Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

DuckStab wrote: »
    Joe cost a woman her job,

In what part of the show did he do that? Maybe I'll listen back? Not the same without this thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Well that was my point Skid.. he has cost us billions certainly, but people seem to ignore the billions that he has pulled in over the years... Not saying that that makes everything alright, but you have to give a bit of balance..

The man did do substantial good for the State, not like the other people we are picking up the tab for... i.e. Ray Grehan, Sean Dunne, David Drumm, etc etc. .. They did NO good for the State, just for themselves..

Alright, that's a fair point. But I still think his recent conduct has been disgraceful and completely overshadows his achievements (reckless gambling, taking cash from Quinn Insurance to pay for his losses, hiding assets from the Receivers, huge dividends to family etc etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Really losing any reason to listen to Liveline these days.. It's just plain boring and "safe", a bit like Tubridy's Late Late Show... Nothing spontaneous, everything predictable to be point of almost being choreographed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

surferdudz wrote: »
    this wise crack is nit picking...

sorry just saw this, did you think my post was nit picking?

if so, i dont think so, joe says he got hard to understand their timetable sheet because of the word alternative or alternate, considering he's had a problem with greyhound all week whether it was it was the smell, cost, collection, i found it amazing that off all things he could'nt understand, was the collection leaflets.

sorry just saw this, did you think my post was nit picking?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about that smart ass that rang in picking holes in the headed letter sent out by the company..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Really losing any reason to listen to Liveline these days.. It's just plain boring and "safe", a bit like Tubridy's Late Late Show... Nothing spontaneous, everything predictable to be point of almost being choreographed..

Ah now, Jonathon, ah now.........................................god bless you, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

are those aul freaks in today or is it next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

neris wrote: »
    are those aul freaks in today or is it next week?

By aul freaks you mean is it funny friday? If it is I am writing another email of complaint. I hate funny friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

syklops wrote: »
    By aul freaks you mean is it funny friday? If it is I am writing another email of complaint. I hate funny friday.

It's next Friday, when Brush Shiels will perform 'Living On A Prayer'.

On mandolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Unfunny Friday - next week (you've been warned, earmuffs €7 in Aldi)

Today - who knows.....what chance he'll talk about Doubalin bins, make puns about Greyhounds, put on more moaning pensioners :(

If misery loves company, it adores Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

After yesterdays attempt at 'public service broadcasting' we will probably revisit some other old chestnut.

It's next Friday, when Brush Shiels will perform 'Living On A Prayer'.On mandolin.

Nah, Joe has more of an affinity with this track..

1992_keep0faith.jpg

He likes this one too...

edd7b3b3a6f922f1f1cfd566df8e1ea0.199.jpg

:D....and should have all of this bands stuff,

slr98.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

The Broadcasting Charge.

The cuts to the health service announced recently.

Minister Noonan saying people emigrate just because they like getting away from their parents ('cos his kids did)

The continuing campaigns against paying the bondholders, fighting the household charge, giving away the country's resources, etc etc

All of these topics will not be covered on today's Liveline.

can somebody tell me if i heard duffy correctly on the ronan collins show, at the end of him telling us it'll be a replay of yesterdays show, i could've swore he said '' or whatever you the listener, wants to talk about, the liveline is open now''

we all know that'll never happen, cos surely if it was upto the listeners well this listener anyway, he'd be trying to get jon bon jovi and brush shields on the phone trying to sort out the real problem thats deviding the country..who owns the name SKIDROW

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

More Whistle Blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

more tales of "locked" wards today

It's yesterday once more.

ffs.. I think I'm gonna lock myself in a ward..

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Joe is not going to get Louise her job back.

Neither is Richard Boyd Barrett and the SWP.

Her best bet, at this stage, is leaving the country.

• Advertisement

would the listeners who rang that show and wanted this discussed, identify yourselves now :mad:. nigella was it you

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm finding this boring, why is she on? Is she blowing whistles? Is she feeling bad for Louise? I don't know why this one is on, does Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Id nearly prefer funny friday at this stage:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

simpleton radio for simpletons by simpletons interacting with simpletons

Joe - make someone a scapegoat ! - never!!!

scapegoat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Noonan's outburst should really be discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

tears...................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

yo lady!!

TAKE YOUR MEDS

there is tears there somewhere, try harder woman, they will come

• Advertisement