Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

oh for the love of god.. crying? Does she even know how many people play on a rugby team?

You can't question Brek's credentials..... She is clearly a big fan of Ronan O'Driscoll :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

WASP0 wrote: »
    England who went out of the rugby world cup at the same stage as us are debating whether to get rid of their manager Martin Johnson, meanwhile we are sending out welcoming parties and RTE are promoting this, to celebrate..........what! I don't get it!

Well that is kind of the English media's typical attitude to sport. If they don't win a competition outright, blame the manager no matter how good/bad the players are.

England who went out of the rugby world cup at the same stage as us are debating whether to get rid of their manager Martin Johnson, meanwhile we are sending out welcoming parties and RTE are promoting this, to celebrate..........what! I don't get it!

Well, in fairness, I'd rather be fired than have to be greeted by Brek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I kept on hearing on the radio since Sunday how sad it was for this 'great' generation of players - in particular O'Driscoll - to not make it to a World Cup final.

Pundits in general didn't address the elephant as to why that generation of players didn't do better at this, and the previous World Cups.

I guess we accept mediocrity more than a lot of countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I kept on hearing on the radio since Sunday how sad it was for this 'great' generation of players - in particular O'Driscoll - to not make it to a World Cup final.

Pundits in general didn't address the elephant as to why that generation of players didn't do better at this, and the previous World Cups.

I don't think that is really fair. We are a country with a small population, and an even smaller pool of rugby players so i actually think we have done better than we could expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I don't think that is really fair. We are a country with a small population, and an even smaller pool of rugby players so i actually think we have done better than we could expect.

Your post kind of demonstrates that attitude.

There are not many strong rugby nations in the world - so not advancing beyond the quarter finals in any of them, is certainly a bad indictment of our players, past and present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

Well that is kind of the English media's typical attitude to sport. If they don't win a competition outright, blame the manager no matter how good/bad the players are.

Agree with this about the English media but we are the opposite celebrating for no real reason.

Brenda should hand out 5th/6th place ribbons to the team!

Alan Quinlan is not a team member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

eh Alan Quinlan retired from rugby Brenda, ye dope.. he's not on the team.

There you have it,

'Shay Given is a goalkeeper'

Thanks Anus !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Brek lol

Wertz wrote: »
    Brek lol

It's actually worrying how long it took me to work that one out.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Seriously im not defending him at all its obvious he has issues running businesses with a degree of success. But some randomer on screeching when she had never done business with him is suddenly viewed as the voice of reason and a legitimate viewpoint?

no thanks.

To be fair to that caller, she originally rang in to say that she had had similar experiences with people owing them money, going bust, and then setting up another company in no time at all, and doing the same thing over again. It was only when that American tosser came on to defend Bourke that she flew off the handle a bit, and I don't blame her. Just because he was paid by Bourke for a previous job doesn't mean that Bourke is a great guy.

And if Bourke wasn't returning calls to his creditors as they alleged on Liveline, then I don't blame them for getting in touch with the show and doing some naming and shaming in public.

Wertz wrote: »
    Brek lol

:)

heres hoping it sticks....

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

The serial entrepreneur podcast was podcast gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

To be fair to that caller, she originally rang in to say that she had had similar experiences with people owing them money, going bust, and then setting up another company in no time at all, and doing the same thing over again. It was only when that American tosser came on to defend Bourke that she flew off the handle a bit, and I don't blame her. Just because he was paid by Bourke for a previous job doesn't mean that Bourke is a great guy.

And if Bourke wasn't returning calls to his creditors as they alleged on Liveline, then I don't blame them for getting in touch with the show and doing some naming and shaming in public.

No she rang in to give her opinion that bourke shouldnt be trading and he should not be allowed another directorship of a company..she was very specific. Im not saying she wasnt allowed her 5 minutes of air time but the reality is she had no real point to contribute and deemed herself an expert because she runs a small business down the country. The american guy was simply arguing that she was not in a position to demand anything and she started screeching down the phonelines as if her opinion was fact.

Duffy egged the whole thing on by being his usual childish self with smart comments etc when the guy questioned his motives as to why he was allowing peoples creditors on to humiliate bourke over the airwaves.

Lets not call this some sort of balanced debate when a person coming on with an alternative view is met by a presenter that is clearly biased and to be honest quite pathetic at times when people question his motives and a woman who has decided she is in a position to call for bourke to lose his drectorships etc..simply because she runs a business.

Bourke done himself no favours and the man should pay his bills of this there is no doubt and im not defending anything he had done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I can feel it in my bones,today is going to be a great show.

It will be... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

barryd09 wrote: »
    I can feel it in my bones,today is going to be a great show.

It will be... :D

Jay Bourke day 3 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Haven't heard Duffy all week (forgot my headphones :( ), they've been good so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

surferdudz wrote: »
    Jay Bourke day 3 ..

how about Jay presenting the show and Joe riding off into the sunset?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Today I'm going to listen to my first ever Liveline. :eek:

What am I letting myself in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

OMG, a liveline virgin! Take my advice and stay away from the radio. I started listening to liveline years ago. At first, I just listened to bits and pieces without really concentrating on what was said. As time went on, each show became the highlight of my day. I thought I could handle it but now I break into a cold sweat everyday at 1 o'clock and wake up in the night screaming "Talk to Joe".

I'm not even going to mention "Funny Friday"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

You will see what this country is made of. And some terrible puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just ensure you stay close to this thread for the group therapy that will ensue.

Also prepare yourself to get very angry at stupid people on the radio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liveline bingo:

Whenever a regular Liveline phrase is said, put it in a post followed by BINGO.

Some of these are:

God bless
    Fair play
    Keep the faith
    Clontarf
    Please god
    Well done
    Well spotted
    Bad line

There's a few others. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

That_Guy wrote: »
    Liveline bingo:

Whenever a regular Liveline phrase is said, put it in a post followed by BINGO.

Some of these are:

God bless
    Fair play
    Keep the faith
    Clontarf
    Please god
    Well done
    Well spotted
    Bad line

There's a few others. ;)

How could you forget Ballyer!!!

To be honest the phrase I want to hear again is....

"And you, Joe Duffy... you should know better"... :D from yesterday's show..

joe316 wrote: »
    How could you forget Ballyer!!!

My bad.

"Traumatic experience shopping in Lidl"

Was hoping Joe would say, "you poor thing"

• Advertisement

I'm guessing foreigners..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement