Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Complete silence from the ASTI today ? Probably wont hear from them until the next discussion of increments when they will be playing the poor mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"Why should I have to pay 3 times than other parents, just because I have 3 children?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

If Joe told me he couldnt afford the fees he'd get such a kick in the bollix for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

syklops wrote: »
    "Why should I have to pay 3 times than other parents, just because I have 3 children?"

I was thinking the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

nosey guy wrote: »
    Lay off the gear there kevin,you might remember the words you are trying to spit out.

Lots of brits in ireland thesedays.

And that's a problem why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Just noticing a lot more enthusaism on the boards on a monday..

As the week progresses,and grinds you down,it really is hard to take.

Keep the faith people ,keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

what happens if a parent decides not to pay?
    does the child not get to sit the mock?

Ah, the 3:54 ad break.

Chances of a balanced discussion occurring falling into minus figures.

This overweight ad wrecks my head too... All I want now is a doughnut...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

3 twins?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

And that's a problem why?

Who said there was a problem,its a statement of fact.

Maybe call joe about my post there.

Oh and the music they use to advertise Mooney makes me want to shoot the radio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'I'm not overweight, I just have big bones'

It sounded much better when Cartman said it

eric-cartman.jpg

dulpit wrote: »
    This overweight ad wrecks my head too... All I want now is a doughnut...

Are those big bones in your womans belly

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Ah, the 3:54 ad break.

Chances of a balanced discussion occurring falling into minus figures.

Imagine if this was still going on at five to four...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joe is going home this evening clutching two short straws and is gonna get the 3 twins to draw lots over which one gets to do the leaving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The free money you get from the government for having a child can go towards paying these school charges.

Well you dont have to do Transition Year, so you dont have to pay the TY fee.

That said, TY was the most valuable year I did, so I would say definitely do it.

I have principles Joe.

I wont be paying that principle to the principal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Get rid of your NTL, kids mobiles, play stations, DS lites etc and see if you can afford it in these tough times. I hate that Joe never asks this kind of question.

• Advertisement

Imagine if this was still going on at five to four...

Sorry Im an hour ahead. But yeah, imagine a 2 hour liveline :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Could the Schools not arrange a swap where School A corrects School B's exams and vice versa, no fee necessary?

RTE is supposed to be a public service Joe.

Is that why you get paid 400k per year

pc7 wrote: »
    Get rid of your NTL, kids mobiles, play stations, DS lites etc and see if you can afford it in these tough times. I hate that Joe never asks this kind of question.

Or what kind of car the drive.

"Its only an 08"
    "An 08 what Mary?"
    "An 08 Mercedes SUV"
    "Well could you not downgrade it?"
    "But I need that car Joe, I need it"

Skid wrote: »
    Could the Schools not arrange a swap where School A corrects School B's exams and vice versa, no fee necessary?

But its meant to be marked by a professional. Its meant to be a simulation of the real exam.

Sure at the end of the exam why dont they just get them to swap with the student next to them and call out the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Skid wrote: »

Unfortunately, that would be a common sense arrangement which does away with the perk of giving the papers to retired and student teachers and anyone else 'suitably qualified' to collect off this lucrative nixer.

But its meant to be marked by a professional. Its meant to be a simulation of the real exam.

Sure at the end of the exam why dont they just get them to swap with the student next to them and call out the answers.

But even the leaving certificates are marked by teachers, so swapping them between schools (or marking them in-house) is not that big a difference...

dulpit wrote: »
    But even the leaving certificates are marked by teachers, so swapping them between schools (or marking them in-house) is not that big a difference...

Alright I got nothing.

Maybe its stuff like this that An Bord Snip nua should have been suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Lapin wrote: »
    All streets named after Daniel O'Connell are disasters.

My mother's maiden name is O Connell. Her father was dead years before I was born. Most O Connell streets have a statue of the man himself. My mam decided to tell my sister and I that Daniel O Connell was our grandfather.

Every time we went to a town/city with his statue we would wave out the car window to "Grandad". Even worse we would then proceed to go to school the next day and very proudly tell the teacher and rest of the class that we saw our grandfather's statue at the weekend . . . :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

europa11 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that would be a common sense arrangement which does away with the perk of giving the papers to retired and student teachers and anyone else 'suitably qualified' to collect off this lucrative nixer.

Mock papers are not lucrative really. The student may pay €7 for a paper to be corrected, the corrector will only get €2-3 (varies on subject, english will pay a little more). Then less tax its not really something I would personally have any interest in doing.

I am a recently qualified teacher and applied to correct and was rejected by one company as I needed more than 3 years experience apparently (The state exams commission doesn't even require that). The common complaint of the mocks being badly marked is that teachers often burden themselves with far too many papers and don't put the time into them because the pay is so crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement