Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mrs Brown's Boys had more viewers in Britain than Jonathon Ross? Jeebus wept.

They must be on some night I'm out, thank christ! :D.

Used to like JohnRoss before. I can only take it that if (as Joe would say) one-time Funnnnee Friday regular Baarrrendanokarrill, and his "unique" brand of homespun humour :o is getting the better of Ross in the ratings, that it either says J.R. has just thrown in the towel since that time of his & Russell Brands' gag or that the collective I.Q of that nights audience is now dangerously close to twenty three.....and falling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wonder what joys we can expect today on "calamity fm",

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

pc7 wrote: »
    Wonder what joys we can expect today on "calamity fm",

God knows but at the 12:45 intro he played another clip of that woman yesterday who lost/found her brother so it doesn't look good.

I was driving from Belfast yesterday listening to Liveline, someone in the car mentioned when the poll results came in and Michael O'Brien came on that Duffy would drop the subject like a hot potato as it was obvious he hadn't full suppost of the people to push his idea of bringing the Pope here. How right they were.

Its normally a subject that he would keep chipping away at until he is officially invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Took a break... back for more misery!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will Noonan's hand in that get a mention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Q - What's worse that Joe Duffy on Liveline?

A - Joe Duffy on Liveline with a headcold :rolleyes:

or possible second answer

A2 - Ronan Collins on the radio with a headcold (the whiney fooker) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

There is a long, thoughtful and informed interview with Meryl Streep on NPR.org right now.

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146362798/meryl-streep-the-fresh-air-interview

If you're listening on a computer or phone, and want to hear what well researched, interesting radio sounds like (even if you're not that into Meryl Streep) this is a good example.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Awful thing that happened, but I don't know why she is on? can anyone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Why is this old story topical again?

Oh yea, because there was a program on the telly last night. Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"You have Pepsi"

pepsi7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Awful thing that happened, but I don't know why she is on? can anyone enlighten me?

A looooooong story will fill you in

Joe is following up on a TG4 programme on the HepC Scandal aired last night.

Lots of *sighs* and "my gods" today I'll bet!

Patient X!

Its a zombie outbreak!

Zwillinge wrote: »

Its a zombie outbreak!

Walking dead is back the 17th can't wait! ;)

If they hadn't done drugs or cheated on their partners, there's no worry sure!

Not even a page of comments 15 minutes in, not a good topic for us boardies Joe. Bring back greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

*Liveline in actual discussion in a matter of national interest shocker*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

D'you know what'd be nice? If Joe took the time to mention about the DCU student that's missing.

Shoulda stayed on my break :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

No mention of Noonan yet....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I didnt switch him on yet. What are we discussing?

After yesterdays train crash Im considering kicking the habit. If I spent the 75 minutes a day I spend listening to Joe and writing comments here, writing something productive I could actually produce something people would be willing to read, and thereby reduce his listernship by one.

One down, 399,999 to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This is an old story that's been well covered. Why is it on?
    Travellers melting down statues or "romanians" scamming people please Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh here we go again Joe, blame the lawyers on everything !

Lawyers in rte are twictching as Joe tries to put words in this womans mouth

Surprised he hasn't been laying into Noonan either by now.

FF Head office won't be happy with Comrade Joe!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

jebus, this is dire

wheres the video tape burning bird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Bloody show getting worse..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

< throws away the bowl of custard he was just eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

signostic wrote: »
    No mention of Noonan yet....

Was he Minister for Health at the time??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

syklops wrote: »
    I didnt switch him on yet. What are we discussing?

After yesterdays train crash Im considering kicking the habit. If I spent the 75 minutes a day I spend listening to Joe and writing comments here, writing something productive I could actually produce something people would be willing to read, and thereby reduce his listernship by one.

One down, 399,999 to go.

You'll miss the gems though. For instance it's worth putting up with a month of shíte just to hear Shane O'Curry call joe a paedo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement