Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bad line... Or is it because he's agreeing with Joe that he gets to stay on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

If all their spinelessness and lack of initiative doesn't bury this goverment in the next election, this now regular sticking two fingers up to the Catholic church will surely lose them a massive chunk of their traditional Catholic conservative base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

This is pure RCC propaganda. Inviting Ratzinger to Ireland would only be useful if he could be arrested for colluding and keeping criminals from justice. His organisation have crimes against humanity on its hands.

So do the USA and british states.

Was this an argument when the irish population were **** off to barack obama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

This is getting boring fast..tell us something we dont know you boring Dub he never said anything like your painting.

He wasn't oppressing your views you twonk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What has moral authority got to do with a state visit exactly.

Well as well as being a head of state, he is also the head of an organisation who snubbed the investigation into the child abuse, an organisation which has regularly been found aiding and abetting known child abusers, and an organisation which for decades has pushed themselves as the moral authority and continue to do so.

I'd like to see him come to Ireland, I'd like to see him asked some questions while he is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

no conspiracy here folks, just a few bad priests.

move along, nothing to see here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh please no other group attracted and supported and hide abusers like the RCC - get off the radio, oh I think I may explode! :mad:

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Is that you on the rayjoe, AB? :)

No.

I dont mind one way or the other. Whether or not the pope visits isnt a big deal for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Oh yes it would be WONDERFUL for the state for Il Papa to come here and condescend to us personally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

this guy makes some good points about the number of screw ups in HSE when it comes to childrens wellfare , the media is less eager to condemn social workers or various other professional hand ringers

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

So do the USA and british states.

Was this an argument when the irish population were **** off to barack obama?

The RCC is pure evil and beyond hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"I nearly said broadcasters"

Surely he wasn't going to mention any drug addicts there :rolleyes::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know the real reason they want to have a Papal visit... Diarmuid Martin's five a side team lost a game against Father Dick Byrne's team, and he has to orchestrate a situation where he can kick Pope Benedict up the a*se as part of losing the bet..

tumblr_lkkv4sLcM31qah5i2o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

hope the pope stays the f**k away from this country. chief old foggie of the world fairy tale and make beleive organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

More lies about the Queen visiting Dublin. She was received in silence and apathy for the most part.

The only ordinary people who turned out to see her were protesters, and there weren't even many of them.

The contrast with Obama's visit the next week was startling.

"I had to retire due to a visual disability... I saw first hand"

skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

if 99% of callers oppose the visit , duffy will still potray the reaction as one of bitterness on the part of those against a papal state visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"The failures of all of us"

Feck off. I didn't have anything to do with child abuse or it's cover up, you asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If all their spinelessness and lack of initiative doesn't bury this goverment in the next election, this now regular sticking two fingers up to the Catholic church will surely lose them a massive chunk of their traditional Catholic conservative base.

I doubt it.

Its not the Ireland of Father Ted anymore where what Bishop Brennan says is Gospel. The Church needs to be told you aren't in control anymore, and I think this might be the start of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

SMS coming through there: Get off the radio you daft codger

More lies about the Queen visiting Dublin. She was received in silence and apathy for the most part.

The only ordinary people who turned out to see her were protesters, and there weren't even many of them.

Barack Obama is full of sh1t too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

this callers a dick

the massive security operation made a high turnout to see the queen of england impossible , im a republican but IMO mrs windsors visit was a much bigger deal than obamas

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I know the real reason they want to have a Papal visit... Diarmuid Martin's five a side team lost a game against Father Dick Byrne's team, and he has to orchestrate a situation where he can kick Pope Benedict up the a*se as part of losing the bet..

One day they are going to stop showing Father Ted on TV. We are all going to have to let it go.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Text poll! Please let Sinn Fein be an option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

This fella seems to enjoy laughing at his own comments.

Is it Syl Fox?

irishh_bob wrote: »
    the massive security operation made a high turnout to see the queen of england impossible , im a republican but IMO mrs windsors visit was a much bigger deal than obamas

It certainly was. It had a far greater significance and resonance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont think this is a sort of fresh start as this lad is trying to purport... Benedict was in a serious position throughout all of the Vatican's attempts at covering up the sex abuse... If they wanted a new start then they should have put newly ordained priests, with clean hands, in charge of the operation..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

WHAT HOPE are these jeebus freaks talking about!!!

Have to say duffys handling of this is quite astoundingly biased..anybody that comes down in favour of the visit is let talk uninterrupted yet anyone actually in the real world and disagrees is interrupted/spoke over/cut off..he is a joke.

im in my hole texting in to this ego trip phone poll for you duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement