Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have a good one Boardsies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

30 years on the medical card

The Irish Patients Association said there are approximately 1.67 million medical card holders in the country
    Indo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thats this weeks grimness done with.

I'm off to the pub

My grimness isn't done yet.

I'm off to the Sportsground to watch Connacht v Harlequins.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lapin wrote: »

ohhhhhh hope its not a whitewash, :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

My grimness isn't done yet.

Rugby has that effect on me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

pc7 wrote: »

Doubt so. It should be close enough I'd imagine. Only for the fact Hairyqueens have to get the win and hope Toulouse slip, I'd have gone for Connacht to take the game, as it is Harlequins to win, but only by a few points.

Hopefully Connacht to win though *, have a good night Lapin :D

* nothing to do with Toulouse being my fav. non-Irish team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

took a trip into easons today to get a copy of Tony McCoys autobiography and low and behold there on a shelf all for itself on special offer at an unbelievable price of 10 euro was the best buke of 2011, Just Joe.

i unfortunately didnt purchase a copy, and really regret it now :rolleyes:, but i still found it quite nice of the great man to lower the price so the ordinary folk, his people just might be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

took a trip into easons today to get a copy of Tony McCoys autobiography and low and behold there on a shelf all for itself on special offer at an unbelievable price of 10 euro was the best buke of 2011, Just Joe.

i unfortunately didnt purchase a copy, and really regret it now :rolleyes:, but i still found it quite nice of the great man to lower the price so the ordinary folk, his people just might be able to get it.

It was on sale in Hodges & Figges for under €10 well before Christmas, I have photo of it somewhere.

I'm waiting for the next fiver Friday myself when they'll be 2 for €5, t'will be cheaper than buying briquettes.

Edit: found the photo, taken on 18.12.11

Dec182011003.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

pc7 wrote: »
    europa11 wrote: »
    Doubt so. It should be close enough I'd imagine. Only for the fact Hairyqueens have to get the win and hope Toulouse slip, I'd have gone for Connacht to take the game, as it is Harlequins to win, but only by a few points.

Hopefully Connacht to win though *, have a good night Lapin :D

* nothing to do with Toulouse being my fav. non-Irish team ;)

I think its time I went home now :pac:.
    What a night !

I'm gonna have a hangover the size of Joe Duffy's wallet when I eventually wake up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

duffybook.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Who are the 'we' you speak of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Toxica wrote: »
    Please can you sign this petition we have set up for Louise Bayliss who was featured on Liveline on December 9th and lost her job after speaking out about conditions in St Brendan's Psychiatric Hospital, Grangegorman in North Dublin.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/louise-bayliss-job-reinstatement/

No, I wont, and you can blame Rich Boy Barrett and Louises' naivety...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Please can you sign this petition we have set up for Louise Bayliss who was featured on Liveline on December 9th and lost her job after speaking out about conditions in St Brendan's Psychiatric Hospital, Grangegorman in North Dublin.

By saying she was 'featured' on the program its as if she was set up by an investigative journalist or something. She rang up herself did she not? If I rang a radio station about a leaking tap in my office I would expect to be shown the door aswell.

I said it before, there are ways of bringing an issue to the attention of the authorities but none of them is ringing Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Eh no. Is ringing a radio talk show the normal way an advocacy group employee highlights an issue? Or are there other channels they go through? I'd suggest it's the latter. What she did was unprofessional and possibly a breach of her contract conditions.In fairness to her if I recall correctly it's not what she rang in about in the first place but Joe managed to get her to talk about St.Brendans instead to suit his own agenda. Louise went along with it.
    Not to worry,she will have her own advocate in Joe probably for the rest of the week and if she gets her job back,Joe will claim it as a victory for Livelaaane!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Callers to liveline get abuse and laughed at on this forum for their stupidity and now they want our sympathy. Take it the OP never actually read through this forum and thinks we all love joe for his fair & balanced "caller driven" whingefest show

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

She accepted that she shouldn't be allowed back to her job without some necessary training. (I assume the training is something like: "repeat after me - never ring RTE to talk about work").

Her employers say that they have no money for the training, so they have to let her go.

The answer is simple. Joe Duffy should offer to pay for the training out of his own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

neris wrote: »
    Callers to liveline get abuse and laughed at on this forum for their stupidity and now they want our sympathy. Take it the OP never actually read through this forum and thinks we all love joe for his fair & balanced "caller driven" whingefest show

In fairness, I think she's realised that at this stage as she is trying her best to delete the post. (I see she's in the newbie and FAQ forum asking the mods how to do it...)

She accepted that she shouldn't be allowed back to her job without some necessary training. (I assume the training is something like: "repeat after me - never ring RTE to talk about work").

Her employers say that they have no money for the training, so they have to let her go.

The answer is simple. Joe Duffy should offer to pay for the training out of his own pocket.[/QUOTE]

:D he certainly wont do that, but he might just dip into the THE FUND!!!

so the 1st thing thats dominating the liveline phones today :rolleyes: is people want to know who the taxi driver is that brought mr moush or watever he's called to dublin from the airport :rolleyes:

really joe, really, not a chance in hell.

To be fair the next 2 topics could make interesting listening, except for the sound of peter fitzpatricks voice

maybe we could set up a petition on that ipetitions site to have duffy replaced as presenter and another petition to have his salary reduced if the 1st doesnt work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Somebody on this thread complaining that Liveline is a 'whingefest'.............ha ha ha that's funny that is! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Nah, despite the five minute promo. its Misery Monday he'll be rattling the Greyhound bins again.

Don't know why Ronan Collins, who has little enough air-time as it is, even lets Joe spout on, he rarely, if ever, speaks about the same subjects he raises during his 'piece' during the RC Show.

Last week for instance a big expose was promised on Irish people involved in Mexican adoptions - a topic which made news headlines later in the week. unsuprisingly, not a peep from Uncle Joe as he went off setting his own agenda once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

What is the Irish advocacy network? another quango funded by mr and mrs taxpayer?

meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What is the Irish advocacy network? another quango funded by mr and mrs taxpayer?

meh.

I went to their site but tbh its a bit vague. I think they are basically consultants who have been through the system and they advise on making things better. So the fact that she whistle blew when she was actually in a position to advise changes makes her look like a complete eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

neris wrote: »
    maybe we could set up a petition on that ipetitions site to have duffy replaced as presenter and another petition to have his salary reduced if the 1st doesnt work

I set up a facebook page to campaign that the person who ran over JD should be nominated for person of the year, but facebook deleted it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

A70-11643

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

If i hear the words ,panda,greyhound,or breasts once Im off.

nosey guy wrote: »
    If i hear the words ,panda,greyhound,or breasts once Im off.

what about boobies? or Tits but thats usually mooneys 1

Ah the holy no wrong doing heads in the sand GAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

What are we moaning about today?
    Handbags?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement