Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

€300 is 60 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

A certain section of society like to splash out on this particular event...

even getting into debt.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Must be a temp researcher on today, no wonder Duffy is in a snot with all these rogue callers getting through. How quick will Joe do a 180 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dulpit wrote: »
    Joe is being an awful fúcking cúnt today (had to break out the fadas to get my point across), isn't he?

He is coming across as a complete wanker today. Agnes rang up and to make a good and balanced point and just because he does not agree with her, he is being like this.

Wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

People get this money because they are Catholic - just crazy in a 'modern' republic!

And not a cent for the ole circumcisions! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

She thinks she's such a good minister, Joan Bruton, she can't even get her name right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Park Royal wrote: »
    A certain section of society like to splash out on this particular event...

even getting into debt.....

careful_now.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe is being an awful fúcking cúnt today (had to break out the fadas to get my point across), isn't he?

Today?? I think you mean everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I personally couldn't give two sh1ts about this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

HolyJoe1.jpg

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah Joe stop with the green jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

A school my friends kids go to implemented a scheme where they school purchased some sort of unisex robes, all the kids wear them, its a one off charge of €20 per kid which includes cleaning and the candle they use.

Stopped all the crap, saved people a fortune.

Joe pushing the populist angle on this, equates this with TDs expenses, just waiting now for a mention of Anglo-Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"A miserable 100 euros"

All those 100 euros add up Joe. Bet you wouldn't be so enthusiastic if it was for something non-Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Must be a temp researcher on today, no wonder Duffy is in a snot with all these rogue callers getting through. How quick will Joe do a 180 ?

I'd say he is being inundated with calls from people saying it should be cut.

Expect 180 any second now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Hang on, hang on. Joe is suggesting that money should be given from welfare to pay for a day out in pub, because it will stay in the economy????

FFFFFFUUUUUUU

:mad::mad:

using that logic , it would be wise to jack up the payment to 10 k per head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

My jaw is on the floor today, what's with all the sensible callers ?

Lads, he must be lulling us into a false sense of security for something ?!!

joes never seen those traveller programmes on communion days by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

You can't keep using 'well, we are spending €x million on expenses for (whatever)' as a justification for Social Welfare payments which are fundamentally wrong, Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Oh come on, THE Communion??!?!!

• Advertisement

No champagne lifestyle missus? Let me ask have you Sky, all have mobiles, nice car, gameboys, ds lites, Wii, and all the rest Fup off!

hope her tea with the sangers will be pg tips. those monkeys need to be kept in a job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

That lady is right 40 euro on a dress and a meal at home good and simple, the way it should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haha I knew when I heard about them cutting the money for the communions and confirmations that saint joseph of ballyfermot would be on about it.

My jaw is on the floor today, what's with all the sensible callers ?

Lads, he must be lulling us into a false sense of security for something ?!!

Your chin will soon follow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Think he's starting to turn about now, unless the researchers can get one of the "most vunerable" on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

300 euro "for the basics". Get real.

And then saying they are "taking it from the most vulnerable"...well maybe the "most vulnerable" need 300 euro to pay for things more essential than a religious ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Communion is a mass, so why does that have to cost any money???

• Advertisement

Joe is working poor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement