Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

neris wrote: »
    anyone ever tweeted at joe and got a reply? he seems to get a lot of abuse but never answers back. maybe joe doesnt know how to access his twitter account

That's true.

I give him dog's abuse and he never replies. But he hasn't blocked me yet :)

He seems to use it as a Soapbox rather than engaging with others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Why is he shouting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Society is breakin' down Joe.

There'll be picture of rubbish like there was in 1970's Britain Joe.

Its a disgrace Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

The chaos joe? what chaos is this your talking about..one bin company took over from the spoofers in the council and want paid..its fairly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

What's he on about? London...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lapin wrote: »
    Why is he shouting ?

Because his friend had a problem with his big pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

An estate agent ringing in to defend the "poor landlords". No conflict of interest there so.

Are we surprised that there was a tender granted on the basis of an ill conceived, ill thought out and ill executed plan in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's apolling, what the hell is the word apolling ?

Wonder how many deposits this one has managed to gouge from her tenants..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Zwillinge wrote: »
    What's he on about? London...?

I don't know, he was so boring my ears went numb.

F*ck off landlords

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

the landlord = herself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's apolling, what the hell is the word apolling ?

...in Fingoll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The poor landlords.

*plays world's smallest violin*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Poor "genuine" tennants I feel sorry for, can't see many landlords agreeing to drop it, so what happens then.

Another moaner complaining about his free money getting touched..

excuses..excuses...phone company contract...i cant, i cant..you mean you dont want to mick.

pc7 wrote: »
    Poor tennants I feel sorry for, can't see many landlords agreeing to drop it, so what happens then.

They'll either be left with empty properties or they'll be forced to accept reduced rents. What other options do they have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

LOL!

I think his friends will be on to his game now...

Least he admits to scabbing off his friends...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sponger.

I'd eat my dinner in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Another moaner complaining about his free money getting touched.. excuses..excuses...phone company contract...i cant, i cant..you mean you dont want to mick.

Rent allowance really bugs me as well... I mean I'm taxed to pay his rent before I even struggle to pay my own..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

So he'll call around to scrounge a free lunch but can't live without his phone contract.

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Have we leap frogged onto rent allowance with out acknowledging it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

current callers disability = lazy bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I didnt know a lack of morality and honesty was considered a disability ?

Wimmin!! They're always havin' babies!! :mad:

And he admits the real reason why he cant move..he is to fckin lazy to re-direct his mail and take care of his own responsibilies.. makes me want to be sick listening to this kind of sh1te on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What a cow. What business of hers is it the marital situation of a tenant? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysoose wrote: »
    The chaos joe? what chaos is this your talking about..one bin company took over from the spoofers in the council and want paid..its fairly simple.

Yes, but they want a *year's* standing charge paid up front, whereas before you paid it on a quarterly basis. For *some* people, having to stump up an extra €75 now (esp with the household charge having to be paid in the next 3 months) is a problem for some people. Also, you used to be able to pay by a cheque in the post, which the new private company won't countenance, only providing payment online or via the post office. That is an issue for some old folks, who aren't online or have mobility issues.

There seems to be no empathy at all from half the keyboard warriors on this thread. The wealth position of pensioners, like most folks, runs a spectrum from being barely able to eat and heat their houses, to being very well off. These changes (and household charges and pension reductions) will affect some of these people at the lower end of the spectrum, so why all the bile here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement