Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

part of a massive problem in a large portion of our population is the sickly obsession with those that seek to find a medical problem with themselves and then become self piteous, unable to work and demanding a medical card

the medical card - the pinnacle of our entitlement culture - a sign that you have well and truly arrived in Entitlementville

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Ouch!
    She's had it rough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Lollers wrote: »
    I am the only who's feels for this girl. She stops her meds suddenly and she will get withdrawals which are very serious. She is not getting any other social welfare, has given her details to the Hse, which have not been responded to. Medication can be upwards of 400 per month.

Under the DPS the most you will pay in one month is €132 (this gets pushed up every budget though, I remember when it was €75 not so long ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    Chatterbox, weekdays at 3pm on RTE junior radio. School finishes at 3pm, so most kids arent home until about 3.30

Well done RTE.

but shure the traveller kiddies can avail of the service! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Ahh the irony, Sophie Pane.

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

my friend wrote: »
    part of a massive problem in a large portion of our population is the sickly obsession with those that seek to find a medical problem with themselves and then become self piteous, unable to work and demanding a medical card

the medical card - the pinnacle of our entitlement culture - a sign that you have well and truly arrived in Entitlementville

Ulceritive colitis and rheumatoid arthritis are very real and debilitating conditions, in fairness.

Subtitles please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Way too much about the health service on Liveline.. RTE should have a dedicated medical show if they want to down that route... I mean how does it make sense to employ all these people in the HSE to deal with people's complaints, and then when they dont deal with the complaints satisfactorily, they ring 400k a year Joe Duffy to act as intermediary..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Translator required

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Will someone please call an interpreter ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not a radio voice, like y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

my friend wrote: »

You're a f*cking idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hoy noy broyn coy. We didenn do naatthinn, hoy noy norn iron siccheeashun.

"Kicked in the testicles"

Bingo !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ah not this again. :rolleyes: I listened back to yeterdays show and watched the clip.

A big fuss about nothing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Verified: ''Kicked in the testicles'''

Hope thats in the official match report!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I can't follow whats happening -.-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Lollers wrote: »
    I am the only who's feels for this girl. She stops her meds suddenly and she will get withdrawals which are very serious. She is not getting any other social welfare, has given her details to the Hse, which have not been responded to. Medication can be upwards of 500 per month, depending on your needs.

She's probably not getting any SW payments because her husband has them over the income threshold.

Basically, she's more than able to pay until she gets sorted out but doesn't want to because she's "entitled to it".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Why do GAA people always use the phrase "you know" so many times in one sentence?

I think we can all agree this man will not be missed whenever he leaves this mortal coil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Such an embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well if joe has his way ye wont be in the final....be warned the power of duffy

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I can't follow whats happening -.-

To sum up:

Like, ya know, I didnt do nuthing, like ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

what is this guy saying?

You're a f*cking idiot.

the truth angers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

herdun izeginou portleeshhe likeyeno a kicinde bawlix likey'now and did spix fir itsilf like y'now jo hai donn in de freestadt spinnin gidd minney like'ynow hai.

Violence at a sporting event. Alert the media.

Oh wait.

Joe is such a pedant when he chooses, he can never hide his contempt for Nordies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh dear god, will you spit it out..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I love the fact that these guys were caught on camera and they are still denying it.

Usual Nordie "we did'in doy noythin" bull****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement