Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

1260481202.75121.ICAPCharityDay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Nope, Veronica, ye're voice is deffo gone... *wrings out ears*

Thank Jeebus that's over.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Till tomorrow boardsies, great day, well done, well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Skid wrote: »
    Row.

Fyp.
    Brush's lawyers will be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Did you hear Brush grumble with disappointment whenJoe announced that Veronica Dunne was on the phone!:D
    Brush wants a pay out.

No, didn't you hear him? He's not interested in the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I honestly didn't want that to end. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Nope, Veronica, ye're voice is deffo gone... *wrings out ears*

Thank Jeebus that's over.

No! That was Brilliant. I have no idea what was going on, but it was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

A show so awfully bad it was feckin' brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

MUDD4188.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

same here live lines like opening a box of pringles once you start thats it you're not going to stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ohmigod, first Bon Jovi, now "Fronk" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ah that was the best livline in ages, just pure comedy gold, might have to listen to it again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

adverts.ie just got a mention on Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Skid wrote: »
    No! That was Brilliant. I have no idea what was going on, but it was brilliant!

I was referring to yer one's screeching. The show itself was madness personified and, as you say, therefore todally, loike, AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Lapin wrote: »
    Women who can't sing, Joe's buddy picks a fight with Bon Jovi and more rubbish and whinging binmen today.

Can't wait. :(

I heard the intro to Liveline on Ronan Collins today, Joe said the binmen would be on again and I rang in, I was on the road during yesterdays programme and couldnt get through. I eventually got through to a researcher and told her that I wanted to comment on the binman dispute.

I worked as a binman in London 20 years ago, I also have a truck licence so i think I'm somehow qualified to talk about this. Esentially I told Liveline that what the binmen were saying is shameful to any taxpayer, they do not have a position for life and if they were working in a private company and were told to move from driving a truck to working in the warehouse at the same pay they could either take it or go work somewhere else. The attitude of these lads was that they should be (well) paid to do one job and they should not show any form of flexibility, even refusing to go into work this week.

One of my main gripes was the €60 per week they get for "working outside", even though they applied originally for the job of a binman which every dog in the street knows involves working outside, they still feel aggrieved that they might not be getting it, its part and parcel of the culture of entitlement that exists in some jobs.

I explained my points reasonably, no shouting or getting excited and I told her that I can prove that I worked in those jobs. I honestly think that my points were far better than that of the council binman and in general my view is that they wouldnt last 3 months in the private sector.

They said they would ring back, they never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

bijapos wrote: »

They said they would ring back, they never did.

Can you sing though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

bijapos wrote: »
    I explained my points reasonably, no shouting or getting excited and I told her that I can prove that I worked in those jobs. I honestly think that my points were far better than that of the council binman and in general my view is that they wouldnt last 3 months in the private sector..

I was out cruising around in the Bentley when I heard the show today. I think the core points about the binmen is this:

The Government is giving them option of another job (which would never happen in a private business).. The Government is prepared to create a job for them so that they are not out of pocket.. If they dont like it, they can go and get another job in the private sector.. But either way they they dont need to worry about paying their bills, unlike everybody in the private sector...

They should be thankful for this, not giving out to Joe Duffy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Regarding the singing.. I thought this was funny.. And I love Veronica Dunne, I think she's great. I was initially very sad to hear that she had died, and then relieved to hear that she wasnt... She also cut through all the pretentious twaddle be peddled by the others.. "Just get on with it".. and she was right.. I saw the One To One with her on RTE a few months ago, and she was brilliant on it..

As for Brush Shiels... I was always aware of the row about Skid Row.. but it got me thinking... Noel Bridgeman, Gary Moore, Phil Lynott... all very talented guys.. Could you imagine if what they could have been if they'd replaced Brush????

I was out cruising around in the Bentley when I heard the show today. I think the core points about the binmen is this:

[/B].

I lol'ed at this. You remind me of my friend who recently had a run of good fortune. He got offered a new job with a lot more money, and went into work to resign, luckily for him on the same day that they were asking for volunteer redundancies which he volunteered for. He went to another of our friends who has been out of work for quite some time and said were they interested in a job. They said, "of course, do you know something?" to which he replied, "Well... I was thinking about getting a butler".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Appalling show today.

I think its on its last legs to be honest. To me, the ABC1 advertisers have deserted it because the show is catering only for E types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

syklops wrote: »
    I lol'ed at this. You remind me of my friend who recently had a run of good fortune. He got offered a new job with a lot more money, and went into work to resign, luckily for him on the same day that they were asking for volunteer redundancies which he volunteered for. He went to another of our friends who has been out of work for quite some time and said were they interested in a job. They said, "of course, do you know something?" to which he replied, "Well... I was thinking about getting a butler".

Your friend's name wasn't Ross by any chance? Son of Charles O'Carroll-Kelly?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Government is giving them option of another job (which would never happen in a private business).. The Government is prepared to create a job for them so that they are not out of pocket.. If they dont like it, they can go and get another job in the private sector.. But either way they they dont need to worry about paying their bills, unlike everybody in the private sector...

They should be thankful for this, not giving out to Joe Duffy about it.

Exactly, just like all the people working in the planning offices - what the hell are they doing now eh? :confused::confused: :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

withless wrote: »
    Appalling show today.

I think its on its last legs to be honest. To me, the ABC1 advertisers have deserted it because the show is catering only for E types.

the standard is really going down day by day now. duffys screwed up what was a good show with his gutter topics n whinges rather then debates. Id say lyons tea r kicking themselves now for wasting sponsorship money on that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

neris wrote: »
    the standard is really going down day by day now. duffys screwed up what was a good show with his gutter topics n whinges rather then debates. Id say lyons tea r kicking themselves now for wasting sponsorship money on that

What really annoys me is that he spent most of today's show talking about singing voices to two "maestros" who were so far up their own arses, especially that American eejit, yet a few weeks ago when there was plenty of talk on the news about a backlash against the household charge/property tax, the issue wasn't even raised on his show. I can't believe that not one person rang up the show to talk about it.

There seems to be some new 'broadcasting' tax coming in. I wonder if this will get discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

withless wrote: »
    There seems to be some new 'broadcasting' tax coming in. I wonder if this will get discussed?

It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle this... then again I though the same when the autopsy of Gerry Ryan's death came out.

Is that a big white elephant I see in the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

miketv wrote: »
    It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle this... then again I though the same when the autopsy of Gerry Ryan's death came out.

Is that a big white elephant I see in the corner...

anyone hear pat rabbit on newtalk this morning say how rte's stars were fantastic and were the first to take a paycut of 30%. what was joe on before. Id say theres about much chance of this being discussed as there is on bon jovi ringing in

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

anyone hear pat rabbit on newtalk this morning say how rte's stars were fantastic and were the first to take a paycut of 30%. what was joe on before. Id say theres about much chance of this being discussed as there is on bon jovi ringing in

You could hear Ivan grinding his teeth in the background

Savage cuts i doubt it:mad:

I missed it but I would say Joe would point out he does not get a salary and is in fact a contractor(which might mean he didn't get no 30% pay cut). Might be an interesting FOI request.

• Advertisement

Heat, water, light, flushing the toilet, collect the bins, wash the clothes, Ryan Tubridy, Joe Duffy, Winning Streak.

Uh Uh.

If people fall for this one then we are finished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement