Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

That_Guy wrote: »
    "Ah come back to 2012"

Fúck off you patronising CÚNT!!!!!!!!

stupid pr1ck fails to see that the ladys suggestion is thoroughly modern , its duffys recieved wisdom which is traditional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And now Joe wants shoes for the other kids "for the day that's in it". WELL YOU FCUKING PAY FOR THEM, GOB****E.

I never heard of this grant before, the more I listen to these whiners, the angrier I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just tuned in. Communion dresses? Ah fúck off with this religious bollocks.

Did you know that if you are on Social Welfare, you are entitled to a 300 euro communion allowance?

Joan Burton has cut it by 66% to 100 euro and Joe is against the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha Ha, the trend is changing now ! That's because you gave your researcher a bollocking !

Where did he get the impression that poor Agnes (?) was advocating a return to sackcloth ? She made a sensible suggestion, some others have posted here, and I've said before, make it in your uniform to stamp out these keeping up with the Joneses nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Skid wrote: »
    How many of these kids never go back to mass to get a Second Communion?

Pure hypocrisy.

My aunt taught 1st class in a disadvantaged area. The day of the Communion, they needed someone at the top of the Church to show the parents when to kneel down and stand up, they went to Mass that often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »
    Where's he going with the sack cloth and ashes???? Jaysus, he is losing it!

He wants to discredit your one.

And tbh I think he has lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Was about to text the show with the comment I made earlier but am afraid they may ring and shove me on air. No thanks.

Ah wait, that woman's just proposed the same thing I experienced, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ha Ha, the trend is changing now ! That's because you gave your researcher a bollocking !

Where did he get the impression that poor Agnes (?) was advocating a return to sackcloth ? She made a sensible suggestion, some others have posted here, and I've said before, make it in your uniform to stamp out these keeping up with the Joneses nonsense.

It's what they do for most confirmations anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Just tuned in. Communion dresses? Ah fúck off with this religious bollocks.

I'd love to know how many of these parents dressing up there kids actually give a toss about religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

"Ah come back to 2012"

Fúck off you patronising CÚNT!!!!!!!!

What an insufferable **** he is, a blind catholic who won't hear a bad word about his precious faith or it's "special days". He told her to come back to 2012 - he might want to figure out Catholicism is about as popular as a rash on the arse these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

gypsy-communion2.jpg

Can somebody out there who has kids who made their communion or have kids who will be making their communions - what do you need to spend money on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

the conversation and debate surrounding social wellfare has become so trite and contrived that were thier to exist a benefit payment for debs night and it was cut , thier would be howls of outrage and endless cries of stop attacking the most vulnerable

mature debate has become almost impossible in this country thanks to people like JD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I never knew there was a grant in the first place! It should be cut completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Anyone who believes that the social welfare system is not abused is a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If they want to make their communion make them wear their school uniform ans that sorts it all out

Bunch of arsehole idiots :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Arrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Shameful the way he treated that last caller, he knew she was about to make a valid point, then he just got sarcastic with her and shouted her down. Diabolical stuff, pushing his own agenda as per usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

What fucckin event? the piss up after maybe..what a load of old biollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'€300 goes nowhere'

Feck off back to the Celtic Tiger :mad::mad::mad:

bijapos wrote: »
    Shameful the way he treated that last caller, he knew she was about to make a valid point, then he just got sarcastic with her and shouted her down. Diabolical stuff, pushing his own agenda as per usual.

He's not the only RTE presenter that shouts down a contributor. They all do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

"The grant is for the event "

That right there Mister Vinny De P is the problem, why do you need €300 towards an 'event' around a communion ? All that needs to be done is a nice meal with the family or friends, no hall hires and DJs needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I actually shouted "fcuk you Duffy!!" at the radio with the 1932 comment.

He's breaking out the can of religious whoop ass now and bringing on the St Vincent de Paul to fight his argument for him. We can't argue with the StVDP can we?! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder how many of these parents go to mass of a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

..and that's why i NEVER donate to SVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Why are Vincent de Paul supporting this nonsense?

It sounds like this Vincent de Paul lad really means that people use the communion grant to pay for non-communion related expenses...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Vincent de Paul need to wise up to scammers

Life is a grind for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

vicwatson wrote: »
    If they want to make their communion make them wear their school uniform ans that sorts it all out

Bunch of arsehole idiots :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Arrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This. Even better, if you want your child to make their communion it should be nothing to do with school, and the parents should have to organise it themselves in their own time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ah the pain of the daily grind, sound like he's talking about taking a crap....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement