Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Isn't Varadkar the one who said they wouldn't pay off the bondholders? Straight talker alright.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dead on Joe, I used to pay 99% tax, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Have these guys any idea where the money currently being used to run the countrys' services is actually coming from?

It's not from the tax they paid thirty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

That man from the UK really should have planned things better before coming over...

This man is laughing at Michael Varadkar... whoever he is..

Yeah they were 15 years in the UK - should have got it sorted before they moved over. A bit arrogant expecting a job straight away.

Good to hear though someone coming to Ireland for a better lifestyle. I know things are bad now but listening to some people you would think this is teh worst place to live in the world.

Maybe they left England to escape the £1500 household charge and pay the rip off €100 household charge here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Great point from that guy.. I've been angered by the fact that nobody says that the action of everybody leaving is UNPATRIOTIC and SELFISH, and these people are not serving the public..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Have a good Weekend everyone,

might see some of you on the Late Late Show Thread. You know you want to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

civil service ruined decentralisation Joe, they're the ones who rented all those buildings in towns and then refused to move into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Why? Your dodgy American accent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Great point from that guy.. I've been angered by the fact that nobody says that the action of everybody leaving is UNPATRIOTIC and SELFISH, and these people are not serving the public..
    The civil servants who are leaving because if they stayed they'd be losing tens of thousands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

20 years and he still doesnt know?

How does that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Probably from Offaly originally.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Skid wrote: »
    Have a good Weekend everyone,

might see some of you on the Late Late Show Thread. You know you want to :)

Go to the tallafornia one its better, that is seriously scary car crash tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He's cribbing about being stopped at Dublin Airport with an expired document.

Try getting in to through JFK with an expired Visa.

American Country music? That's funny I listen to Pat Kenny every day, and I havent heard him plucking his banjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

They may be irish citizens but they'll never be irish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Terrible show Joe, terrible.

Movies and booze time boardsies have a good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I'm not paying the household charge either....BUT...

I do think that property taxes in general are the way to go. But the current implementation is wrong.

I'Il have to pay 100 euro. (I should be paying more)
    Enya will have to pay 100 euro. She lives in a castle in Dalkey. (She should pay more)
    The granny on a pension in a 2 bed terraced house has to pay 100 euro (she should less).

Taxes need to be collected sensibly - the current flat charge is ridiculous.

Child benefit should be means tested/taxed...
    Medical cards should be means tested...
    TD expenses should be fully vouched...
    etc, etc, etc

pc7 wrote: »
    Go to the tallafornia one its better, that is seriously scary car crash tv!

No way, I'm Old School

Sure drop over to the LLS when your Tallafornia is over :)

Poor Travellers :( I'm sure Vincent Browne will be all of this next week...

• Advertisement

No way, I'm Old School

Sure drop over to the LLS when your Tallafornia is over :)

Skid as much as Joe and his show annoy me, I cannot abide Tubbers, reckon he should be used in Gitmo as a torture tool. Enjoy though.

American Country music? That's funny I listen to Pat Kenny every day, and I havent heard him plucking his banjo

He has been around the circuit here for years, an average Country Singer.

http://www.robertmizzell.com/

Skid as much as Joe and his show annoy me, I cannot abide Tubbers, reckon he should be used in Gitmo as a torture tool. Enjoy though.

Sure you could just read the thread and post, you don't even have to watch it.

That's what lots of people do :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

....I listen to Pat Kenny every day, and I havent heard him plucking his banjo

:eek::eek::eek:

50280_80866117797_2519231_n.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That 'pensioner' gowl Eileen at the start of the show reminded me I had yet to pay my household charge, so I went and paid it there online. It means I can have one less pint every two weeks. Big woop...

So, let's see... she worked the absolute minimum to get her pension, what is she complaining about again? She has absolutely no reason to whinge, it was her decision to leave a well paid job. As JonAnon said earlier, I would love to see what little luxuries, these people have around the home, Sky+ etc.

Spoofers, absolute spoofers. :mad:

And well done Leo Varadkar (and I'm not a fan), sometimes these people have to be told to fcuk off and pay up like the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

They may be irish citizens but they'll never be irish

Yes. To be a true Irish person every one of your ancestors had to be born on this island before the last ice age.

Feck off you Celts, Vikings, Normans, French etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

That guy who was arguing with the prison guard with the problems was great, I loved how he suggested to her that she should start a protest about the leaky pipes/dole workers and she says 'you have inspired me to do it' and Joe, Joe, Joe immediately switched to another caller and didn't acknowledge the guy or let him on again.

He really is a big baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Joe will probably be taking a week off for the upcoming mid term term breakm, so at least we can look forward to a week of Damien [EMAIL="O@reilly"]O'Reilly[/EMAIL]

damien_normal.jpg
    RTECountryWide RTECountryWide

Heading down to studio, scripts in 1 hand & cup of coffee in the other ready for a busy show of poetry, GAA emigration, farming and mass!!

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Sure you could just read the thread and post, you don't even have to watch it.

That's what lots of people do :).

Skid I tried, turned on and George hook walked on lasted 90seconds and could take no more :p

• Advertisement

Skid I tried, turned on and George hook walked on lasted 90seconds and could take no more :p

Ah well, I appreciate you making the effort, PC.

Tubridy, Hook and Joe Duffy in one day is asking a lot :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement