Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Todays show just angried up the blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Yakuza wrote: »
    Nope, I won't be going anywhere, thanks, despite your invitation to "toodle" off. I listen to the show and post here fairly frequently. Most of the time the topics on the show are frivolous and a waste of airtime (which I will point out as I see fit) but I think in the context of what was being discussed (the privatisation of bin collection), the points being made by the callers were actually valid and relevant.

Like a stopped clock showing the correct time twice a day, sometimes what's being discussed on the show has a nugget of relevance and general interest.

Yeah yeah, god bless well done, well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

europa11 wrote: »
    Another barstool economist and entitlements expert.

won't Australia be soooo lucky when he shows up in Bondi!

how soon before Australia launches an attack on Ireland?

look what we have shipped there -

*Pats Daughter

*the idiot from Coolock that got lost in the Outback

and now the possibility that Peter the sponge will grace their shores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pissed as a fart this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"And Joe"..
    400_F_26183988_DwR7c85rsct5JioH1o46btNTwvauyd61.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Micchael wont make this point in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Manuel knows nothing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Si Si Mr Fawlty, I mean Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He's Irish Joe. So he has no difference. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Because before you know it, there'll be an old gas cooker and an old washing machine next to those bins on the street. This is Ireland mister. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yakuza wrote: »
    Nope, I won't be going anywhere, thanks, despite your invitation to "toodle" off. I listen to the show and post here fairly frequently. Most of the time the topics on the show are frivolous and a waste of airtime (which I will point out as I see fit) but I think in the context of what was being discussed (the privatisation of bin collection), the points being made by the callers were actually valid and relevant.

Like a stopped clock showing the correct time twice a day, sometimes what's being discussed on the show has a nugget of relevance and general interest.

Oh Jesus:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If Joe turns around and says it's a good idea to lock litter bugs up I'll scream after him going on a rant saying how scandalous it was for a man to be locked up for littering at a bottle bank only a half hour ago !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What Joe doesn't seem to grasp is that yes it works in Spain and France because PEOPLE PAY THEIR HOUSEHOLD TAX. None of this not paying it and then bitching about fly tipping.

Manuel is a Portugese name.

They call their sons that because they can't spell automatic.

"Siobhán Hoch produced Derek Mooney..... next"...

Usual RTE nepotism..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Siobhán Hoch produced Derek Mooney..... next"...

Usual RTE nepotism..

And no doubt a fair old surprise for Mooney's ma when she hears that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That old cleansing dept (binman) bloke really pissed me off,does he not realise if he was working in the private sector he would be out on his ear rather than be moved to another job

Lapin wrote: »
    Manuel is a Portugese name.

They call their sons that because they can't spell automatic.

So he's Italian with a Portuguese name that Duffy thinks is Hispanic.:D

I love it. Fair play fair play

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

pc7 wrote: »

The phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity" may not be applied here.

Although no truer words spoken, they can kiss any promotion from RTE goodbye...in fact anyone in Ireland's tiny luvvie media circle will not give them the time of day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

these people really are annoying me now, they're complaining about getting a note to say they would be moving depaaaartments, i got told last friday from the boss not to come in this week, cos unless something happens we are finished at the end of the month.

+ 60000000

what about this one..

tshirt_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

telekon wrote: »
    The phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity" may not be applied here.

Although no truer words spoken, they can kiss any promotion from RTE goodbye...in fact anyone in Ireland's tiny luvvie media circle will not give them the time of day.

Never heard of them but i like their attitude

Fingers crossed we have another Sex Pistols here

Never heard of them but i like their attitude

Fingers crossed we have another Sex Pistols here

What, playing reunion tours well into their 50s and supplementing their income with butter ads? :pac:

Hardcore!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's a t shirt Joe, you wear it on your torso, Joe.

“It might be putting salt in their wounds, but the information is not new, it’s been well documented in the media,” Joe Breaker (22) told the Irish Daily Star.
    The T shirts coincide with the release of the band’s concept album 'Better Off Dead' and according to their website it: “focuses on the types of people who have played a role in the collapse of Irish societal values and cultural identity, and as a result are better off dead. Bankers, socialites, overpaid broadcasters, blah blah blah.”

Joe Duffy - Coming to a t-shirt near you (soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It's a disgrace Joe, pointless photoshoots stacking cups like a pyramid, we are where we are...

Women who can't sing, Joe's buddy picks a fight with Bon Jovi and more rubbish and whinging binmen today.

Can't wait. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    Women who can't sing, Joe's buddy picks a fight with Bon Jovi and more rubbish and whinging binmen today.

Can't wait. :(

Ancient over the hill singer accuses ageing rock star so he can get his name in the paper.

Brush Shiels used to go on the Den from time to time in the 1990s. He was past it and out of touch then. Now he is on the verge of going gaga and I don't mean Lady Gaga.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement