Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

3 people in 2 days who spent 3 months in bed. Interesting.

Also, let's provide state sponsored baby-sitters to open depressed peoples post for them :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Really looking forward to Paolo Tullio over on Moncrieff after all this misery today. :)

He's always good for a laugh.

Better than any Funny Friday shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

See ye Monday, this depressing shlte is bad enough, fcuked if I'm going to put with Doc, Brush, Clint, Balloon Rogers and Muttley coming out with their condescending and ancient "jokes" tomorrow.

Bad enough knowing they're going to be just a few blocks away from me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

How many suicides are the funny friday crew going to cause tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh and the way that Joe goes on about how everything going wrong with medical cards/etc based on the calls their receiving - that might have something to do with the fact that people who don't have problems don't ring liveline, so their numbers are always going to be scewed...

I mean they've said something in the region of 100,000 medical cards are being processed and maybe 10 people have been on liveline, not really a representative bunch, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I did a bit of work for the Rehab office on Steamboat Quay... There is no steamboat there, I was disappointed..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

wow june rodgers on funny friday with noel v ginnity, now thats a comedy line up. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

syklops wrote: »
    You had me until here. Any solution involving medicine in Ireland must have massive amounts of bureaucracy attached to it. Its as necessary as the funding. You should know that by now.

Its like the Water Meters

we are going down a crazy path, installing Meters everywhere

there was a less costly solution

€100 for say 100k Litres (random over amount)

then if you feel you are paying too much, pay for a water meter and only pay €50pa for 50k litres...... just an example as to how we dont need to install meters EVERYWHERE

but we don't like simple solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I did a bit of work for the Rehab office on Steamboat Quay... There is no steamboat there, I was disappointed..:(

Ring Joe, he'll DEMAND that one is provided. Sure, sure... we'll critique your contribution on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

europa11 wrote: »
    See ye Monday, this depressing shlte is bad enough, fcuked if I'm going to put with Doc, Brush, Clint, Balloon Rogers and Muttley coming out with their condescending and ancient "jokes" tomorrow.

Bad enough knowing they're going to be just a few blocks away from me :mad:

Go over to whatever hotel they`re in tonight, and have a pint with Joe - he a man of the people you know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

What does Joe spend his money on? Lots of holidays? Art?

He's hardly just letting it mount up in his account, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I get the feeling that the people who are experiencing delays with their medical cards are making an absolute balls of their applications.

It's a bit rich to say that. I sent in absolutely everything required (triple checked, confirmed by others.) Twice since with an interval of around 6 weeks each time i was asked to send in two additional documents that were never asked for on the original form. It is the suspicion of many that department workers were told, especially before the budget, to delay peoples applications, but really i don't give a sh1t if that's the reason or not, i'd just like my card. Bar these last few months, I've worked hard and paid my taxes all my adult life, and i hope to be back to work soon, it just would have been nice not to be financially stressed up to the eyeballs in the meantime, when i did the right thing and sought the help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

manual_man wrote: »
    It's a bit rich to say that. I sent in absolutely everything required (triple checked, confirmed by others.) Twice since with an interval of around 6 weeks each time i was asked to send in two additional documents that were never asked for on the original form. It is the suspicion of many that department workers were told, especially before the budget, to delay peoples applications, but really i don't give a sh1t if that's the reason or not, i'd just like my card. Bar these last few months, I've worked hard and paid my taxes all my adult life, and i hope to be back to work soon, it just would have been nice not to be financially stressed up to the eyeballs in the meantime, when i did the right thing and sought the help

Perhaps you should post here, better advice maybe on offer.
    It looks like you have been kicked about by the HSE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

peep oles

ees like dis

de IMF and the ECB cannot BELIEVE that we dispense top notch drugs for free to so many

the delay is most likely so as they dont notice the jumps on the balance sheet that will kill the golden goose for all

people in Ireland complain about the Nanny State, they complain about lack of access to entitlements BUT alot of these people dont realise how good they have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What does Joe spend his money on?

Toy Fire Engines.

Honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Sounds like the 'wonderful' service from the salt of the earth postmen might be responsible for 1 or 2 of the missing letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

**** you Joe with your fake sighing. You don't give a **** what happened to this man's family, you are just thinking about ratings and advertising. :mad:

that's a bit harsh.... He's not just solely interested in ratings and advertising.. he's also trying to flog his book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

wow :eek: 966 pages on this alone? whats the tread about? i was loking for anglas ashes and i came here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

tonyheaney wrote: »
    wow :eek: 966 pages on this alone? whats the tread about? i was loking for anglas ashes and i came here :confused:

Erm...its about "Liveline" (aka The Joe Duffy Appreciation Society)

The clue is in the title. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

tonyheaney wrote: »
    i was loking for anglas ashes

if it's misery you're looking for, you've come to the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

6767048307_8d0e84e197.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

if it's misery you're looking for, you've come to the right place.

*Dreaming about the luxury of Angla's ashes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

my friend wrote: »
    I note thats the PC Minstrel ....

do you remember these boyos?

50314_152806536307_6955561_n.jpg

Any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

signostic wrote: »
    I feel for this man...he is still in shock and Duffy should not have put him on the radio...

422929_180983172003721_100002761172722_230806_1760639921_n.jpg

But you see..the devil must be fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The delays in Medical cards is down to the reducing staff numbers in the PS. Medical cards was centralised to the Finglas office. They have less than half the staff that were working in the local Medical Cards offices. Those staff have been redeployed to other roles filling voids left by retiring staff/leaving staff. Now the finglas staff is understaffed.

The finglas office is snowed under, they are out of their depth. They have also outsourced work to a call centre to handle the complaints (in effect employing more staff). Its ridiculous

That is the reality of the reforms and staff reductions that everyone seems to be calling for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

rollercoaster1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

neris wrote: »
    Ray Darcys just been taking the pi55 out of duffy and his love of fire engines. Reading out some quotes of what makes celebrities happy and really have to say that after joes quote about fire engines and fire engine sirens joe has a sad little life

He is entitled to like Fire Engines or whatever he wants.

It's when he gives four days of Liveline over to finding a home for a Model Train Set that it becomes a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

neris wrote: »
    Ray Darcys just been taking the pi55 out of duffy and his love of fire engines. Reading out some quotes of what makes celebrities happy and really have to say that after joes quote about fire engines and fire engine sirens joe has a sad little life

So what if Joe likes fire engines? Different strokes and all that...

Ray D'arcy should take a good long look at himself before proceeding to take the p*ss out of other people's interests. Hasn't he left the country yet? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

telekon wrote: »
    So what if Joe likes fire engines? Different strokes and all that...

Ray D'arcy should take a good long look at himself before proceeding to take the p*ss out of other people's interests. Hasn't he left the country yet? :rolleyes:

Oh he said that promise was just a joke. Ha ha, ray, ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Forecast: Dull depression, extremely wet with dark clouds for long periods, definitely overcast with an imminent shower looming and a captive audience.

But that's enough about what it's like inside The Clarion Hotel today, I'm off for a late lunchtime stroll in the winter sunshine before Moncreiff -- and definitely no Lyons Tea with the sangwidges.

May I be among the first to say, I'm off! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement