestly this is the norm in business...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Fcuking ejit! He wasn't asking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think we can see that Builder Jay needs taking to task but some stranger haranguing him across the national airwaves for the amusement of us is not particularly clever. Its a matter for legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ok so what is this really about? We all know that trading is a risk with the various suppliers and creditors moving between deliver and payment... So here's one guy who happens to be getting lampooned for it but honestly this is the norm in business...

Course it is....just look at Superquinn a few weeks back. Doesn't make it right and system is set up so that directors can leave small time suppliers swinging in the wind.

Into a dark room with a Brandy and a shot-gun... Don't use 'dem' words...

at the end of the day, thats not jay's fault, there is nobody to stop him

That doesn't absolve him of his responsibilities though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"You can't say that"

Yet Joe has allowed a public dressing down of Jay.

• Advertisement

i'm actually owed a few pound for a job i done 2 weeks ago, so after today i'm going to stop ringing your man looking for it, i'm going to go through liveline

Not everybody went mental. I didn't. I bet Trevor uses the word begrudger.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hello Again. Missed the old liveline thread. Have been away from liveline. Nice to hear a dissenting voice about the show on the show.

Current woman talking about being a "senior" member of staff a few questions:-

1. Were the proceeding in-camera?
    2. Did the researchers find out if these proceedings took place?
    3. Who are you and when you say senior member of staff what do you mean?
    4. You should have taken your breaks, why didn't you? It is a moot point 5 years after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"de liddel peeple"

BINGO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Duffy giving out about overcharging... that's a good one alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

The little people... :rolleyes:

i'm actually owed a few pound for a job i done 2 weeks ago, so after today i'm going to stop ringing your man looking for it, i'm going to go through liveline

It was Jay that went on Liveline first wasn't it, moaning about rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Don't you just love these pricks who come on and say 'we' all went mad during the Celtic Tiger! I ****ing didn't. :mad:

gambiaman wrote: »
    That doesn't absolve him of his responsibilities though.

he obviously doesnt care, he's trying to make money (not very sucessfully by the sound of it) but he's trying and that all that matters to him

• Advertisement

Joe is going to:D ring Jay again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement