Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's things like this which will give Tyrone a bad name.

tyrone1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Everyone in dublin would love if everyone from somewhere else would go back home ,believe me.

No anti nothern bias here boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Sounded like a radio tuning in in the background.

I can't tell who is who now :o:o

"No wonder they go to soccer and rugby"

Yeah, cos it's better than bog ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This is the video, pretty much everyone involved is a player, sub or team official. There are three people involved who dont seem to be a part of any team and they aren't fighting, as far as I'm concerned when I played and was a sub I'd join in if I saw one of my own players getting a box, bit of shouting in the pub afterwards and it was usually forgotten by Monday morning.

Total bollix, blown out of all proportion by Duffy, someone who I doubt ever kicked a ball in his life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

europa11 wrote: »
    "There's good referees and there's bad referees"

ref1.jpg

I hear you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

6 of one and half a dozen of the other sums that fight up perfectly
    Yep. Watched the clip last night and was like WTF is all the fuss about. Load of lads throwing shapes and squaring up.

The fuss over this is way ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

ULSTER SAYS 'I DIDN'T SEE IT'.

"No nomination for Brendan Gleeson"

None for Michael Fassbender either Joe and Senna overlooked in the best documentary award. Sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I thought everyone was hoping for Fassbender, Gleeson didn't really spring to my mind anyway.

Brendan Gleeson's acting in The Guard is regarded as good within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

my friend wrote: »
    Joe's Hate List

-Shinners
    -Nordies
    -GAA

*feel free to add

Anyone who criticises so called public service broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

WAR HORSE got nominated!! its a bag of piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Big sulky bored head on Joe because Brenda Gleeson didn't get a nomination.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Did Joe just say that Tyrone GAA match was nominated in the Foreign Language category?

No joe,The Guard was utter poo.

Brendan Glesson has got to be the most over rated actor ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

bijapos wrote: »

This is the video, pretty much everyone involved is a player, sub or team official. There are three people involved who dont seem to be a part of any team and they aren't fighting, as far as I'm concerned when I played and was a sub I'd join in if I saw one of my own players getting a box, bit of shouting in the pub afterwards and it was usually forgotten by Monday morning.

Total bollix, blown out of all proportion by Duffy, someone who I doubt ever kicked a ball in his life.

I do agree with you to a point - but if you have a free for all like that eventually someone is going to get a serious injury. I was a U16 game before and saw some big fat f**ker of an aul lad thumping a 15 year old.
    Taking the physicality out of the game is a different argument to taking the thuggery out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The joe duffy show was just mentioned in the Dail. He's famous now.

I'm disgusted that Human Centipede 2 was overlooked for an Oscar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I didnt think Brendan Gleesons performance was Oscar material. Not that he didnt act well, its just there wasnt a lot to do, just a lot of sitting around drinking, and saying f*ck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

nosey guy wrote: »
    No joe,The Guard was utter poo.

Brendan Glesson has got to be the most over rated actor ever.

But, but, but .......he's Irish :(

Joe my medical card is stuck in my bowel joe.

Yeah its terrible joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Ah theres some good parenting, stopping to ring liveline when the son is in hospital. "never mind the dialysis luvvv im talkiin to Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That_Guy wrote: »
    Brendan Gleeson's acting in The Guard is regarded as good within Ireland.
    Joe reckons he deserved a nomination? I mean, seriously, there is parochialism and there is Joe. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I reckon if someone got a look at the books in the organisation there'd be some hair raising stuff in there. A rotten, poorly run organisation in every aspect other than getting that cash.

The vast majority of clubs are run very well, properly and are run by volunteers, unless you have some evidence to prove the opposite.
    scargill wrote: »
    this is bull, it's not going to be solved today. He said, she said, they said, he started the row, no he started the row.
    It's a GAA problem - not something that liveline can solve.

The GAA just needs to kick teams out of competitions if a melee breaks out involving subs, crowds, etc. It's the only way to stamp it out.

This mumbler on saying that it's a man's game and they should be able to take a thump. janey mack. A fair shoulder and a some pushing between players, fair enough, but rows with 20 players with arms and legs swinging isn't part of the game!

It is a part of the game, its a physical adrenaline fuelled game, different to Soccer. Watch Rugby and Ice Hockey and there id plenty of handbags in it as well. A 30 second fight does not mean a total breakdown in a sport.

Bill McLaren the great Rugby commentator had a great expression for it: "The argy bargy of the beefy citizens".

Seriously its blown out of all proportion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Itssoeasy wrote: »

For nearly sinking the ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

But, but, but .......he's Irish :(

or as they say ooop North.......A Freestater :rolleyes: !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Itssoeasy wrote: »

What :eek: The Dail sits while LiveLine is on.. shocking..:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

This medical card thing is BS

Look, there is a MAXIMUM anyone has to spend on meds per month (€132)

even someone on the dole could afford €132 if their life depended on it

if they were stuck for cash they could hit up the Community Welfare Officer

Quit the BS Joe

dispense this information.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/entitlements/Drugs_Payment_Scheme/
    Under the Drugs Payment Scheme, an individual or family in Ireland only has to pay €132 each month for approved prescribed drugs, medicines and certain appliances for use by that person or his or her family in that month. The amount is determined from time to time by the Minister for Health and Children. If you have a GP Visit Card or do not have a Medical Card you should apply for a Drugs Payment Scheme Card.

This scheme is aimed at those who don't have a Medical Card and normally have to pay the full cost of their medication. It also applies to those who have a GP Visit Card. Anyone ordinarily resident in Ireland can apply to join the scheme, regardless of family, financial circumstances or nationality. Being ordinarily resident in Ireland means that you have been living here for a minimum of one year or that you intend to live here for a minimum of one year.

The definition of a family for this Scheme, is an adult, their spouse, and any children under 18 years. Dependents over 18 years and under 23 years who are in full time education may also be included. Everyone ordinarily resident in Ireland without a Medical Card should have a Drugs Payment Scheme Card.

You will not pay more than €132 for all your prescribed approved medication each calendar month. This maximum amount is subject to review by the Government from time to time. You must present your card each time you attend the pharmacy before a prescription can be dispensed. For details of the maximum amount please refer to the Drugs Payment Scheme and Medical Card rates leaflet. There are a number of items that legally do not require a prescription but for inclusion under the scheme they do require a doctor's prescription.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement