Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

sudzs wrote: »
    Basically a diagnosis is a gateway to benefits/help/drugs etc

That's what they all mean by "services".

:pac: "Entitlements, here i come!!!!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Is Louise related to Joan Burton?

'Can I just say?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I get scared when I hear people that shape and influence public policy in this country and just how inflexible and shrill they get. So utterly convinced they are of their position when often another perspective is needed and when outside experts should be listened to and not shouted down.
    I get the impression that their jobs rely on a certain position to be taken and that position is stuck to come hell or high water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

That's what they all mean by "services".

:pac: "Entitlements, here i come!!!!!!"

Yes and more improtant, a misdiagnosis of what the problem actually mght be.

it's mad, flippin drug companies are at the root of it all. :(

May I commend the Dr for a most informative and common sense based delivery of sound advice

bravo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rosiestar

pc7 wrote: »
    There seems to be a huge drive to label every single disorder. I have a family member with Bi-Polar, years back it was just called depression, then we were told BP, then we are told its a disphoric high phase and a euphoric low phase.
    In my humbler a load of codswollop, they are depressed and there are many different characteristics of depression and anxiety. All are crap sadly giving them different names makes no odds.
    As an outsider listening to this it would seem that the same seems to be happening with some kids. (not trying to offend or take away from those with kids with autism/aspergers etc.)

actually years ago it was called Manic Depression and it IS an illness

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone experiencing any problems with the "RTE Real Player"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

is that it, the whole show on this !, would have at least of thought, there would have been a discussion re the 16yr old shot dead in tallaght or something

But Joe was thinking he'd get a week out of this bolloxology. By now I'd say he can't wait for it to end.

If he can drop the spoofer wan (as Doc Toe has obviously had enough of the pair of them), then maybe he'll cut to something relevant.........after a break for tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

a whole hour of this ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I've heard the theory that small boys who like making lists and collecting things are misunderstood by their predominantly female teachers and carers. They are thought to be weird, but mildly autistic behaviour is actually normal for some boys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Rosiestar wrote: »
    actually years ago it was called Manic Depression and it IS an illness

Sorry I did think twice about posting as things can get lost in text and its not something I want to get into. I was just making a point in relation to the topic on labels being discussed.

Yes I know its an illness (its a goddamn scourge if I had one wish it woudl be a cure) as I say I've lived with a family member with it. But the labels they have given it over the years have done nothing to change it only at times give my family member a new label.

The lads that own Greyhound should call Joe claim they are Autistic/Aspergers and that people should be sensitive to their insensitivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

now that the good doctor has left.

lets get back to mass hysteria rambling complete with wild inaccurate accusations and statements

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"We need to not treat them any differently" says spoofer woman after saying they need to be treated differently for 30 minutes straight.

I want a career in just making **** up. You don't even have to remember what you said so contradicting yourself doesn't matter.

lol! poor Joe, totally lost without his "screen" :rolleyes:

How would that go down on the aspbergers questionaire test ??!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

bangs head on table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd say Dr Tamimi put down the phone, turned to his wife and said "What the fk was that???"

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

"We need to not treat them any differently" says spoofer woman after saying they need to be treated differently for 30 minutes straight.

I want a career in just making **** up. You don't even have to remember what you said so contradicting yourself doesn't matter.

I hear you can make over €400,000 a year at it . . .

(Guess) current caller = angry depressed man with asperger kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im away this is boring now..the dr answered all the questions and blew the article out of the water..why do we need to keep going with this.

This guy is especially annoying aswell.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept!

He really doen't give a rats' arse does he? Just had his clock cleaned by Dr. Toe and now it's back to more ill-informed "debate".

Current caller trying to hypnotise us....... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Its PJ Coogan! I knew i recognised the voice. He's a news reporter with 96fm in cork.

Science isnt based on debate.

There doesnt need to be any debate.

current caller, angry unheard of hack = refrigerator Dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

europa11 wrote: »
    Jesus wept!

He really doen't give a rats' arse does he? Just had his clock cleaned by Dr. Toe and now it's back to more ill-informed "debate".

Its really quite amazing really its like the last 40 minutes never happened..

SeaFields wrote: »
    Its PJ Coogan! I knew i recognised the voice. He's a news reporter with 96fm in cork.

Doesn't say much about the newsroom staff there.

Unless PJ is the guy they send out to buy the cream buns.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

I thought this day could not get worse. Then I heard Mona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

now that the good doctor has left.

lets get back to mass hysteria rambling complete with wild inaccurate accusations and statements

Did Dr Humphreys come on???

Feckin meeting.

• Advertisement

imagine paying a tv license for this ****! hahaha!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement