Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

syklops wrote: »
    Next door to Darndale.

Where salt of the earth dubs live.
    "Ye couldn't go outside your front door without getting robbed. Salt of de earth dey were"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Madness.... tiling? painting? It's not rocket science...

Everything Joe you could think of...

Certainly not rocket science...but there's only one correct way to do either trade...and a thousand wrong ways. Same with electriciains...only difference is that if you balls it up as a spark, you might kill someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Wertz wrote: »
    According to some, this carry on was endemic on sites (never saw too much of it myself, but I'd be in at end of all other trades).
    guys in trucks, or guys who lay bricks know nothing about regulators or the papers tbh...

The guys just got on with it... such practices should have been caught by proper oversight...
    It's not alright, but that's what went on. This is the reason people were paying stamp duty and VAT etc etc... so that whoever should have been paying attention to oversight and regulations got their wages.

lol at this guy; sparky's getting more painting? Some sparky.

I dont see how people can absolve themselves of responsibility when they made the choice to collect the wages and throw together houses/apartments by cutting corners and actively engaging in poor work practices etc.

Not saying its entirely their fault but they are partly responsible even if they somehow think going on joe duffy and giving anecdotle evidence absolves them somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

sudzs wrote: »
    What's happened to Jay's accent??? He was trés posh last week!!

He must've sailed to the Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Smell of sewage?? That'll be the phantom ****ter again, I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The Dufficer is wondering 'Who is feeding the Fooiremen Ouh dere'

Jaysus... thought the lads could do the same as everyone else, feed themselves.

They are getting a big enough wedge.

WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Not much regulation surrounding broadcasters' salaries either Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I love these ex pat explorers that head off to a foreign country and find better ways of doing stuff, to share with the Neanderthals back in "the old country"..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

I missed start of this...where is this guy, oz?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fek :eek:

I often threw lashings of Fairy Liquid into countless cement mixers during my time as a labourer in London about 20 years ago.

I thought nothing of it and just kept adding the stuff at random.
    I don't really know why, and never questioned the practice because I didn't really care why it was done as long as I got paid.

So if a wing of Great Ormond Street Hospital falls down anytime soon, or Westminster Tube Station caves in, I'm gonna do a runner. :o

Thanks Frank, god bless......would you like to import a few bucketloads of Fairy Liquid to finish d'owl kitchen in Amerikay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

What this fella is leaving out is that all improvements done in the states increases the value used for annual taxes on the house paid to the councils

Fetid Fiver Friday Alert......2nd December!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Another fiver Friday? :rolleyes:

Lapin wrote: »
    Fek :eek:

I often threw lashings of Fairy Liquid into countless cement mixers during my time as a labourer in London about 20 years ago.

I thought nothing of it and just kept adding the stuff at random.
    I don't really know why, and never questioned the practice because I didn't really care why it was done as long as I got paid.

So if a wing of Great Ormond Street Hospital falls down anytime soon, or Westminster Tube Station caves in, I'm gonna do a runner. :o

This guy on about the sand grade has a better point about it.
    I'd never heard about detergent f*cking up cement (only skimcoat, makes it "map")... common mortarsiser is only an extender, and detergent does the same thing.

"Don't put the heart crossways in people Oliver" says Joe.

While quietly saying to himself.."that's my job"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Thats whats known in the trade as "a builders finish". When my place was built they had the vent stack for the sewer venting into the attic space ffs.

Hope that hotel he's taking about isn't The Regency .....the irony would be too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

fiver friday, 10 minutes of free advertising at the end of the show everyday till then.. time to switch off early

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

prioryhall.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFaV11Qy0gyMkaLanmcrOGFX5TxEw1OpiJcB9TUwbn5-ElfoIHyw

Name the Hotel Oliver !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'll be honest with ye, I am more concerned about this rumoured Stone Roses reunion at the moment.

Press Conference at 3pm, no Mooney for me today ...

prioryhall.jpg

Is that plasterboard or a ki of coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I love these ex pat explorers that head off to a foreign country and find better ways of doing stuff, to share with the Neanderthals back in "the old country"..

I am one of these expat explorers. Normally your posts make sense, but to be honest this one sounds bitter.

Move over Joe

duncanstewart%5B6%5D.jpg

Time to call in the ..:D.. expert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

prioryhall.jpg

hey! where di you get my pic from:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

Fake plug sockets, jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

ex pat, why did you change your name?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I am one of these expat explorers. Normally your posts make sense, but to be honest this one sounds bitter.

I was one Syklops, but I think I know where Jon is coming from.

There is something very condecinding about someone who made good abroad (especially in the States) coming on a live radio programme telling those back home where they are going wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement