Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Unfortunately some cultures gravitate to Boxing as their preferred activity....

others gravitate to English Literature etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

A festivus for the rest of us:D

The Airing of Grievances should be great fun altogether! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

syklops wrote: »
    Good idea. JonathanAnon is quite eloquent. If no-one else does, I'll write something up.

i sent an email last friday to liveline giving out about teh funny friday crap. still waiting for a reply.
    Someone came on here with an online petition to get that one reinstated at the nut hospital maybe we can run an online petition for a change in presenter. i thought of doing the letter myself before but i didnt know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

If i and my child are not catholics.But i want to have a party for myself and my child can i get 300euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Won't be long before the Polish lady is brought in to this discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I tell ya the VDP really need to wise up. Someone said earlier there is a poverty industry in this country along with a few other industries that seriously need a wake up call.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Note to self : never ever donate a cent to the SVDP...shower of idiots giving money to people for p*ss ups :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

The coping class. Joe.

They have to pay for things joe.

Its a disgrace Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And the backpeddling begins....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

eviltwin wrote: »
    Note to self : never ever donate a cent to the SVDP...shower of idiots giving money to people for p*ss ups :mad:

...and cigarettes, don't forget the cigarettes! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'And as I rained down blows upon Duffy, I realised there had to be another way' :)

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Won't be long before the Polish lady is brought in to this discussion.

Joe cant pontificate about poles\foreigners after setting up an art auction for one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Communion Day is coming up and Les from Coronation Street is skint.

1184270039_1.jpg&sa=X&ei=NJ0qT9eTNoSohAf83OWACw&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFok710DMudstuPbDuzb7PSq2xjeA

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Telling everyone how much they've disappointed you throughout the year:D
    That's the Joe Duffy show every day.:D

He is living in la la land.

The system is getting scammed you tit

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seriously, or do I have a big gullible sticker on my head ?

And funerals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i'd put my fist through the radio only that i'm wearing earphones so i'd punch myself in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

ah your just annoyed you didnt know about the grant ya moaner.

You have your wires crossed VDP man! Then he says nobody is scamming the system!!:eek: Is he for real? By that statement alone he shows just how innocent/naive the VDP is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Did he just say "Nobody is scamming the system"

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Nobody scamming the system?? Except for the people who are actually scamming the system such as the guy collecting the pension on behalf of his dead friend and the likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

bigroad wrote: »
    If i and my child are not catholics.But i want to have a party for myself and my child can i get 300euro.

Well as far as I know you dont have to prove you are catholic. So you can tell them your child is getting conferred, and then not go.

He admits that the majority of his contributors want this allowance removed.

Now your man sees fit to challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

A big sigh there from Joe when reading out the fact that 99% of his listeners want it scrapped... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

neris wrote: »
    i sent an email last friday to liveline giving out about teh funny friday crap. still waiting for a reply.
    Someone came on here with an online petition to get that one reinstated at the nut hospital maybe we can run an online petition for a change in presenter. i thought of doing the letter myself before but i didnt know where to start

Could we use something like this?

http://www.change.org/start-a-petition?utm_source=petitiononline&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Quango man doesn't seem to recognise that the vast majority of people actually disagree with his opinion. Everyone's wrong except him (and Joe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

baldbear wrote: »
    Nobody scamming the system?? Except for the people who are actually scamming the system such as the guy collecting the pension on behalf of his dead friend and the likes!

And, not my words but a good professors, the evidence of welfare tourism to which the extent was highlighted during the ash cloud fun. Ah sure they were probably all genuine.

Gasp !!! Adriennnnnne, you nasty cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

bigroad wrote: »

The €300 grant is effectively the government paying people to become catholics.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Did he just say "Nobody is scamming the system"

Jesus wept

He has to be either the most naive adult in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If I could photoshop, I would do a good one of Mad Joe Duffy, from the Lyons tea picture, in a Communion Dress, angry with Joan Burton.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement