Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

suzie987 wrote: »
    I thought this day could not get worse. Then I heard Mona

It's Mona's Friend.

Mona coming on the air herself will be the first sign that the Mayans were correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

europa11 wrote: »
    Doesn't say much about the newsroom staff there.

Unless PJ is the guy they send out to buy the cream buns.

well its the same station where their equivalent of Joe Duffy had a tug on a plane...

says it all really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

syklops wrote: »
    Did Dr Humphreys come on???

Feckin meeting.

no humphreys didnt come on, doctor sammy to-me-me did and left joe speechless, but you would'nt think he was ever even on now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

OH OH !!!!!!

10 minutes to Wapner .....

Feckin meeting.

Could you not have a word with these people that keep scheduling meetings during Liveline? :)

Surely the good people of Brno will understand your needs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Feckin meeting.

Nope . . . a UK expert he quoted came on, Dr. Tamimi (referred to as Dr. Toe in previous threads) ,saying Tony was wrong in what he said.

Then some Mammies decided to argue with him . . I got bored and can't remember much.

tl;dr Dr. Toe ironed out all the issues. Joe still can't drop it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Is anyone without an "autistic" kid going to come on?

Every one of these people has a vested interest in their child being "different".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

'I want a debate on this....soon as that lying bastard comes out and apologises for being rong rong rong and he's not a doctor at all, and I publicly denounce his bona fides, is he really a doctor???....but lets have a reasoned debate about this...'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Feckin meeting.

No thankfully.... we got someone who actually knows what they are talikng about!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

suzie987 wrote: »
    I thought this day could not get worse. Then I heard Mona

At this stage, I'd rather listen to Mona presenting a half-decent talk show and letting the Duffer do a couple of voice-overs during the break.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

there is an annoying similarity consistently displayed by the parents of all these kids.

Theology? Biology? Geology???

It's an 'ology forgodsake!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Skid wrote: »
    Could you not have a word with these people that keep scheduling meetings during Liveline? :)

Surely the good people of Brno will understand your needs?

The good people of Brno would. Its the good people of the US of A who schedule the meetings though :(

sudzs wrote: »
    Theology? Biology? Geology???

It's an 'ology forgodsake!!!! :D

Geology Rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

14:57 break WHY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

my friend wrote: »
    there is an annoying similarity consistently displayed by the parents of all these kids.

I was thinkin just how well informed they are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

my friend wrote: »

Tony.....is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Hope fully the Cirk Examiner will do an article about the tv license (boy ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe should release a board game, based on "Guess Who?", where you have to identify a person's illness... He could call it "What's Your Difference?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

what do you mean WHY, surely you mean Thank God!

• Advertisement

For Balance, here are some complaints about Munster Joinery in the Consumer Issues Forum. I wouldn't go near them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76479618

To plug Mooney I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Now that we've gotten rid of the one person who knew what he was talking about, let's get to the reasoned argument here......where's Tony Humphreys?

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

Dr. Louise was an eejit.... in fairness...... ;)

That geologist just said that "being a bit nerdy" is the same as having aspergers.

It's just all made up nonsense.

I've decided i have a disease called Kringlers, it's what makes me the way i am. I have no proof that it's a real thing but i want "services".

In other words: gimme free money and all your delicious attention, there's something wrong with me that may not even be a real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That geologist just said that "being a bit nerdy" is the same as having aspergers.

I've decided i have a disease called Kringlers, it's what makes me the way i am. I have no proof that it's a real thing but i want "services".

In other words: gimme free money and all your delicious attention, there's something wrong with me that may not even be a real thing.

He didn't say that. He said that if your parents are, there is a chance you will be, or a chance that you will have aspergers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think it's extremely cowardly of Tony Humphreys not to come out and defend his article all the same..

On a more serious point, why is Brek ALWAYS on the Mooney show now.. Is she just waiting around the studio for the kids to finish school?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

On a more serious point, why is Brek ALWAYS on the Mooney show now.. Is she just waiting around the studio for the kids to finish school?

Why is she called Brek?

Gimme a few days and I'll get onto Bayer or whoever and come up with a "cure" for you!

...in the meantime could you spread your disease/condition as far and wide as possible. Maybe ring Joe asap! I bet half of us on this thread could be candidate for the meds and benefits!! ;):D

• Advertisement

He said, almost verbatim: "if your parents are engineers or mathematicians then there's a good chance you'll be a bit nerdy or have aspergers or be a bit of a geek".

So basically being socially awkward is a medical condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement