Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Joe is very subtly urging people not to pay the charge. he doesn't have the balls of course to call it as he feels and just organise a boycott.

Mybe he should also have a dig at RTE who take tens of millions of tax money as a subsidy on top of the licence fee and advertising fee. Seems the millions they get out of that still isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

signostic wrote: »
    Whats in the background? - holy stones of Clonrichert - class 2 relic 1
    this photo is from the hill walking website

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Taxi drivers V The World Liveline tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He's going to steer well clear of any chat about the Household Charge once its combined with the Broadcasting Fee.

Have to screen those callers Joe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I expect that Stolen Tabernacle story to feature on tomorrow's Liveline

It sounds right up Duffy's Alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Don't question Joe. Joe knows

eurotrip-mi-scusi-wallpaper-76942.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Taxi drivers V The World Liveline tomorrow

+ a nationwide appeal for the return of a €10,000 tabernacle to the poor Catholic Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Syl Fox should start off by trying to tell one funny joke in an hour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Syl Fox will be on with Mooney.

Click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Syl Fox should start off by trying to tell one funny joke in an hour..

Yeah.

• Advertisement

Syl Fox should try to tell one funny joke ..

fixed that for you...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

It took the man 4 years to do nothing. It makes perfect sense that we keep him on. Ireland 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mr Appleby has "decided" to stay on for six months... So no doubt a) the Government have fired a load more money at him and b) Joe Duffy will claim responsibility for changing his mind tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Think the garda should set up a sting operation using the chair and the bear

For the life of me,the point in highlighting this memorial ...was..????

Wasnt duffy bangin on about people stealing any copper or brass they could get their hands on just b4 xmas there..:confused::confused::confused:???

Slow news day ,leads to stolen chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Highlight of yesterday's show has to be Joe nailing his colors to the mast over Saipan.

"It'd be like Roy Keane walking out in the middle of the World Cup."

"Well he did."

Boom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Any chance of getting Magda on the line today? even though John Murray did a good job of debunking the story this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

He's going to talk about the broadcast tax. I have a good feeling about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

He's going to talk about the broadcast tax. I have a good feeling about it.

Would ya get out of it! Thats never going to be discussed. EVER.

Mr Appleby has "decided" to stay on for six months... So no doubt a) the Government have fired a load more money at him and b) Joe Duffy will claim responsibility for changing his mind tomorrow.

Looks like a good call there JA, played the first caller on it yesterday (the fella that sounded like Dustin) during his Ronan Collins spot and seemed in triumphant mood about it all. Needless to say all praise to "our" callers for changing gubbernment policy while throwing a predictably favourable nod in the direction of Joe's old friends, Fianna Fail, for "raising the issue" in the Dail later on.

Warning: Think I heard something about the never-ending saga regarding Greyhound bins too :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Maybe he should discuss this first, http://www.bai.ie/?p=2121 , the draft code of fairness, objectivity and impartiality in news and current affairs, with particular reference to the Statutory Duties of Broadcasters which contains the following 3 rules.
    1. Every broadcaster shall ensure that all news broadcast by the broadcaster is reported
    and presented in an objective and impartial manner, and without any expression of
    the broadcaster‟s own views.
    2. Every broadcaster shall ensure that the broadcast treatment of current affairs,
    including matters which are either of public controversy or the subject of current public
    debate, is fair to all interests concerned, is presented in an objective and impartial
    manner and without any expression of the broadcaster‟s own views.
    3. Should it prove impracticable to apply rule 2 in relation to a single broadcast, two or
    more related broadcasters may be considered as a whole, if the broadcasts are
    transmitted within a reasonable period of each other.

I'm sure rule 2 will be broke on a daily basis so we may need two episodes of Liveline per day to balance things out. Duffy even had a dig again at TG4 because of their program about Mna na IRA in his weekend newspaper coulum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

to paraphrase someone else - 8000 public servants applied for early retirement, the government have asked 1 of those to stay on, shows what they think of the other 7,999.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

barryd09 wrote: »
    Would ya get out of it! Thats never going to be discussed. EVER.

The Broadcast Tax; A good idea, or a great idea? Five wun dubble five wun!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Maybe he should discuss this first, http://www.bai.ie/?p=2121 , the draft code of fairness, objectivity and impartiality in news and current affairs, with particular reference to the Statutory Duties of Broadcasters which contains the following 3 rules.

I'm sure rule 2 will be broke on a daily basis so we may need two episodes of Liveline per day to balance things out. Duffy even had a dig again at TG4 because of their program about Mna na IRA in his weekend newspaper coulum.

just heard that there on the news and the 1st thing i thought of was joe the closet shinner

"absolute chaos" and Joes off with the histerics already and the shows not even 60 seconds old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"They have to pay a salary to the guard replacing me, and they have to pay me a pension"

Yeah that's how retirement works, what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

help Joe, some b?ll?x has nicked me chair:

sooty72.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Did he say magic farmer???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Propaganda FM.. the public service will trundle on like the money pit it always has been..the difference to the "man on the street" will be minimal at best.

This guy is full of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The remaining Garda/Nurses/Teachers etc need to get the finger out

• Advertisement

id say this guy was brutal in the interview room with suspects. they would have fallen asleep before they got to the details of the crime

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement