Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Todays show was not so much typical in that there were actually some quite smart people on. A typical show would be large swathes of people who are so dim you wonder why they dont fall down more. The general theme is about the same as today though.

Sssshh, you're not allowed criticise callers to Liveline :rolleyes: Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

One thing I hate about LL is when some callers are on air, either they are deaf or they dont cop they are on and you get 5 seconds of nothing, or something along the lines of "Joe is that you ?".............bla bla bla, or Joe calls their name and they repeat it and then stop themselves, .........janey mack!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sssshh, you're not allowed criticise callers to Liveline :rolleyes: Down with that sort of thing.

Give it a rest. You ARE allowed to criticise them - you're just not allowed abuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    Around here 90% of the fun is poking fun at joe and the miscreants who ring him. That and the womanly wiles of Sudzs.

You like poking fun at my womanly wiles?? :mad:

:p

Oh gawd... just listening to the 8am news on RTE and the mention of some bins in Dublin not being collected AND something about Priory Hall does not bode well for todays show. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sudzs wrote: »
    Oh gawd... just listening to the 8am news on RTE and the mention of some bins in Dublin not being collected AND something about Priory Hall does not bode well for todays show. :(

2193762-217810-the-old-woman-dials-number-of-phone-on-a-white-background.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

yeah sounds like it could be waste company bashing liveline today although its only the people who didnt pay for the service who is effected so maybe it wont :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Please See the following result for the Boards Matchmaking valentine:

IvyTheTerrible: boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1
    Sudzs : boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1

JonathanAnon/Skid/Sept_23_1989 boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1

IvyThe Terrible - "Click click, Mraaaau!
    Sudzs - "I knew we were meant for eachother"
    JonathanAnon/Skid/Sept_23_1989 - :eek:

Well it depends where the bins werent collected. If it was Ballyfermot, clontarf, or killiney, it doesn't bode well for us.

If it was basically anywhere else in the country, then fear not sweet maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

syklops, I tried to fix your post for you there with the link to here but it seems that image host and boards.ie don't go well together somehow.

• Advertisement

Bard wrote: »
    syklops, I tried to fix your post for you there with the link to here but it seems that image host and boards.ie don't go well together somehow.

Thanks, Im trying to fix it. Just ignore it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sudzs
    syklops
    bluewolf
    That_Guy
    Skid
    JonathanAnon
    Acoshla
    pc7
    jujibee
    krudler
    Lola92

I'm afraid you'll have to work on your womanly wiles, syklops! ;)

I spent the last 30 mins trying to get my post to display that information. It seems you dont have it right either Ivy.

But I like how yours looks. You and Sudzs, Mmmm, some girl on girl action. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

sounds liek joe will be on teh bins today from teh news at 1. people wont pay groundhound and havent had their bins collected. Maybe Greyhound should put a big sign up on their lorries "We are not a charity now pay up or stop whinging"

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any thoughts on the topics for today's show?

Priory Hall could be there but Mary Lou is bringing it up in the Dail so doubt Joe will be ringing SF HQ for a quote.

Greyhound Waste disposal will likely feature.

And hopefully (no) more Leap Card after yesterday's excitement......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I wonder how many of the 18,000 that Greyhound are warning won't have their bins collected are people who have found other collectors and just not bothered informing Greyhound?

ETA - whoops, sorry, thought this was the Greyhound thread! But still ever so slightly on-topic.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

sudzs
    syklops
    bluewolf
    That_Guy
    Skid
    JonathanAnon
    Acoshla
    pc7
    jujibee
    krudler
    Lola92

Im lost? are we all the ladies on the thread?

pc7 wrote: »

It's the "Now you're loving" boards app thing that calculates your compatibility with other posters. The names displayed are the top ten for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

''well done'' on been 84

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It's the "Now you're loving" boards app thing that calculates your compatibility with other posters. The names displayed are the top ten for me!

ha ha ha that's brill! very good, seen the picture of hearts and was lost! :D

Oh great bank bashing by the sounds of the start of the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Jaysus, Joe throws a curveball, none of the likely topics to start off with.

sudzs
    syklops
    bluewolf
    That_Guy
    Skid
    JonathanAnon
    Acoshla
    pc7
    jujibee
    krudler
    Lola92

lol!

mine.....

IvyTheTerrible
    syklops
    JonathanAnon
    pc7
    Skid
    SEPT 23 1989
    bbability
    That_Guy
    europa11
    Wertz
    mike kelly

Why can't I get the heart thingies to copy???? :confused: Ivy dah-ling... a tout a l'heure. ;););)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

pc7 wrote: »

I aint no lady. So No.
    sounds liek joe will be on teh bins today from teh news at 1. people wont pay groundhound and havent had their bins collected. Maybe Greyhound should put a big sign up on their lorries "We are not a charity now pay up or stop whinging"

You can see their point though. Cities have people, people generate waste. People also pay taxes to pay for the city and county councils. Is it really too much to ask that your bins get collected and your streets swept without you having to land out further money?

I'm against the sort of protesting thats oing gon in Athens, but if everone in Dublin stopped paying these extra bin charges it would become a city-wide and even a national problem in no time.

I aint no lady. So No.

I was thinking it weird that a girl was called ThatGuy and JonathonAnon :pac:

lol!

mine.....

IvyTheTerrible
    syklops
    JonathanAnon
    pc7
    Skid
    SEPT 23 1989
    bbability
    That_Guy
    europa11
    Wertz
    mike kelly

Why can't I get the heart thingies to copy???? :confused: Ivy dah-ling... a tout a l'heure. ;););)

Rawwwrrr! Mwah! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Joe is fixating on the word migrated. How many times will he say it in that patronising tone of voice before this segment ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Folks, you're almost as bad as Joe for going off topic today! Can we concentrate on the migration of services which is affecting this man? Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'm against the sort of protesting thats oing gon in Athens, but if everone in Dublin stopped paying these extra bin charges it would become a city-wide and even a national problem in no time.

Didnt one of the italian cities have a problem with waste last year. Though cant remebre was it the binmen on strike or people not paying bin charges and the bins were just left to rot on the pavements

• Advertisement

lol!

mine.....

IvyTheTerrible
    syklops

Ooooh la-la!

Maybe all three of us should hook up?

I spent the guts of 40 mins trying to get the hearts and everything working in my post. This is why I didnt go into design.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement