Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

How is it only turning quater past two??

Boring -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Twigster wrote: »
    I live in the same estate, it's not an issue of paying a mortgage, it's about people fulfilling a contract they signed and not leaving an estate in an unsafe state.

If its in a contract has legal action been taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Horrible situation for these people to be in, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Would they not fill in the hole themselves rather than wait for something to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

She has a cool accent.......and a drainhole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I live in the same estate, it's not an issue of paying a mortgage, it's about people fulfilling a contract they signed and not leaving an estate in an unsafe state.

Were you put off by the name of the estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

2e5c93fc5fcb277c88837e18ff8cc0457a7fca8111619946438d95dfe05706db.jpg

That's 18 Maudlin's Vale.. Doesnt look that bad tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

"The Height".........dumdumdum

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

If its in a contract has legal action been taken?

All that's left is high court action which doesn't come cheap and is fairly risky given that there's no guarantees anything would come of it, there is an arbitration procedure which developer just ignored.

Its smells like meath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

People buying off the plans..handing over extra money on the word of some spoofer...cant sympathise with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Just reading this board. is there any subject that can be discussed on liveline without people on here taking the mickey or the usual shut up next caller please?

I have no problem with people coming on talking about the problems in housing estates that have not been finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Does it really matter what they paid for the houses? The issue is the unfinished estate not the price they paid. They were happy to borrow that and happy to pay that price.
    The estate being unfinished is the issue.

All that's left is high court action which doesn't come cheap and is fairly risky given that there's no guarantees anything would come of it, there is an arbitration procedure which developer just ignored.

How strong is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Floppybits wrote: »
    Just reading this board. is there any subject that can be discussed on liveline without people on here taking the mickey or the usual shut up next caller please?

I have no problem with people coming on talking about the problems in housing estates that have not been finished.

No, sure that's the point of this thread, isn't it? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The above is the whole point of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

this is v.boring...

Were you put off by the name of the estate?

Haha no, i think there was a leper cemetery or something back in the day so the area where the estate is called the Maudlins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just reading this board. is there any subject that can be discussed on liveline without people on here taking the mickey?

eh... no!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe mentions the politicians (rightly!) who allowed this situation to fester during the Tiger years (Adamstown, etc.).

Pity he forgot to squeek in a word about the national broadcaster that acted as willing cheerleader for the property madness.

• Advertisement

Does it really matter what they paid for the houses? The issue is the unfinished estate not the price they paid. They were happy to borrow that and happy to pay that price.
    The estate being unfinished is the issue.

You rarely get the full picture. We're only getting one side.

Having said that i.'s difficult to have any great level of sympathy for any developer

Haha no, i think there was a leper cemetery or something back in the day so the area where the estate is called the Maudlins

It's more likely that the developer just didn'tknow what Maudlin means and thought it sounded posh or something. Some bizarre names to estates around the country now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I saw someone walking on a path Joe, they could have fallen Joe and died Joe. But they didn't and they were grand. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I just took a spin down there via google street view. 6 foot high temporary fencing, Manhole covers protruding 3 inches above the road surface, 30 foot mounds of topsoil being mentioned now......

The place is a f'n disgrace and if the developer did make any money out of it he should be strung up.

This has probably been mentioned and is a silly question but why wasnt the estate finished?

Did the builder go bust or what?

How strong is the case?

Well the place is left unfinished, as for one sided he was given the chance to put his side across today and refused.

pc7 wrote: »
    I saw someone walking on a path Joe, they could have fallen Joe and died Joe. But they didn't and they were grand. :rolleyes:

The kids were on the bikes doing kids stuff joe.

They could have fallen on the raiings joe.

They didnt Joe.

Its a disgrace Joe.

Lapin wrote: »
    I just took a spin down there via google street view. 6 foot high temporary fencing, Manhole covers protruding 3 inches above the road surface, 30 foot mounds of topsoil being mentioned now......

The place is a f'n disgrace and if the developer did make any money out of it he should be strung up.

It is a disgrace and the developer should be gone after. he should be gone after by the council rather than the residents. Surely they have a responsibility after taking the development levies and giving the planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This lad has just admitted that he lets his son play (on his bike) in an area that he KNOWS to be unsafe.. Surely it's his responsibility to keep his son safe, not to let him play and then retrospectively say "well my son was injured because of the builder"..

• Advertisement

Well the place is left unfinished, as for one sided he was given the chance to put his side across today and refused.

Is he still in business and if so what are the reasons for leaving the estate unfinished?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement