Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A vagina Joe, they just appeared out of the mothers vagina, no warning whatsoever. And it's the landlord that has to clean up that mess, poor landlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Wake up Michael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

if you want state benefits you must name babys father, no name, no benefits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

_46823229_phonebox_queue.jpg

In your own time Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jesus spit it out would you!?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This is the 3rd caller this week I can remember with rent allowance "issues". One had a car, this guy and his phone, the other refused to leave his plush surroundings...

Infuriating, this country.... :mad::mad::mad:

Come on michael its 2.40 we havent got all day

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

my friend wrote: »
    if you want state benefits you must name babys father, no name, no benefits.

In some cases "copper face jacks patron" might have to do

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

TV license!!!!!! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I guess Joe can't say "Well, screw the TV licence."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yakuza wrote: »
    There seems to be no empathy at all from half the keyboard warriors on this thread.

How dare you say something like that, it's not on. There's no empathy at all from all the keyboard warriors on this thread. There's no place for that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

GOOD. that'll teach you to blight good estates with your social welfare tenants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Yes, but they want a *year's* standing charge paid up front, whereas before you paid it on a quarterly basis. For *some* people, having to stump up an extra €75 now (esp with the household charge having to be paid in the next 3 months) is a problem for some people. Also, you used to be able to pay by a cheque in the post, which the new private company won't countenance, only providing payment online or via the post office. That is an issue for some old folks, who aren't online or have mobility issues.

There seems to be no empathy at all from half the keyboard warriors on this thread. The wealth position of pensioners, like most folks, runs a spectrum from being barely able to eat and heat their houses, to being very well off. These changes (and household charges and pension reductions) will affect some of these people at the lower end of the spectrum, so why all the bile here?

the only pensioners who can barely afford to eat are alcoholics or old people with dependants who are a drain on them , its practically impossible to be short the price of a sandwich when your on 219 per week minimum + the long list of other perks

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭stevensi

Rent allowance tenants seem to be the worst of the worst. Some of the stories are frightening!

The mortgae is the landlords responsibility isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What a cow. What business of hers is it the marital situation of a tenant? Wow.

Her point is that they are getting the rent allowance supposedly because they are single mothers... yet magically babies keep appearing, allowing the woman get a bigger place and bigger handouts...

pc7 wrote: »
    In some cases "copper face jacks patron" might have to do

thats fine, they just wont get a cent of my taxes...

Bet Joe sticks in another ad break today at 2.57 :mad:

That FBD ad makes me want to put my fist through the radio..

stevensi wrote: »
    Rent allowance tenants seem to be the worst of the worst. Some of the stories are frightening!

for years I lived in kips, not affording 'market rates' now I know why

what a mug I was.

• Advertisement

Wasnt there a report published recently stating that there are landlords whise sle income is rent and they were not being charged income tax or something along those lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Yes, but they want a *year's* standing charge paid up front, whereas before you paid it on a quarterly basis. For *some* people, having to stump up an extra €75 now (esp with the household charge having to be paid in the next 3 months) is a problem for some people. Also, you used to be able to pay by a cheque in the post, which the new private company won't countenance, only providing payment online or via the post office. That is an issue for some old folks, who aren't online or have mobility issues.

There seems to be no empathy at all from half the keyboard warriors on this thread. The wealth position of pensioners, like most folks, runs a spectrum from being barely able to eat and heat their houses, to being very well off. These changes (and household charges and pension reductions) will affect some of these people at the lower end of the spectrum, so why all the bile here?

Its the joe duffy show, its not conducive to empathy im afraid so either get on board with the thread or toodle off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The mortgae is the landlords responsibility isnt it?

That annoys me, the 'Buy to Let' Landlords who think they have a Divine right to get enough rent to pay the Mortgage on their Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Did he say he's 29??

He sounds older :(

Whats your difference? Go on Joe ask him.

disabled at 29?

2 kids FFS

get off your hole
    (16 yo kid ????? hes 29 ????)

Is that just cos he's your stepson and not your full son... :D:D

Skid wrote: »
    That annoys me, the 'Buy to Let' Landlords who think they have a Divine right to get enough rent to pay the Mortgage on their Property.

What makes it worse os that some of them have it structured in such a way that its effectivey a ponzi scheme they are running.

They have one property mortgaged against the other(s)

Is that just cos he's your stepson and not your full son... :D:D

well done jon, well done...

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Whats your difference? Go on Joe ask him.

You cant fault Joes tact

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement