Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

irishh_bob wrote: »
    im serious and this isnt hyperbole , the man is a serious contributor to the steady decline of this nation

Was going to post something similar earlier. The man's increasingly massive ego is a huge problem. His relentless, and admittedly successful, campaign against the headshops was the start of it.

I remember once when he was actually impartial on the show (I know, hard to believe isn't it!) but then Joe the Ego took over.

Why can't a group like Sinn Fein or other Republican groups get a fair shake of the stick like everyone else?

Why do pensioners always get their grievences heard instantly?

Why does Joe insist on 3rd rate 'comics' coming on what seems like every second week to amuse him, and him alone?

Why is it always Joe's agenda - feckin' Wendy, that wounded artist, that burger van fella in Wicklow, all things Ballyfermot, Fiver Friday etc etc.?

We know his researchers actively call people to come on the air, that's not what Liveline was once about. People actually called in and got heard on the issues they wanted to express.

I know she gets grief now, but everyone forgets that Marian Finucane was excellent on Liveline. I would welcome her back (or Philip Boucher Hayes for that matter) in a heart beat.

IT is called 'Liveline' NOT the 'Joe Duffy Show'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Good loser

we,ve often heard the term " father of the nation " , duffy could be labeled worst father , he is like a lousy incoherent and inconsistent parent who reaffirms his childrens ( and most callers are like children ) immature dysfunctional behaviour and goads them into stamping thier feet untill they get thier rattle , sweets , raise , he activley encourages the most snivelling , self pitying and self indulgent of sentiment and all for a big fat cheque

im serious and this isnt hyperbole , the man is a serious contributor to the steady decline of this nation

Though coherent - and for smaller cheques - Vincent Browne and Fintan O'Toole are not much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was listening to it in the car.. He came out with a lot of strange things alright.

"What's your difference?"
    "Wo, wo wo wo wo what ... "
    "Was it a malicious callout?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Good loser wrote: »
    Though coherent - and for smaller cheques - Vincent Browne and Fintan O'Toole are not much better.

no fan of either of the above but its insulting to compare them with a two bit rile merchant like duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

no fan of either of the above but its insulting to compare them with a two bit rile merchant like duffy

Indeed Kevin Myers would have been a better comparison haha. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

telekon wrote: »

Was going to post something similar earlier. The man's increasingly massive ego is a huge problem. His relentless, and admittedly successful, campaign against the headshops was the start of it.

I remember once when he was actually impartial on the show (I know, hard to believe isn't it!) but then Joe the Ego took over.

Why can't a group like Sinn Fein or other Republican groups get a fair shake of the stick like everyone else?

Why do pensioners always get their grievences heard instantly?

Why does Joe insist on 3rd rate 'comics' coming on what seems like every second week to amuse him, and him alone?

Why is it always Joe's agenda - feckin' Wendy, that wounded artist, that burger van fella in Wicklow, all things Ballyfermot, Fiver Friday etc etc.?

We know his researchers actively call people to come on the air, that's not what Liveline was once about. People actually called in and got heard on the issues they wanted to express.

I know she gets grief now, but everyone forgets that Marian Finucane was excellent on Liveline. I would welcome her back (or Philip Boucher Hayes for that matter) in a heart beat.

IT is called 'Liveline' NOT the 'Joe Duffy Show'.

Well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Elmo wrote: »
    Indeed Kevin Myers would have been a better comparison haha. :rolleyes:

myers is more often than not right on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

telekon wrote: »

A very well made comment
    Couldn't agree more... (shorted the quote for readability)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

dulpit wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more... (shorted the quote for readability)
    Yes make sentence read good.

I think Joe had one of his worst weeks ever this week. It was unlistenable to. literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

withless wrote: »
    Yes make sentence read good.

I think Joe had one of his worst weeks ever this week. It was unlistenable to. literally.

I think the Artane week beats it though... 4 days of misery followed on the friday by "Artane - The Musical" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The whole show dedicated to the Irish survivors of Titanic 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this a joke?

In this one Jack and Rose are living in Ireland with a mortgage on a house in South Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

In this one Jack and Rose are living in Ireland with a mortgage on a house in South Dublin..

....who, having survived their ordeal at sea, return to find a letter from Revenue demanding back-tax due on their second pensions....

(Joe will do the mock sighing during the envelope opening scene, background music by Doc and Clint)

Seriously though I heard that Irish couple on with Tubridy this morning... It was some experience.. Incredible to think this could happen in 2012..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I saw some coverage of this at the weekend and I said to myself that this couple would be on Liveline on Monday and indeed probably the Late Late Show the following weekend. Maybe a book deal as well?
    Does anyone think they kind of over-dramatised their 'ordeal' a bit? Ringing their familiy to say goodbye:eek: Did you see where the ship ran aground.They could have swam ashore in about 2 minutes!
    Am I being a bit harsh?:confused:
    @Jonathan, I can't believe you listen to Tubridy! You're a glutton for punishment, as am I but I ccan't bring myself to listen to that smug twat.

@Jonathan, I can't believe you listen to Tubridy! You're a glutton for punishment, as am I but I ccan't bring myself to listen to that smug twat.

ahaaaaa.. I was cycling through the radio stations on my phone when I heard the woman talking.. I was actually searching for Yates and Donohue, I really like their show..

(so dont dare accuse me of being a Tub-elieber) :)

Collins sounds as if he has not been to bed yet:D

rent allowance,medical cards and Mexican children today

More Misery this Monday promised from the great man..........

- Rents Allowance / Joes' Entitlements culture trundles on

- 11 Irish families in Mexico trying to organise adoptions over there...out of the frying pan into the fire, bienvenue to treasure Ireland!

- Medical Card renewals/delays

- and anything else (pensions maybe :rolleyes: )........de Miseryline is open naaahw!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I saw some coverage of this at the weekend and I said to myself that this couple would be on Liveline on Monday and indeed probably the Late Late Show the following weekend. Maybe a book deal as well?
    Does anyone think they kind of over-dramatised their 'ordeal' a bit? Ringing their familiy to say goodbye:eek: Did you see where the ship ran aground.They could have swam ashore in about 2 minutes!
    Am I being a bit harsh?:confused:

Well...maybe a little bit, considering that people are still missing and the Italian authorities have called off the search due to the boat moving. And people have died.

Sean Quinn just declared bankrupt by High Court.

Wonder will Joe give him a mention?

http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/20291933/?view=Standard

Ringing their familiy to say goodbye:eek: Did you see where the ship ran aground.They could have swam ashore in about 2 minutes!

Dont think you're being fair Yosser.. the woman said that they were on the opposite side of the boat to the land, and could not see it.. She thought they were a few miles out..

And I dont think this is too much different from Jack and Rose running through the lower decks of the Titanic...

If you are on a ship that's start listing (and this one fully capsized), it must be a very scary experience..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

europa11 wrote: »
    More Misery this Monday promised from the great man..........

- Rents Allowance / Joes' Entitlements culture trundles on

- 11 Irish families in Mexico trying to organise adoptions over there...out of the frying pan into the fire, bienvenue to treasure Ireland!

- Medical Card renewals/delays

- and anything else (pensions maybe :rolleyes: )........de Miseryline is open naaahw!!!1

i can see it now, 21 years time, joe on the liveline asking them about how they were saved and what its like been 21 in ioreland

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jeez that video footage is terrifying. I've been on a cruise and at that time of night I'd have had a few glasses of vino, might have been in a different part of the ship than hubbie, the thoughts of it are so scary. Even if it was only 150 metres to shore swimming in clothes, in the dark, terrified in the sea freaks me out sitting here at my pc. Drowning or getting trapped would be one of my worst fears of a way to die.

pc7 wrote: »
    I've been on a cruise and at that time of night I'd have had a few glasses of vino, might have been in a different part of the ship than hubbie,

enhanced-buzz-21557-1326683352-22.jpg

lol @ the production team having to tell Sean it was Damian O'Meara... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

What are we in for today??

(I'm refusing to believe we will be subjected to Titanic 2 for the guts of an hour and 15 mins.... :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

Joe has a sponsor now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

What sort of intro was that????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement