Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

syklops wrote: »
    Funny he didnt do a text poll isnt it?

But if he did you can be sure it would be claimed to be the most popular text poll in Liveline history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That saorview ad annoys the bejaysus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've always argued this point, but usually the civil rights crowds are then up in arms saying "this is degrading"... People should have a choice either a) accept the free vouchers the State offer with whatever conditions come with them or b) DONT accept the free vouchers...

Pride soon goes out the window if you are cold or hungry...if you are too proud to shop with a voucher then your loss. You can starve or freeze to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

dulpit wrote: »
    Social welfare should be primarily services/etc, not straight up cash.
    • Back to school allowance - book & uniform vouchers.
    • This holy joe allowance - clothes vouchers.
    • Children's allowance - heating, food, childcare, etc. vouchers.
    • Etc.

That way the money can only be spent on what it's designed for...

Unfortunately, a secondary market would probably spring up - "I'll give you €80 cash for your €100 book voucher" or something like that. Still, it might stem the flow a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Going back to SVdP guy, he mentioned that kids were going to school without breakfasts.

Yet he wants people to spend this "grant" and more on ridiculous outfits that are worn just once for a religious ceremony, a grant paid for by the citizens of an allegedly secular republic.

Hope in his world he made sense, 'cos in mine he was talkng bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Joe kept the guy from the VDP oin the line for the entire discussion intimating that he some kind of expert just because he vounteers for the VDP.
    I would argue that he is the opposite and is in no position to be objective.

Joe's handling of that entire "discussion" was disgraceful as usual:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

SVP are really decent people and do great work amongst the poorest people. They should allow them more input into the welfare system and root out those who have been on the welfare gravy train for years. I know a couple that have claimed just about every benefit available and have a better standard of living than most employed people, that just ain't fair.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

D'oh a Deer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

D'Oh!
    A Deer
    A female Deer ...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Did Agnes ever get back on air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

pc7 wrote: »
    D'oh a Deer!

A male deer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ooooh the Ward Union Hunt again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

F'ng Ward Union Hunt. I live near there and I hate to see them all going around with their stupid stickers on their cars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

hunting scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Dear Joe.......

dulpit wrote: »
    Why in Jesus Rollarblading Christ should the SVP be consulted for anything ??? GTFO my radio...

jesus_rollerblading_christ.png

Roll Jesus roll !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

She will never be on the air again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Yakuza wrote: »
    Unfortunately, a secondary market would probably spring up - "I'll give you €80 cash for your €100 book voucher" or something like that. Still, it might stem the flow a bit.

+1

I have a job and I'd jump at the chance to buy a €50 for voucher for €40. This system would cause a lot more problems than it would solve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joe kept the guy from the VDP oin the line for the entire discussion intimating that he some kind of expert just because he vounteers for the VDP.
    I would argue that he is the opposite and is in no position to be objective.

Joe's handling of that entire "discussion" was disgraceful as usual:mad:

I disagree, about the as usual bit. He is not usually good, but today he was just deplorable. How he treated Agnus was just despicable.

Tried to...........but the line was terrible ! :D

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    D'Oh!
    A Deer
    A female Deer ...

Chased
    And killed by
    Ward union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yakuza wrote: »

I don't see a problem in that.

No guarantee any of the cash being handed out ever gets spent on books, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

She will never be on the air again

I's possible she's being strangled by that other caller as we type! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

cock robin wrote: »
    SVP are really decent people and do great work amongst the poorest people. They should allow them more input into the welfare system and root out those who have been on the welfare gravy train for years. I know a couple that have claimed just about every benefit available and have a better standard of living than most employed people, that just ain't fair.

I am sorry but the SVP should have absolutely no input in to how decisions are made regarding welfare payments.
    They are naive and when is comes to other peoples money; it's easy to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"The sheep were upset"..

could he not send them over to Craggy Island for a week and see if Ted can do something for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

+1

I have a job and I'd jump at the chance to buy a €50 for voucher for €40. This system would cause a lot more problems than it would solve.

A guy I knew used to get Svp vouchers for 100€ which could only be exchanged in Dunnes Stores, however alcohol and cigs could not be purchased with voucher so he would sell it to his mates for 70€

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I just sent an email and a text complaint to liveline, don't think they will even read it, but I feel better about it. Fecking muppet that he is!! Aaaarrrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"The sheep were upset"..

could he not send them over to Craggy Island for a week and see if Ted can do something for them?

He was trying to get the sheep "back together":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Smooth topic change, from the financially challenged to the morally challenged...

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »
    hunting scum.

:D

deer-takes-revenge-on-hunter.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement